Reviews for Lie to Me
LRyuzaki24 chapter 14 . 8/15
*wail and cry* THIS IS SO FUCKIN SAD MAKE A SEQUEL FOR THE ALTERNATE ENDING AUTHOR - CHAN!
LRyuzaki24 chapter 7 . 8/15
OMFG...IZAYA'S CAN STILL PULL HIS V CARD?! HOLY SHIT!
FioraLee Yue chapter 14 . 2/29
This is honestly so good. I really enjoyed how you portray Izaya and Shizuo's interactions, I truly enjoyed their exchanges, their dialogues, and the fact that this is a story of romance genre with Angst but it does not feel emotionally taxing to read this unlike most angst-filled story. I like how you didn't drag things too that also helped make this story an exciting read with a lot of happenings to look forward to every time things take a turn. Your Izaya characterization is also good, I appreciate his bravery of returning Shizuo's memories despite everything. He's a coward and yet he did that, he did something not for himself, sincerely, although he's the cause of Shizuo's memory loss in the first place.

But both endings greatly, utterly disappoint me.
Chapter 13 was very anti-climatic, and the overall tone of the chapter is just unlike the rest of the previous chapters. Shizuo wasn't quite himself since he lost his memories yeah, but I feel that he was much more "himself" when he lost his memories than that huge leapt of lying that "he went to Izaya to take some stuff back," talking to Izaya, strangling him, and then leaving him in the end. It was the farthest he was from "himself." And Shizuo's reasoning of not associating himself with Izaya is just too far-off because "trying to not associate himself to Izaya" is what he's been doing all these years, and it's not like it ever worked.

He believed in Izaya's feelings to be genuine and yet he doesn't, couldn't, believe in his own. Not enough to make him stay, anyway.
Again, I felt that in his loss-memory state, Shizuo is more himself.

And the second ending, well... let's just say it's just not plausible, in my opinion. I really like the trope of "time leapt," "several years later," and whatnot but starting over in such a manner is just. Wasteful.
And with that much history between them, I doubt 100 years would put the past behind and actually start anew. It's almost like they don't accept their past as their own and their exchange felt so strained. stiff. cliché. and not in a good, awkward cute kind of way.

I hope that you don't take this review as me discrediting your interpretation/portrayal of the characters. It's merely my personal heartfelt expression of my disappointment and everything is merely opinion.

Thank you, still, for chapter 1-12. I really enioyed those.
Ritsu0593 chapter 14 . 8/22/2015
OMG! This is great! It has been three week since I had begun read Durarara! fanfic and this is the best story so far. Actually, I'm not a fan for angts story but it's not that I hate it. You pick my interest to continue read it eventhough I have already known the genre.
And I like your way to put flashback. It gives more imagination to describe the characters feeling. I am a newbie author in fanfiction world but for another anime. I think I can learn a lot of thing about writing from your story.
Thank you and sorry for my mess up language.
N Harmonic chapter 14 . 7/28/2015
OK! I forgive you! That was a cute ending! Keep on keeping on!
N Harmonic chapter 13 . 7/28/2015
Wow. This was the real ending? Would you of done a sequel or would this of been really it? Such a passionate love going down the drain...
anon chapter 14 . 5/29/2015
I read the comments before I typed my own.. and theSardonyx already wrote everything I want to write, haha.
Maybe I'm just a mainstream shizaya fans who expected a mainstream shizaya's ending.. but both choices, I don't think it's good enough. Sorry.

For chapter 1 till 12... It's excellent, thank you. I'm looking forward for the next drrr fic :)
theSardonyx chapter 14 . 4/29/2015
Somehow, I find that I am not satisfied with any of the endings. If I could pick one, I'd say you wrote the tragedy ending better though.

Don't get me wrong; tragedy and angst is what I write best so it really isn't an issue of sad ending vs happy ending. It's just that your happy ending was almost forced and the sad ending somehow didn't fit well with my interpretation of the characters based on your characterization. I'm not exactly sure how I'd want the ending to be like, but these endings I've been given just didn't sit too well with me.

With that said, I like how you wrote Shizuo and Izaya. I like your characterization too, and perhaps that was the one thing about this story that I really took to heart. Pacing is also fine and narration is superb. I like the way you put in the flashbacks too. Overall, a good piece of work.

Write on.!
Yuna
Miss Emotion chapter 14 . 4/2/2015
And I'm crying again... This was a really touching and beautiful story. It was a slow romance which made my heart speed up along with the characters. I love this story. The way you write is very captivating too and you truly made me feel. And I think the purpose of any form of art is to make someone feel, so *smile* thank you for taking me on this emotional roller coaster.
Miss Emotion chapter 13 . 4/2/2015
I'm crying... I can't stop crying. Izaya...
KOWritesIt chapter 13 . 9/29/2014
You did amazing on this fanfic!
KOWritesIt chapter 14 . 9/29/2014
I like both endings but i like this one better.I am a sucker for happy endings because sad endings are too real.
KOWritesIt chapter 5 . 9/28/2014
I really hate how Shizuo just talked down to the dog...I get why you wrote it because he is that kind of way to humans but I can't see him doing that to a this is not my story so I am not telling you how to run it.I will continue reading this!I like it so far and I don't want a single thing to change!
Guest chapter 14 . 7/24/2014
Mmmmm
Lilypad125 chapter 14 . 5/22/2014
Waaaah! This is so adorable! I thought this might be like the others but this one turned out to be so awesome! I love how you went over Izaya's feelings!