Reviews for Sweet Madness
Leo2010 chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
I have just found this story and it is fantastic.
Lady Dragona chapter 5 . 11/19/2011
I loved the very end and the name of Thia's baby boy. What a great way to give a vampire a legacy.
Lady Dragona chapter 4 . 11/19/2011
I loved the way you ended this story. I think it was poetic justice that her father lost everything in the end.
Lady Dragona chapter 3 . 11/19/2011
I love how this is playing out and Tom is looking out for ALice and letting her live. I also love how Alice is trying to help him as well.
Lady Dragona chapter 2 . 11/19/2011
I love the relationship between Alice and Tom. I think it is great that he listened to her story and then shared his most personal information with her.
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
An amazing beginning. I love how you used the backstory. I look forward to see how you are going to change things.
Her Mighty Ubergeekness chapter 3 . 10/27/2011
Enjoyed your detail on Alice's powers. I think her abilities (even [especially] in canon) are far over utilized and often don't follow the rules the smeyer set forth at the beginning. This lays great groundwork for a logical progression for Alice. Lovin' the Tom backstory. :)
Her Mighty Ubergeekness chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
See, I told you I knew I'd like where you'd go with this! I find it an interesting juxtaposition that she has found some comfort in the most dreadful of places. I'm even enjoying Tom, in spite of his crimson-eyed status :)
Her Mighty Ubergeekness chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Awesomesauce! Great job painting a picture of her life in the asylum. There's depth and a lot of thought here, and I suspect it's going to pay off in future chapters. I'm moving along to read on! *muah*
TheaJ1 chapter 2 . 10/10/2011
Again beautifully written!

I like Tom and I’m very happy for Alice that things look better for her. What a shock that vision must have been! But Tom has been kind and gentle to her, even saved her from Talbot, and has given her no reason to fear him, so she has no reason not to trust him. If he had wanted to hurt her, he could have done so on plenty occasions.

Loved it again!
TheaJ1 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Loved it! Despite the hopelessness of Alice’s situations, she doesn’t really despair and still thinks of her sister, hoping she is alright.

Talbot got his comeuppance and it’s exactly what he deserved. I’m glad that Alice as safe and well, at least as well as she can possibly be, trapped in an insane asylum.

Very well done and excellently written!
karenec chapter 5 . 9/26/2011
Such a bittersweet ending! Lovely that Alice was able to see her sister into a loving adult life and meet her nephew, Tom. A bit heartbreaking, too.

I love the idea of Alice the gambler - a very fitting disguise, I think!
TheaJ1 chapter 3 . 9/26/2011
I like that Tom makes Alice understand what being immortal will mean. I also like that she just doesn’t brush it off and immediately accepts it but that she struggles with it, as every human being with a conscience would.

I enjoyed Tom’s back story. It makes sense that vampires would hunt that way; a ship lost in a gale is nothing out of the ordinary after all. I love the idea that he was the origin of South American superstitions and legends!
TheaJ1 chapter 4 . 9/26/2011
I feel so sorry for Alice that Tom is gone. He was like a father to her and I wish they had more time together. The letter made me cry both times I read it. At least some good came out of it because Alice’s real father finally got what he deserved! I’m glad she didn’t kill him; that would have been too easy. I’m so happy that Alice was able to save Thia and thus got a part of her family and her past back.
TheaJ1 chapter 5 . 9/26/2011
Hope you don’t mind that I start with the ending rather than the beginning. The prologue is the perfect ending for the story! I’m so happy that things turned out well for Alice and Thia because they deserve some happiness after all they’ve been through.

It’s a lovely gesture of Thia and Joe to name their son after Tom, who was more of a father to Alice than her real father ever could have been. They are both still alive because of them. If he hadn’t changed Alice, she wouldn’t have been there to save her sister.

A wonderful ending for a wonderful story!