Reviews for Pieces of the Whole
klu chapter 14 . 4/14
Again, the turns you took here were really fun to read and take with you...

God coming to Gibbs and asking to be a vessel. I liked the concept that only God's vessel has the ability to maintain his own distinct personality and 'God' only shows himself when it's appropriate. I also liked to occasional convos between 'God' and Gibbs. I found it very interesting and cool. It kind of reminded me of a Tok'ra relationship (if you ever watched Stargate SG-1).

Also, Dean and Ziva becoming parents. I'm not sure why Dean is making this such a difficult thing. Especially now. Ziva has a good job and while yes, both of them have dangerous jobs, they also have 'angels in their corners' reducing the chances of dying (which helps) but moreover there are cops (or firefighters or federal agents) married to soldiers who are deployed overseas and they still have families... I don't see the difference... He will have more opportunities to come home and see his kids than parents in those situations would... And again, 'angel air' can get him there for big days like birthdays too...

I do love the way you still managed to bust into purgatory and use Cas, but that this time, he was an unwilling participant... I hope Crowley is smote (smited?) after Dean rips him a new one.

And poor Sam. I think this curse put on him is the worst torture I've ever heard. Especially with his wife about to have a child and so many things in his life finally at a 'good' place.

I have really enjoyed this series.
Cocobutter chapter 14 . 5/14/2013
This is AWESOME!
Guest chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
Your whole series of Family Ties so far has been EPIC!
The way you portray the characters, the plot, & the drama it's unbelievable.
YOU ROCK!
murphy9202 chapter 14 . 5/23/2012
Great cliffhanger ending to the story! I am looking forward to reading the fourth story. Don't keep us waiting too long. I am glad you have started writing again.
deanstheman chapter 14 . 5/23/2012
duh duh duh duuuuh...

Oh you meanie leaving on a cliffhanger like that! (yes, I said meanie. I'm officially 12 years old again). I guess you did warn us so I'll let it slide :) So this chap was like the yang for all the ying-couplesweetness in the last chap, huh? Great ending - I'll admit I'm even more worried about Cas than I was with the cannon version of events, but I trust you won't keep us waiting too long for the start of the next installment ;) God Gibbs must surely know it isn't Cas's fault (not in your version), so hopefully he'll take it easy on him. Nice work.
deanstheman chapter 13 . 5/22/2012
Great chap! I am really liking your spin on things as season 6 wraps your way. I loved that you left that Dean-Sam scene in there though because it was such a perfect and powerful moment between them. Can't wait for the big finale :)
deanstheman chapter 12 . 5/19/2012
Samuel & rufus: what an awesome pair they make. Evil sonsabitches, better watch your backs!

Tony & Celeste: I love these two together. Tony deserves her and she gets along so well with Gabriel that its not surprising she fell for Tony.

Abby & Gabe: another awesome match-up. Wow. Works even better than gabe-Fi (of course, I am biased towards sam and Fi).

McGee and Jo: what a lovely little spat - and what an endearing couple. Loved Dean's insight.
deanstheman chapter 11 . 1/29/2012
I have probably said this before, but HOLY CRAP it is eerie how well you do the NCIS crew and their dynamic. The way each talks, what each says, the actions, the timing - it is SERIOUSLY like watching any given episode. You have them so downpat!

Ahh, you're breaking my heart here. Dean said he cares abut his brother, his wife, and his best friend, but how about Ellen and jo? Are they gone? They weren't descendants of someone who lived who was supposed to die in the ship, but Balthazar did say they died in the true timeline... but since Fiona's there to save them again this time...

Nice you got a good bit of Tony in there. I love Tony - he's my fave NCIS character, whic is saying a lot because Abby is pretty awesome and the rest are right uo there too.

I love Bobby and Ellen together. You are so right, she is a hunter but she will always be a mother too (and a wife, in this case!).

Like how you successfully averted season 7 and Cas's royal screw-up :)
deanstheman chapter 10 . 1/24/2012
I do LOVE me some good Dean angst and your option #3 is looking pretty enticing ...

Still can't decide about Fiona or the Harvelle ladies ... Can I suggest flipping a coin? Like the bowl-cut dude from No Country for Old Men - heads they live, tails they die ?
deanstheman chapter 9 . 1/11/2012
Ha that was AWESOME! At first I thought my 'little surprise' was tony sleeping with Celeste (which I squealed at coz he deserves to have somebody too!) Then I BURST out laughing at balthazar's other choice of alternate realities! Hahaha! That would be a dream come true - though Balthazar was right to suspect we'd drag him and Cas into it! :D. Lol -I'm still giggling now as I write this - I have had such a crazy couple of days and this was exactly what I needed! Thanks! And great chapter too - the plan finally coming together - and Ziva pregnant! Dean finally gets to be a daddy :)
SPN Mum chapter 9 . 1/10/2012
Lots of action in this chapter! It was nice. :) I'm glad that Raphael was finally stopped. Not a good idea to piss off God. lol Now we find out that Ziva is pregnant? Um, cool? lol
deanstheman chapter 8 . 12/28/2011
Well that was just christmas goodness all around :) Great chapter. Curious to see where you go with this story - this chapter almost felt like a happily ever after. Even for Gibbs, in a way :)
SPN Mum chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
"Sometimes, the rewards are worth the cost." What a great sentiment! Especially for Christmas. Bobby and Gibbs wouldn't have the current people in their lives, if things hadn't gone bad for them previously. Gibbs has his big family, and Bobby discovered that he makes a great 'dad'. Losing one thing, in order to gain many more, is difficult, but rewarding in the end. I'm glad that they could recognize that fact. :)

Nice addition to the story. :)
deanstheman chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
Awww that was such a tearjerker-in-a-happy way chapter! You did an awesome job on the vows, every one was spot-on. LOVED he Impala cake! One question though, since James was there, why did Ducky still give Fiona away? I liked that the fathers got to make their peace with their kids and vice-versa. Poor Gabriel though, that had to be hard to watch.
SPN Mum chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
They finally did it! Misters and Missus Winchesters! lol I'm glad Sam has his soul back now. I bet things will be a whole lot better between him and everyone else now. Dean and Fiona especially. Are we going to get to see them on their wedding night? Just a taste? lol

I wonder how Gabriel feels now? I hope he's happy for Fi and Sam!

Looking forward to more! :)