Reviews for Secretive Liars
LovelySocks chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Very interesting. A lot of people do fics on how the NextGen girls are "broken" and "flawed" and "messed up" but there always 'perfectly imperfect,' you know? Yours isnt' like that. It's true and bitter and, to be honest, downright depressing. Really made me feel something. Great job.
Snicket Toy chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
It was so good, so refreshing to read. It wasn't too short, but not too long, the enough amount to be enjoyable to read. Congratulations.
CrAzYbutLoVaBlE chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I loved this! You had a lot of detail and showed layers. The only one i didnt really like was Victiore. But other than that, i can relate to almost every other character. I love the personalitys too.
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
That was amazing, Mad.

I really loved all of their flaws, and their chatacgerisations. And because I'm on my iPod I spelt that wrong but I'm too lazy to go and fix it, so ;) I'm sure you're clever enough to guess : P

I loved the layout of this. It was just adhkhgfffjsh-y and amazing.

Great job!
kingslayers chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Ooh.

I think it's best if I go through it in stages.

I. LilyLuna ~ fake.

I love how you wrote iit, how she just acts as if she doesn't hear it, as if she's better than Albert, but I don't think she is, because at least he's /real/.

I'd hate to be so fake.

II. Lucy ~ liar.

I actually adore your Lucy. I think that even though she wasn't portrayed in a fabulous light, she was the most relatable.

It was like everyone only saw what they wanted to see, they just looked at her smiles but they never saw the girl underneath the mask.

I think I liked Lucy best.

III. Dominique ~ evil.

I don't know how I feel about this one, actually. She seemed like one of the stronger characters, but I don't know.

I think Victoire's one redeemed her more than the others ever got redeemed :P

IV. Molly ~ Selfish.

Wow. I really liked this one, but I didn't like Molly so much. Again, this was very relatable - nearly as relatable as Lucy's. I liked it, because I could see it happening.

I didn't like it because I am a hypocrite and dislike selfishness ;)

V. Rose ~ Arrogant.

She's an arrogant know-it-all, but I thought it was realistic. I'm no genius so it wasn't freakishly relatable, but the relationship with Scor, his words, her hurt... That was.

I think, out of them all, I felt sorry for her. She was like a self-fulfilling prophecy that she couldn't or didn't want to escape, and Scor's words hurt.

VI. Roxanne ~ Irresponsible.

I liked how she was doing it all for her dad, and, in the end, he was the one that made her stop, that made her feel ashamed.

VII. Victoire ~ Vain.

I actually feel really sorry for Victoire.

Because she might be vain, and she might care more about her looks and Teddy than talking to her (possibly annoying) little sister, but she felt guilty.

And in my opinion, vanity isn't the worst thing to be guilty of.

Overall, I liked it. It was very prettilt worded and the concept was cool - it reminded me of something someone did - maybe Liss? Whatever, it rocked.

I think that it's great, but I'd be intrigued to read one where someone else was vain and Victoire had another sin :P

If any readers tell you they're doing one, tell meeeeeee? ;)

Loved it, Madders.

Janeyrose xx
Obscure Soul chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Well, Madders, I loved it.

I love the way that you've developed your characters, and that's one of the reasons I love NextGen. We've all been supplied with paints and a canvas, and been told to paint it any way we like. And I adore the way you've painted yours. It's truly a work of art. :D
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Loved. :)
HollyVanDerBerg chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Omg! I loved it! It was perfect! You should do the boys too!
centralperks chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Gorgeous, Mad, seriously, every single one of them. I love all the flaws you came up with, and you kept them all in character, which is impressive!

I love how you only played on their flaws - there was nothing good about these girls, because you only focused on what was wrong with them, when you could have easily created them to be well rounded, so that was really great. I think most people would say that Dominique is the worst, but really, they are all equal. I was trying to guess the flaws as I was reading, that was amusing. And then I thought if there was one flaw that I would dread having, I think it would be the first one. I would hate to be fake.

But I don't know. And it was just a good eye opener, too, you know. Because obviously, girls are going to read this and relate, same as I did, and be like 'woops'. It was almost harsh, in a way, which was great. It was /real/.

Great work, Mad! :)
lowi chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Mad, I /really liked this! It was very unique and creative; a very refreshing take on the girls!

I love how all of them were described, it just made a lot of sense to me! Dom was one that really stood out to me; especially the concluding line! And the one about Lucy was very interesting!

Your language is as beautiful as always, Mad, I truly admire your writing so much!

Awesome work! &hearts
dee the deer chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I loved this, Mad. It's nice to read about characters' flaws sometimes, to remind yourself that they're meant to be normal humans too, not the perfect things we sometimes imagine them to be.

Your writing is amazing, lovely :)

-Dee x
candycity chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I loved, loved, loved this. Their flaws and ugliness were so stunningly written, and this was just sosososo beautiful.
merdarkandtwisty chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
this is intersting but why didn't roxy just work with her dad. I'm going to add it to my lily luna potter community
Draco's Favorite Witch chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
I really enjoyed it now do the boys
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Ohmygosh! THAT WAS OUTSTANDING, MADDY! I JUST LOVED IT SO MUCH! IT WAS GREAT! :D klldl;sld;. Perfect! Just wow.