Reviews for SI Archives Part 1: A New Tomorrow
Adolf chapter 6 . 12/12/2014
i want Hitler and King to fuck
sgt.cds chapter 23 . 10/23/2014
Finally finished the last chapter. This is a great piece of work! It took me a while to finish because I've been re-reading the Axis of Time trilogy. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do. A battle-fleet from 2021 pops into the fleet going to Midway in 1942. The author doesn't just deal with the actual war, but racism, sexism, and the politics of what happened. I can't wait to read the second archive!
sgt.cds chapter 19 . 10/8/2014
Finished chapter 18, and I must wonder why the Germans decided a 100mm should go in the Tiger II instead of the 105 they had thought of originally. Also, why did Shepard decide to put a 95mm in the Raider instead of a 100mm? It could share ammo with the arty and with a longer barrel it could possess a better direct fire anti tank capability (or so I would assume). Also I guess you could get away with this since this is a historical archive from the Allies' point of view, but the K├Ânig Tiger was actually meant to be called the Bengal Tiger in English, not King. Its a commin mixup, and I must say the name is quite fitting anyway. Hmm ze Germans finally have a tank that can be nearly equal to an SI tank, but i'm sure thats about to change soon (unfortunately for the Germans). I doubt the Maus will be seen or at least see production as its slow speed would make it a sitting duck to SI dive bombers, but maybe a more powerful engine could be put into it.. Hmmm. I'm also sure the mighty Jagdtiger will appear soon (my favorite tank destroyer by far), but SI probably will have its way of dealing with it. I'm worried about whats happening in Soviet Russia right now.. Sitting back and taking notes.. Great work!
sgt.cds chapter 18 . 10/8/2014
Sorry if these reviews are getting annoying.. I'm about to read Chapter 18 and i have to ask why did you choose 4 track pods on the Raider tanks? Wouldn't that mean more weight per square inch on groun contact, making the tank more likely to sink into sand/snow/marsh etc., and also more parts to mantain the tanks? Hmm not sure if i missed something to explain this or if Shepard thinks the pros out weigh the cons.. And what do these tanks look like? I always thought of the Scorpion MBT from Halo (four track pods and 90-something mm cannon). This is a great story! Even if it reads like a historical archive (it is named an archive anyway), I've always been interested in WWII and alternate history towards it so this is right up my alley. Great work!
sgt.cds chapter 7 . 9/16/2014
Just finished chapter 7. I'm interested in Germany's response to the LT's. Perhaps quicken development on an armored vehicle that fits the 8.8 cm flak? Maybe Mr. Porsche will get more funding and have a more open audience for his ideas? I guess I'll find out. Anyway, how is Canada resource wise? I don't know much about Canada during WWII, and (at least to me) all of Ms. Shepard's amazing vehicles seem to be eating up resources, especially plans for all these capital sized ships (oh excuse me, destroyers and frigates haha). And i wonder, with Germany beung the most technologically advanced country at the time (if I remember correctly), are any of the scientists (mainly, again, a certian grandfather of the designer for the 911 Porsche) taking notes on these tanks? Maybe designs like the Panther and maybe even the Panzer III/IV will have an earlier appearance? Sorry, I'm rambling, but I find this story very entertaining.
sgt.cds chapter 3 . 9/15/2014
Just finishes the third chapter and I must say this is an amazing story so far! Was there a specific tank that influenced your APC's and LT's? I can't help but to think of a mix between the Hungarian Toldi II and the British Tetrarch. I can't wait to see how to Germans react to this. And what happened to Russia in the Spanish civil war? Weren't they supposed to be supporting the Republicans?
aurak chapter 18 . 6/25/2014
When you wrote about the last run of the Bismark, you mentioned the USAF. According to the date in the section header it was Feb. 1943. At that time it was the United States Army Air Corp, not the US Air Force. RL had the Air Corp becoming the Air Force in Sep. 1947. The only reason I caught that is that I am a military brat and amateur military historian. Even so, I had to check the date for the USAF becoming a separate branch of the US Department of Defence. This is also the second time I have read this story and I didn't catch it the first time. While the SI Archives are a bit dry and plotless, they are intended to be history, background, and tie all the Command and Conquer games in to real history. I do think that this is possibly the most original idea on this entire site.
StarSerpent chapter 21 . 5/7/2014
Reads chapter: F *# YEAH SHEPARD'S (ma, grandma, great grandma?)

Reads AN: ...(salivates at possibilities)...
sp90TANGo chapter 23 . 11/14/2013
i have read the SI archives part 1 -5 and i can say that the story is fantastic

it is so sad that people rarely see this fanfic type

kudos and congratulations.. hope you will continue the series

and can you pm me?
Surprised chapter 23 . 4/29/2012
Your fic reeks of pro-democracy and you seem to think the world is black and white. Besides that your story comes across jumbled.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 23 . 12/12/2011
Epic...can't wait to see what happens next.
Bruto22 chapter 22 . 12/11/2011
nice chapter agian. only thing i worry bout is 1 SI div being to 40 jap div. i think it best fi you only say you got better equip better training etc and not say were 40 times better but several sometimes you are making it seem too op and not realistic . so i think you may want be more vauge in places say several times in stead of 40 . great chapter thou and with all the bashing some guys are complaing bout and they not looked at the world? with SI exsistance more people die but SI propogranda keep that quiet so there saints beacuse SI makesure that what the sheep think.
Nenfaer chapter 22 . 12/11/2011
Hannah forgot something? ts ts... How could that happen? Now you make me think whether you thought of it before my last comment or wrote that part later. But in the end it doesn't matter.

I totally agree on your way of dealing with Israel, it should take one problem out of the way later.

The Battle of the Bulge was interesting too... Those loses there were extreme compared to other battles, but at the same time they slapped down sooo many SS units...

The final days of the Third Reich were exactly as in the reality, except the attack being solely from west. I thought that Soviet would try and grab some land, not just a bunch of scientists, but it would put them against the Allies if they tried to get parts of Poland or Czechoslovakia.

But your invasion into Japan - 8 divisions of SI plus some British and French troops against 100 divisions of brainwashed Japanese? That is going to be slaughter...

We shall see how this goes...
S058 chapter 22 . 12/10/2011
Hell, I'd be surprised if in a few years SI really came under fire for the Orders. Yes, they are being implemented against brutal and more than deserving organizations, but it still is considered a violation of the 3rd Geneva Convention, Part II, Article 13.

In addition, WTF with the Allied leader bashing? Seriously, they weren't exactly saints, but you're making Truman and every other Allied leader out to be a idiot who have to be saved by SI and their "saint" of a leader, Hannah!

Little word to the wise, Newton's 3rd law. Read about it, and take into account the lack of major casualties the SI forces have suffered. And for the record, that means major defeats, tacitically, strategically, politically, take your pick!

SI can't remain this perfect for this bloody long! You're honestly saying that all of the SI troops are perfect saints, who never step out of line, despite doing stuff that I suspect the Gestapo would shirk from doing?

Sorry, this is just so aggravating, how it seems to be perfect for Shep to do whatever she wants with little major consequences!
Mar. Aaron Walker chapter 21 . 12/5/2011
Ecxellent story for an C&C prequel some sort let's just do hope neo-nazi's will fell bad about this and nice real life fact's