Reviews for Stop and Stare
sunnyamazing chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
*sigh* I do love this story very much. It makes me want to hug Castle so much. This really tugged at the heartstrings once again. Actually I don't think my emotions are in check yet, I think they might take all season to gather themselves together once again.

Oh this season has me giddy and worried with excitement! Also I'm so excited that you wrote Castle fic and that you dedicated it to me. Hearts you Bear, hearts you a whole lot.
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I think you wrote Castle's emotions beautifully in this. It makes me want to argue with him about his misplaced guilt. I think you got the way Kate will react right, too (meaning, I think she'll think that way in the show). I wonder if she will point out things Castle needs to be reminded of: (1) he first looked into her case before she asked him not to, (2) without him, they would have never known that Coonan was the one to actually shoot the gun that killed her mother; so even though she doesn't know how was behind it, she knows who committed the actual act, (3) Raglan would have called her whether Castle had been around or not, setting everything else in motion, (4) Lockwood would have escaped prison whether Castle had been around or not. So, ultimately, it's NOT his fault. He TRIED to get her to stop, he tried to pull her back from the rabbit hole. Things with her and her mother's case are BETTER because he's around, not worse. If he hadn't been there, there would have been no one to see the sniper and push her out of the way and she wouldn't have survived.

Wow, this story has really gotten me back on my Castle soapbox. :)
Jewelbe11 chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
You are such a talented writer. I have loved all your Bones fics and now I get to read more stories by you about another of my favorite shows. I'm excited to read more.
jsq chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I really enjoyed the style and rhythm of this one-shot. I'm always a fan of contrasting point of views, and you did that very nicely here. I appreciated Castle blaming himself and the way you contrast that with Beckett having blamed herself in the past. You write Beckett's fog very well. And the ending was perfection.
purplangel chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
This was simply lovely. . . could actually see this happening on the show.
BlindAssassinUK chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
So pleased you tossed your personal rule book out the window. :)

This was a lovely insight into what might happen when Kate wakes up and Castle contemplates what happens next. The whole thing felt very personal...like I was sneaking a look at them without them knowing. That sounds weird, I know, but I can't quite put into words what I mean.

I think your 'take' on the way things might play out may be pretty close to what actually happens on the show. We know he'll be battling with feeling of guilt, and Beckett...I think she'll rally (at least initially) and want him by her side, as always.

This is probably only the third or fourth Castle fic I've read, and it's a good one - so thanks for writing and sharing.

One more thing: is this a one-time-deal, or do we have more to look forward to?
Aliah Rose chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
*crying*

Achingly beautiful. Please add more.
xfcastle chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Great fic!:) love the fact that you're a fellow X-phile who's also

Bones and Castle fan!:) me too! me too!:)

Fantastic one-shot! Thank you!:)
etakkate chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
ha! so jenlovescastle2! great job! i love castle, he's so gorgeous! i wonder if they will do a bones and put off the pairing for another 3 seasons. i would love some more castle from u!
eyrianone chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Hey you! Smiles and waves ! High fives and welcome and this was AWESOME! Nothing wrong in loving the two best shows on tv. Hugs

caro