Reviews for Tenderness
ArmyGhost08 chapter 1 . 2/17
Whoa, Nelly! Talk about dark and angsty! It was a fantastic breath of fresh air to read about Anthy's perspective for a change. I loved how you showed her having all these preconceived notions of how Utena would behave and above all, how you explain why Anthy has these exetitions in the first place. Bravo, especially in capturing Anthy's reaction to Utena unknowingly failing to follow the playbook.
Aurora-Borealis Coyote chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Oh, I love this. You write as if you really understand Anthy's character, her thoughts fit in seamlessly. This is how I'd imagine her to be thinking.

"She would take Anthy thinking that she was the first, because she was too blindly stubborn to recognise the obvious implications of a girl who was a bride doing whatever her victor wanted." yeah..that was always the thing with Utena, it took her a while to understand a lot of what had been going on.

"Anthy didn't know whether it was true or not, but it was what the Rose Bride would do, and she was the Rose Bride." This line is great. It's as if Anthy feels detached from her identity as the Rose Bride, almost.

"She made Anthy forget she was doll without a heart. She made her forget that she didn't know how to love. Sometimes it terrified Anthy, how much power Utena was gaining over her. Because Utena could almost make her believe that the world was as she said and not as Anthy knew it to be. And that was not a delusion that Anthy could afford to have." This just such a wonderful insight into Anthy's mind; even if Anthy really is more than what she thinks she is, she doesn't have much of a reason to believe otherwise.

I think this is a wonderful analysis of the series and Anthy's character.
DandelionKing chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I always appreciate when these aspects of Anthy are explored. A delicate dance of injury, suspicion, and all the twisted things we love about SKU/RGU. In other words, something human and heroic.
kairitheseventhprincessofheart chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Simply lovely.

Especially for a first attempt! Please keep writing for this fandom.

Please do not reply to this review. Thanks!
Raze Occam chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Ah, I love it...A perfect blend of sweetness and angst, lovely.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Pretty sweet. Pretty excellent. Quite good. Maybe delightful and/or perfect.
petiyaka chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
pretty good job!
Nemo chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I just felt, like this should be animated.. now!

Kudos, excellent work.. Anthy is not a easy character to describe, you need to go dark, beyond darkness
dagomir chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
That was a nice read :)

Especially that it's you 1st Utena story - if you start with portraying characters so well, I just cannot wait for some more stories from you.

I simply love the way the interaction between A&U proceeds - their insecurities and anticipations :)