Reviews for A Lost Illusion
michele magnolia chapter 2 . 3/2/2014
I had hoped that this would have more chapters. I do so love the dark side of Beauty & the Beast.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/9/2013
I like the idea very much. Look forward to reading Belle's Stockholm syndrome
Myradream chapter 2 . 11/24/2013
Great so far, would love to read more! :)
Collaborative Lady chapter 2 . 7/18/2013
Well, I hope you continue with this. The concept is intriguing.
trouver chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
I can see what you meant for "dark" story... but a really nice work, you describe fear without repeating yourself. :) Please continue
x.X.Cutiepie.X.x chapter 2 . 10/8/2011
Love the story!

BTW if anyone here is a sleeping beauty and Beauty and the Beast fan, be sure to read "Black Mirror" by . It’s a Frickin’ AWESOME story…nicely written and thought.

She hasn't updated for a while so let's PLEASE ENCOURAGE HER WITH REVIEWS!

Peace :)
MyahLyah chapter 2 . 10/7/2011
I really like the connection and take on howyou put on Maurice raised Belle and how Mrs. Potts' Adam/Beast. That was very unique. I was scared for the servants when they tried to advise Beast on freeing Maurice. Then there was that ending with Belle's promise and Beast calculating over it. I don't know if I read too much into it, but it gave me the (creepy)chills, in an exciting way. Look forward to reading more!
Pimpernel Princess chapter 2 . 10/7/2011
I'm enjoying your take on this story very much, especially when you delve into the psychology of the individual characters. I'd love to see you add even more of this into the story. One thing I found noteworthy was how ironically parallel Mrs. Potts thoughts on raising the prince and Maurice's thoughts on raising Belle were. Nicely done!

May the muse be with you,

PP
TrudiRose chapter 2 . 10/7/2011
The internal thoughts and emotions here were fascinating to read and really added to the characterizations, so I didn't mind at all that it was rehashing a scene from the movie. After all, the whole point of the story IS to use the movie itself, but re-interpret it in a different way.
shortstef chapter 2 . 10/7/2011
Not much to say here seeing as a large part of this chapter was the canon dialogue (NOT a criticism; I totally understand that you can't really start putting your spin on it until Belle and Beast met), but I like the elaboration you have put in here, especially Mrs Potts. It never occured to me that she might blame herself for what happened
phoenixsoul13 chapter 2 . 10/6/2011
Oooh. Interesting. I really liked that scene at the beginning with the servants trying to... advise the Beast to let Maurice go. Gave us more of their point of view. I liked seeing into the Beast's thoughts as well.
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 2 . 10/6/2011
Hmmm. You're right, not much deviation from the movie here other than a few deeper insights into the characters. I found the whole internal debate of the servants about how much humanity is left in the Beast quite chilling. It's a valid question, and one that could easily be asked of the movie Beast before his internal change begins. Knowing what I know you're going to do with this story, I found that little detail ominous. Good job.

Samoa
shortstef chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Well you know I love my fluff and my happy endings, so it is difficult for me to want to read a story where I know this isn't going to happen! However, I have faith in you, and it's always refreshing to read stories that aren't sugar-coated, that are taken out of the rose-tinted Disney world and given a bit more realism and grittiness.

I'll also be intrigued to see how different you can make this from the other two stories you already have in progress (you certainly are the multi-tasking queen!)
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Oh, God, I am LOVING this so far! It's taking the movie, exactly as it is, and putting a different-colored glass over it to see it differently.

I especially love how you show Belle's flaws here - which to me, doesn't make her unlikable, but ironically makes her MORE likable because she's more REAL, not the perfect, always-right protagonlist of the movie. To me, this Belle is a real teenager: only seeing things from her point of view, always certain she's right, and most of all, seeing herself as the heroine of her own story. It's absolutely brilliant!
CarolNJoy chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I saw you guys talking about a Stockholm Syndrome story on B&S, and I'm so glad you're doing it! :D I can't wait for the story to get more in depth and to see a much darker version of B&B. :) Great job so far!