Reviews for The Sentinel, by Sam Beckett
Questfan chapter 3 . 1/26/2013
What a cool combination for a crossover! I love both shows and as usual Sam handled the leap brilliantly. I loved the way he picked apart the vultures and made them look stupid or negligent. I especially loved the reference to fanfic writers and using names of people we don't like for villains. Have done that myself :-) I wonder how long it will take Blair to figure out Jim is clueless and want to know what happened to him. Another great read thankyou.
Cassandra30 chapter 3 . 5/26/2012
Excellent!
Goldleaf83 chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
The way you mixed the two shows was very clever, both in using Sam and Al to fix the problem posed by the end of the series finale for The Sentinel and in solving the long-time mystery of Blair’s paternity; the idea certainly gives Sam and Al considerable extra motivation on getting this one right. Sam’s solution certainly picks apart all the illogic in the situation of the original episode (I always wonder if the writers were asleep or stoned or just didn’t care anymore) so that you give a far more believable and satisfactory resolution to that part of the story than the episode did. Deft writing as well: I had to laugh at the comparison of Blair’s dissertation to fanfic! Other particularly bright moments included Sam’s comment on how anyone would be blinded by all those flashbulbs and Jim’s decision to attribute his lack of memory to a zone-out. Al’s feelings for Naomi were very sweetly shown: that kiss he can’t give her was quite poignant. A very well conceived and nicely written story!
Terry Kay chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
Great use of the characters from both shows. Vice nice piece of writing! Thank you!
unutterably stupid dragon chapter 3 . 10/2/2011
I am having so much fun ... you write in fandoms I love and do an outstanding job ... Sam and Jim/Blair ... terrific idea, well executed. Eventually Blair will figure out Jim "zoned" ... (laughter)
JudyL068 chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
Great job. I love the way Sam took down the reporters, the chancellor and SidG. Poor Jim will have a heck of a time figuring out what happenedG. I really like the idea of Al as Blair's dad. It fits well as does the rocky relationship Al would have had with Naomi. I enjoyed this a lot.
Black Rook chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
Way to go, Sam! :) Hope Al and Blair meet one day, though:)
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 9/17/2011
Good stuff!
JudyL068 chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Oh boy is right... great job with this xo. I did one for The Sentinel Too, with Sam leaping into Megan.G. Are you planning on continuing through the rest of the episode? I think it would be awesome to see. Thanks for sharing.
Black Rook chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Oh, two stories from you in one day, it's a treat!:) really interested in seeing how Sam manages to solve this mess!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Really terrific idea for a story! Very cool!