Reviews for Spruce and Cactus
moosals chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Oh I like this, very much.

I had to laugh at Emmett asking Edward if he was morphing into a wolf...that whole section was funny, and you definitely needed that to counter act poor Bella's emotions on hearing her mother refer to her as a mistake.

I love Queen's music and Freddie. I was working as a cinema usherette when Highlander came out, so I saw it quite a few times - I was watching Sean Connery more than Christopher Lambert though ;)
Thanks :)
shehazi chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Coming from one who has ' never loved before', I'd say it's much better to ' have loved and lost'.
favludo chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Awesomely beautiful! Thanks for writing and posting :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Too sad.
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Even apart and not having even met yet, they are drawn together. This was beautifully told. Disagree with canon Renee thinking Bella was a mistake, but fits for the story.
Montara chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I loved it. And look...no tears :)))

Thank you!
NKubie chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
That was beautiful and sad. Such longing.

I loved Queen. I must have played A Night at the Opera thousands of times. And Who Wants to Live Forever is so perfect for this story. Sets the perfect tone.
Zsadistika chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Loved this. Very romantic and I think I had some of the same thoughts Bella had at some point in my life.
You can see that I finally was able to get my account back, lol!
Did I ever tell you that I've been to Alaska? So beautiful :-)
Hugs dearest friend, Z.
Dolly.Reader chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Lovely yearning for more love in life. My mind is playing out their unwritten moment of realization.

Always love to read your words, they make me feel like I'm getting smarter!

Cheers
k1942 chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I love your imagination in this ! The thought of Edward looking at the moon and wondering if there was someone for him, watching that same moon at the same time. Then, there's Bella doing the very same thing. Their minds and hearts are in sync even before they meet! Ah, destiny, fate, karma, call it what you will, for them it's real!
fanyCullen chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
There are a lot of things that I love about this story:

First, the idea that Edward and Bella were thinking about the same thing at the same time even if they're so separated by the distance.

Second, the fact that this could have easily happened because it fits their personalities perfectly.

Third, Emmett it's in the story and I really like him. I wish we could have known more about him in the books.

Fourth, I love the ending. We know they're going to find each other and be together forever. The ending is perfect.

And finally, a story like this reminds me of why I fell in love with Twilight in the first place so I'm just going to say THANK YOU :)
Rasa.Ra chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Loved it:)
Ellie Aluinn chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Your story is beautiful, in every way I can think of. It is not often that a reader is left with a feeling of satisfaction. I will try to explain:

Knowing your story is the introduction of two lovers, where their story is already told, where we know their dreams, desires, etc, have been fulfilled, is really quite masterful. We, as readers, are not left hanging, but are sated. The understanding of their yearning, their faithfulness to their own selves was portrayed with realism in your story.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

I remember well the day dear Freddy died. The evening was warm and a gentle breeze caressed our skin. I was holding my month old son in my arms, dancing and crooning softly to 'Is this the world we created'. The song was playing on the radio. My husband had our five year old daughter on his knee trying to teach her how to play his guitar. A peaceful night of love and sharing.

Then, the song was interrupted by a choked up news/radio operator announcing the death of Freddy. My husband and I looked at each other, the inevitable reality of what we knew was coming showed as a deep sadness within our eyes. My silent tears fell on our son's sleeping face as my husband played Freddy's most moving song.

Highlander is a favourite movie of my husband and I. Our daughter was born that year.

I know this was a one shot, but I would love to read how you would interpret their story, how you would write it. One can only hope...

Bec

xoxo
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I love the way you are jumping from one person to the other showing their thoughts and how the song seems to tie them together. I love the song you based this story on and enjoyed watching Highlander several times :)
SatinCoveredSteel chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
I enjoyed that very much. I think you did a great job with staying true to the characters and the mindset they might have prior to the events of Twilight. Bella’s questions about whether long-lasting love is possible are very familiar in this rather cynical age in which we live, and considering the history between her parents, her doubts are understandable. It's also easy to see that she later questions the value of marriage, even after she has met Edward. A lot of people complain about Bella's refusal of Edward's proposals, but they have to consider how her upbringing would influence her idea of marriage.

I like how Bella's vow near the end—to never look on a child and think it had been a mistake—foreshadows her decision in BD. It was heartbreaking to see her wonder if she was to blame for her parents' breakup. A sadly common mindset for kids who are the product of failed marriages.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »