Reviews for SI Archives Part 1: A New Tomorrow
Zomvee chapter 23 . 4/22
I looked up what Potlatch was and what i found was that it was a ceremony that involved gift giving and of course destruction of one own property's, this was done to show how wealthy one was over the other and if they couldn't destroy or give more then someone else did then that person "lost" power, that is if it is between two chieftains.
All of this was done within 2hrs of research.
Patton died in a hospital the injuries that resulted in his death was by a car accident.
Wing Omega chapter 5 . 3/25
I wish your ships had appeared in the actual command and conquer games. I would have had a blast running a few of those frigates around to rain on the Soviet parade in Red Alert. Pretty much every family member and ancestor I know of who served in a navy served on a frigate at some point so I have a massive soft spot for them.
Wing Omega chapter 4 . 3/25
Interesting story but Hannah seems a little too unstable to maintain command for much longer. Firing on neutral units because they don't engage your enemies is madness and should get the officer ordering the attack cashiered. And that's not counting the number of civilians who died because her attack led to a mis-aimed counterattack.
Adolf chapter 6 . 12/12/2014
i want Hitler and King to fuck
sgt.cds chapter 23 . 10/23/2014
Finally finished the last chapter. This is a great piece of work! It took me a while to finish because I've been re-reading the Axis of Time trilogy. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do. A battle-fleet from 2021 pops into the fleet going to Midway in 1942. The author doesn't just deal with the actual war, but racism, sexism, and the politics of what happened. I can't wait to read the second archive!
sgt.cds chapter 19 . 10/8/2014
Finished chapter 18, and I must wonder why the Germans decided a 100mm should go in the Tiger II instead of the 105 they had thought of originally. Also, why did Shepard decide to put a 95mm in the Raider instead of a 100mm? It could share ammo with the arty and with a longer barrel it could possess a better direct fire anti tank capability (or so I would assume). Also I guess you could get away with this since this is a historical archive from the Allies' point of view, but the K├Ânig Tiger was actually meant to be called the Bengal Tiger in English, not King. Its a commin mixup, and I must say the name is quite fitting anyway. Hmm ze Germans finally have a tank that can be nearly equal to an SI tank, but i'm sure thats about to change soon (unfortunately for the Germans). I doubt the Maus will be seen or at least see production as its slow speed would make it a sitting duck to SI dive bombers, but maybe a more powerful engine could be put into it.. Hmmm. I'm also sure the mighty Jagdtiger will appear soon (my favorite tank destroyer by far), but SI probably will have its way of dealing with it. I'm worried about whats happening in Soviet Russia right now.. Sitting back and taking notes.. Great work!
sgt.cds chapter 18 . 10/8/2014
Sorry if these reviews are getting annoying.. I'm about to read Chapter 18 and i have to ask why did you choose 4 track pods on the Raider tanks? Wouldn't that mean more weight per square inch on groun contact, making the tank more likely to sink into sand/snow/marsh etc., and also more parts to mantain the tanks? Hmm not sure if i missed something to explain this or if Shepard thinks the pros out weigh the cons.. And what do these tanks look like? I always thought of the Scorpion MBT from Halo (four track pods and 90-something mm cannon). This is a great story! Even if it reads like a historical archive (it is named an archive anyway), I've always been interested in WWII and alternate history towards it so this is right up my alley. Great work!
sgt.cds chapter 7 . 9/16/2014
Just finished chapter 7. I'm interested in Germany's response to the LT's. Perhaps quicken development on an armored vehicle that fits the 8.8 cm flak? Maybe Mr. Porsche will get more funding and have a more open audience for his ideas? I guess I'll find out. Anyway, how is Canada resource wise? I don't know much about Canada during WWII, and (at least to me) all of Ms. Shepard's amazing vehicles seem to be eating up resources, especially plans for all these capital sized ships (oh excuse me, destroyers and frigates haha). And i wonder, with Germany beung the most technologically advanced country at the time (if I remember correctly), are any of the scientists (mainly, again, a certian grandfather of the designer for the 911 Porsche) taking notes on these tanks? Maybe designs like the Panther and maybe even the Panzer III/IV will have an earlier appearance? Sorry, I'm rambling, but I find this story very entertaining.
sgt.cds chapter 3 . 9/15/2014
Just finishes the third chapter and I must say this is an amazing story so far! Was there a specific tank that influenced your APC's and LT's? I can't help but to think of a mix between the Hungarian Toldi II and the British Tetrarch. I can't wait to see how to Germans react to this. And what happened to Russia in the Spanish civil war? Weren't they supposed to be supporting the Republicans?
aurak chapter 18 . 6/25/2014
When you wrote about the last run of the Bismark, you mentioned the USAF. According to the date in the section header it was Feb. 1943. At that time it was the United States Army Air Corp, not the US Air Force. RL had the Air Corp becoming the Air Force in Sep. 1947. The only reason I caught that is that I am a military brat and amateur military historian. Even so, I had to check the date for the USAF becoming a separate branch of the US Department of Defence. This is also the second time I have read this story and I didn't catch it the first time. While the SI Archives are a bit dry and plotless, they are intended to be history, background, and tie all the Command and Conquer games in to real history. I do think that this is possibly the most original idea on this entire site.
StarSerpent chapter 21 . 5/7/2014
Reads chapter: F *# YEAH SHEPARD'S (ma, grandma, great grandma?)

Reads AN: ...(salivates at possibilities)...
sp90TANGo chapter 23 . 11/14/2013
i have read the SI archives part 1 -5 and i can say that the story is fantastic

it is so sad that people rarely see this fanfic type

kudos and congratulations.. hope you will continue the series

and can you pm me?
Surprised chapter 23 . 4/29/2012
Your fic reeks of pro-democracy and you seem to think the world is black and white. Besides that your story comes across jumbled.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 23 . 12/12/2011
Epic...can't wait to see what happens next.
Bruto22 chapter 22 . 12/11/2011
nice chapter agian. only thing i worry bout is 1 SI div being to 40 jap div. i think it best fi you only say you got better equip better training etc and not say were 40 times better but several sometimes you are making it seem too op and not realistic . so i think you may want be more vauge in places say several times in stead of 40 . great chapter thou and with all the bashing some guys are complaing bout and they not looked at the world? with SI exsistance more people die but SI propogranda keep that quiet so there saints beacuse SI makesure that what the sheep think.