Reviews for The Sons of John Winchester
Silvermoon of Forestclan chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
*laughing my head off* 'God may have mercy on you, Dean Winchester will not.'

I really liked seeing it from Cas' POV.
thethreebroomsticks69 chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
I love this. This is HILARIOUS. And I love the way you wrote. I could actually imagine Castiel saying all this.

Love. Love. Love.
Psychomech chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
This makes me happy. I like Castiel noticing things like Dean standing in front of Sam or moving confrontation away from him. I'd be interested in more of these stories if you ever write 'em.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Interesting take on seeing this all through Castiel's eyes.
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Great fic! I quite enjoyed it! Nice idea to tell it from Cas' POV.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
LOVED THIS! It seems as the series has progressed, Sam and Castiel have become more and more at odds with each other. It seems Castiel doesn't care about nor like Sam at all. :( This story here was a nice reprief from that. Your account with this part of the episode was so nicely done-I even heard Uriel's gruff, hostile voice! Yeah... he was definately a dick.

:D Thank you for writing this, Clair!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Interesting thoughts from Castiel. I could imagine this is what he would think of the brothers before he got to know them.

Thanks for trying to figure out what Castiel is thinking.

Also when I have a moment, I have a couple of stories from Vancouver to share with you.

Until next time, take care.
Sotobow chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
"pride, confidence, hauteur. Perhaps disdain, arrogance, disbelief, even loathing" - Wow. I can't think of a list that fits Sam less (as an all around, general person). He's actually the opposite of most of these things in general. Sure, he has issues with wrath, but only where Dean's concerned. He gets scary dangerous and protective of Dean.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd rather have Dean mad at me for hurting Sam than vice versa... Sam does the whole John Winchester revenge thing (doesn't stop until it's done or he's dead).

Haha! I remember when Sam geeked out at meeting an angel. It was pretty adorable! And I love Cas (villainous or not). :D

It was great reading about how Cas had preconceptions about the Winchesters that were pretty much dashed to pieces. I'm sure the boys had a similar experience with their first meeting with an angel. ;)

Great story!
janiebee64 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Loved this one Clair. I believe this is exactly how Castiel would see them. The differences between Sam and Dean and there reactions to heaven and hell were perfect. This story brought that out perfectly. Really enjoyed..hope to read more soon.

Take care,

Jane
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I love your take on this and I like your approach.

Very creative.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Very interesting take on this episode. Cas' inner voice and views were quite revealing. Well done.
68guns chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Wow, this is a great story! Your Castiel voice is spot on, and I really think you have the Dean and Sam characterizations and motivations perfect. I loved all your Biblical references, like Zechariah and John the Baptist, and the Sons of Thunder. Excellent!
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Oh I wish you could spend all your time writing a bacvk story glimspe of every episode because i found this one as riviting as it was revealing.

"Since I could find no reason to envision Dean being as effusive in his descriptions of me to Sam as he is in his descriptions of Sam to me, I could only surmise that Sam had been persistent in his questions about me, and an unbidden image arose in my mind of a little brother tirelessly pestering his big brother until he'd exhausted both the topic of inquiry and the big brother."

That was a wonderful POV of Castiel!

In fact I loved all of your comments that Cas had from his heart regarding his observations of the Winchesters, like how he noted the way each brother positioned himself between Uriel during heated converstions.

And funny: "While I had no idea what 'screw the pooch' meant in human vernacular, I sensed that it would be neither polite nor legal in most pockets of humanity."

To the very telling: "Dean was maybe caught off guard, but not for long. Dean had told me of his father, of his father's last charge to him – a charge that Dean had not obeyed. I don't know what I expected from the sons of John Winchester. I know what I hoped they would do, I know what I prayed they would do. I had not been of their acquaintance long enough yet to know what they would do."

Thank you for writing this in Cas's POV. I liked this Cas very much and am not sure the New one will be as fun to watch.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I love this story! You have Castiel's viewpoint done so well. The sons of John Winchester are definitely the only two of their kind.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Only time limits the number of enthusiastic things I could say about this. I could pull out so many lines, so many examples of great dialogue and characterisation that it would take me all evening here.

Your Castiel "voice" is wonderful. So too his POV. So too the biblical references with all their appropriate and less appropriate applications. Love how you see the brothers - how Cas sees them. Great drama that the show has changed so much of that but I have faith the writers will sort it out. eventually. Just wish they could do it as well as you could.

It's great and it's now going on my favourites list (that's the list I would show my husband if he ever had the temerity to question the writing talent here in fanfiction - take that, hubby!).