Reviews for Not What She Expected
musicmiss18 chapter 1 . 7/6
I really, really enjoyed this story. It was a journey of healing and discovery, and it felt so completely natural. I loved it!
maplefeathers403 chapter 1 . 3/7
Beautiful. Oh my, so so beautiful. I love it! and the Luna part is definitely the best. She's 100 per my favourite HP character...
PeaJack chapter 1 . 10/23/2016
An excellent story, so much fun delving into Hemione's mind.
My only gripe with it is that sometimes the dialogue is a bit forced. Especially in the first prefect meeting, Astoria and Hermione's lines don't sound like the way people actually speak.
Still, very much enjoyed it, keep on writing.
InquisitorCOC chapter 1 . 4/6/2016
Malfoys only deserved forgiveness after emptying their vaults for reparations and having Lucius chucked for life in Azkaban.

Draco should at least serve enough sentence for two attempted murders on Katie Bell and Ron Weasley.

With respect to Theo Nott, if he was serious about his guilt, then he should cough up at least 1000 galleons and serve 1 month in Azkaban for every second he crucioed his fellow students.

Anything less is a shame to the legal system and an insult to their victims.

Justice must be served before forgiveness.
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 1 . 3/26/2016
Magnificient. Thank you.
Fangalitious chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
I hadn't read this one before, and I'm not sure how I missed it. I love looking at Hermione's last year, as it would have been so different from everything we experience with her up to this point. So many people assume that, after the war, things would be healed. I mean, that's what the war was fought for, right? But of course it can never be that simple, and I loved how well you fleshed out the complexities and consequences of the war.
DragonOwl chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
This is amazing. I love how you've written this realistically, including the trauma they must have gone through fighting in a war, how they coped with it, and the way Hermione struggled with forgiveness and helped the others, eventually finding some closure herself.
Daziy is SoniQ chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Long fic, but totally worth it. I totally don't know what to write, so I'll just say: Nice job!
notanalpaca chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
Wow. Amazing writing. You wrote the post-battle atmosphere perfectly. The characters felt so real! It was painful to read at times (because feelings) but I loved how you showed how Hermione had other people to support her and other people that she could help. I agree that she would be well-suited for a post in Magical Law.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
I really loved this story. First of all, Hermione is wonderful. This was exactly how I imagine her: she's kind, serious and clever (of course!) but we also see all her doubts, fears and imperfections. The background was perfect: all the after-war Hogwarts and how students are feeling. The bunch of characters was brillant, especially Luna and Hannah. Thanks a lot!
Caroline chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Wonderful job with Hermione. I've always thought she seemed like a particularly hard character to write but you did it beautifully. thanks so much
Pieredae's Muse chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
I decided to revisit your Roses trilogy (it's one of my favorites) and ended up reading quite a bit of your work over the past 24 hours when I should have been packing for grad school. You are such a talented storyteller, and this part of the Pieces universe is such an important element of the war/post-war missing from canon. I love the care you bring to developing the minor characters (we're all Hermione in terms of seeing everyone from within the bubble of the trio) and their struggle to deal with who they are after the battle. It's all the more poignant when I think about the parallels to real life; your characters still find faith in the ability to forgive and grow despite/because of their experiences.
The girlwhocould chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
...openflowers (my username, I'm too lazy to sign in)
That was absolutely beautiful.
I love everything about it; it's not what I had imagined but it's perfect. It has the pain of the war, the prejudice against the Slitherins, the hope...
Be proud of this story.
P.
PS: the only thing I could say is that Luna is as the Luna in the books, but that is probably done on purpose.
kaiiju chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
This is absolutely great. My hurt hurt more than a little, it was so bittersweet and absolutely in character. thanks for the great read!
Bleuwolf13 chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
I like that they go out on the boats. I never thought of that...
This was a very interesting fanfic. It's just a oneshot, right? No chapter two coming? That's okay if so, it was great while it lasted :)