Reviews for My Stupid Reality
Mello is the seme...always...always
Sayu's math HW on Chapter 2 is actually impossible. Lol. Anyway, I love this story...
FOXFACE4444 chapter 7 . 1/27
Amazing story! Please update.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/21/2014
uwaaaa that whole matt soliloquy at the end! 'i don't want to be L cuz that's who you wanna be' the feels! shucks my kokoro TT_TT
AmmyChey3X chapter 7 . 10/14/2014
The moment I started reading this story, I loved it! :D
I love everyone's thoughts and perspectives here, and all of the snarky humour as well. The Matt x Mello pairing is a great addition to the story also - I wonder how Light will react when he realizes there are two other players in the game, both on L's side? :D And will Near be in the fic soon as well?
I also liked how you added Ryuk and Rem into the story, that was a nice touch. :)
And poor Watari, having to deal with three geniuses by himself!
I noticed that this hasn't updated in 2 years, but I'm hoping that you'll post a new chapter one day soon! :D Please please PLEASE do!
jessyvaga chapter 6 . 5/11/2014
Why am I not at your school! half the people at my school don't even know what anime is! the few that do are in grades below me. Ugh! life is unfair. On a different note...I love the story! I love stories where L is super Light-obsessed. It just makes the romance better later in the story. I love how Light is smart enough to evade L, but I would like for them to meet eventually...well I hope you update soon! I can't wait!
5th Dimension chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Who is the narrator? The next chapter makes it seem as if it is Light. This chapter inconsistently jumps from third to first person in the first paragraph after the time jump.

As for the concept... meh. It's kind of ruined by the awkward phrasing.

For examples: "The key lies in, like all things, strategy." By changing it to "Like all things, the key lies in strategy," you get rid of an unnecessary pause, make it sound smoother, and give it more coherency.

"The answer is a letter. The 12th letter of the alphabet to be exact." This is the sort of thing that probably sounds cool in your head, but comes off as unnecessarily convoluted and ultimately pointless. "The answer is L" would work much better. Or, if you really want to try and use that phrase: "The answer is a letter, the twelfth letter of the alphabet." No need for the hanging "to be exact" or two separate sentences. Less is more.

"Why would it be so awful to work for L that I'm acting stupid." This is a question. It should have a question mark, even if it is a response to a hypothetical that L made up to exposit to the audience.

"I've notice an inconsistency in this story." This sounds like you, the author is speaking, not Light. It sounds like you, the author, thought about it, and then decided you needed to fix a hole you found. A better transition might have been "If you're smart, you may have realize that it might have looked suspicious if I suddenly lost all of my intelligence when I turned twelve. I have an explanation." And even then, it kind of sounds awkward. The message that you're trying to convey with this is a difficult one to articulate, but I do think it's worth it to help fill your plot hole.

Your commas are placed in strange spots. What would help is if you read your work aloud. It may sound silly, but it will give you the ability to write something that sounds more natural, simply because you'll hear when something doesn't sound right. Ideally, you want to sound like you're holding a conversation, since it helps to be able to speak with an audience than to them.
Mad Girl With A Keyboard chapter 7 . 4/10/2014
Mello tops usually... Who will top? L or Light?
I preffer Light :).
Awesome fic. So funny, yet it needs a bit more romance.
13 Hella S chapter 7 . 9/8/2013
Well either Matt or Mello could top but in this fic Matt would be better bottom with his personality/attitude in his love-situation hope that helps. Will you be continuing? I hope so, you got me hooked on this!
cutiecat92 chapter 7 . 7/22/2013
well there IS not common seme in a Mello/Matt couple; its all preference. But with this ff I think Matt would be best to bottom since it seems to go with his current personality.
Same with Light; totally bottom it this story since L is a obviously very controlling dominant.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/4/2013
L usually tops, and I really like where your going with this and I know its been over a year since you updated but please continue?
jclark775 chapter 7 . 6/8/2013
That's unfortunate! I want you to know I loved your story! It was mind-blowingly amazing! I know its been over a year since your last update and that you're probably busy, but can you please start updating again sometime? I would love to know what happens next!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
Er, actually the first emperor of Rome was Augustus, wasn't it?
TEAM SasuNaruHina chapter 7 . 2/11/2013
contuie
duhorcommonsense chapter 7 . 2/5/2013
light has probably fled the cope...if not then L will have the object of his obession; now THAT always ends well.