Reviews for Here is a Place of Disaffection
Type your review here...
Colgate Cavity Protection chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I Love it!
KatzillaM chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
And yet again, your ability to paint magnificent pictures with words astounds me. Simply amazing. And I still feel like a creep. 3 :)
WickedWitchoftheSE chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
aw, precious story! great job, can't wait to see where it goes!
And I Am Undone chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
It's taken a while for me to warm up to Spones fics/fix, but reading the way you go about has certainly helped me see the possibilities. Also, your AU stories are done in such a way that they don't seem so AU to me - you keep the characters true to themselves, which I admire greatly.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment of your On Any Given Day series. I have a need to stop hating Jim - and I'm hoping you'll eventually let me do that!
xkohleyesx chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Professional-and-respectfully-considerate-of-Spock's-telepathy McCoy makes my heart go all a-flutter _ I love how *aware* of Spock he is. And they're friendly(ish) arguments are so straight from canon, it makes my heart ache (in a good way, I assure you).

I love what this story is doing so far and I'm really liking your decision to set it on a ship other than the Enterprise; it definitely makes for an interesting dynamic, one where Jim isn't present to act as a buffer between the two. I'm also enjoying the way Spock registers McCoy's voice and touch as a pull between sand and surf; the dichotomy of Vulcan and coastal descriptions is wonderful.

I can't wait to read more :)
MyriadProBold chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Nice job. I like the way their relationship is staring. I can't wait for more.
KaL KeY chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I know that I already reviewed, but since I didn't sign in last time and I was rereading this story, I just had to review again! Still love it, maybe more this time then the last time that I read it! Like I said before, love the idea, I'm glad that someone gave you the idea for this! - I cant wait for the next story! I'm hoping that its the next one for this AND the next one for the Crystaline stories!...Is this series going to be titled after sand? Keep up the great work!
aaliyah1963 chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I LOVE IT! Bones is perfect and I love the relationship you are developing. I cannot wait to read more.
rubberducky26 chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
New story! Another McCoy/Spock, you don't see many of those on here! Thanks for the new story!
Milarca chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Sand. I've never associated McCoy with *sand,* though it's quite appropriate... Continental, Southern sand, and San Francisco sand. Both different, and yet each are apart of him. And Spock would obviously identify with sand; it's comforting to him. And the general sense of someone being there for him, is comforting too, but I wonder if there's anything else. There's got to be. Or does there? Is there? How is McCoy different than Jim. He's as brilliant, as emotional (probably more..) and less (/more) 'respectful' of Spock's personal boundaries. Physical boundaries are harsher. He won't touch Spock (generally), but will follow him around. And yet in the place of that touch, and, subsequently, mind-link, he's taken with arguing with Spock. Getting past Spock's barriers in a way that's acceptable to his ethics. To figure him out.

I just don't entirely get *why* he's taking an interest in Spock. Is it scientific curiosity (doctor/patient) that will develop into a mild, and eventually deep, friendship? Or is there something else. Why does McCoy want to be *Spock's* friend? It just has to go beyond simple curiosity.
Doni chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Really liking this. I was cracking up at Spock's perspective of McCoy being an argumentative, and sneaky bastard. Just the way I like him.
Yumasu chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I fell in love with this story. Please, write another chapter soon, I can't wait to see what will happen! And thank you for this, it was really enjoyable and addicting!
KaL KeY chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Hey, in a little bit of a hurry, so I don't have the time to sign in, but I just had to review for you. I love the Crystaline stories, and I love a good Spoones story, so I love this idea! I can't wait to see what happens in the next one! I'm sure it will be just as good as times on. This one was almost for Spocks Pov, so will the next be from Bones? I hope that it will be in some way. Really loved this one and hopeing for the next chapter already (though I think I already said that). Is Jim going to be in this one in some way? I'll just have to keep reading to find out, right? Update soon! I'll be looking out for it!
aomoa chapter 1 . 9/14/2011