Reviews for Behind Closed Doors
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 1 . 1/17
This really is a horrific background for the poor boy, isn't it? I might be completely canon/fandom blind, but even I can see that...if he is thought to be as popular and rich as you describe in your summary, then it really is a case of a split between the public and the private.

I found the beginning of this really intriguing - for some reason, I was convinced it was the boy who was being beaten, not his mother, which meant the end of the first paragraph was a real twist... ;)

The scene with the little boy doing what he can for his mother and then curling up beside her on the floor is just spine-chilling, because we know, as adult readers, that she's dead, but he doesn't...that realisation, that 'she wasn't...breathing and that worried the little boy a lot', really tugged at my's so simple, but so revealing all at once...

And then how he compares what happens around him to what he's told is a nice touch too - the bit about the grown men crying even though he's been told that boys don't cry and so on. It proves he's a little boy learning about his world, however horrific his situation may be...

I'll try to read more of this soon, it's been well-written :)
Puck33 chapter 3 . 1/14
It's getting harder for me to understand this without knowing the fandom. Who is Cell? What are the Cell Games?

Even though I'm not completely sure what's going on, I definitely still love your characters Stapler and Sharpener. They are believable for sure.

Does everyone in this fandom have the names of office supplies? Kind of odd.

It's so sad when he is talking to his mom :(

Wait, I thought that Mrs. Morris died?

The part about the fight at school was my favorite part.

Well done as always, Fee.

TTFN, Puck
Puck33 chapter 2 . 1/11
I. Freaking. Hate. Clip.

How much of this is canon? I'm so blind, but I'm having no trouble getting through this... It feels almost like it could be completely original.

Poor Sharpener, his protectiveness over Stapler is so sweet.

Your characters are so believable!

Will be reading more. TTFN!

Puck33 chapter 1 . 1/11
Utterly and completely canon blind.

Fee, I can't tell you how much this one chapter made me FEEL. And honestly, I am not an emotional person. But this...this is so sad. And so real. Very well written. That said, I have spotted a few (very) minor SPaG mechanics errors with commas. PM me if you want more detail on those, but honestly I didn't mind them much because this was so well written.

Thank you for writing this! I'll read more when I have time !

Persephone99 chapter 11 . 1/21/2012
Very moving. Thank you for posting!
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 11 . 11/14/2011
This is a sad alternate storyline to your main story. It was nice to see Vegeta take down that creep. Nice work with the writing. Great work with this story.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 10 . 11/14/2011
This is such a beautiful ending, especially now that he's visiting his mother's grave to tell her all about his life. So cute with pairing him with Erasa. This is a fantastic story.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 9 . 11/14/2011
Such an intense chapter. The part where little Stapler is giving her testimony is so sad. The part about Stapler's mother's rape is a sad moment too. You really brought those stories to life. This is an incredibly sad chapter and well written. Nice job.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 8 . 11/14/2011
What's going to happen to Sharpener now? That's a horrible way for Videl to find out. I wonder if she'll calm down once she knows the truth. Good work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 7 . 11/14/2011
You've done some amazing work with this chapter. It was interesting reading how Gohan was telling Sharpener all about his life. To any normal person it would sound farfetched.

I like how you included Videl's history in this story as well. You managed to make Hercule not look so bad since he took Gohan's glory to make a better life for his daughter. Also, nice job with showing why Videl became friends with Gohan.

It's nice to see that Bulma and Chichi are not going to let the kids return to that awful man. I dare him to try and do anything to Sharpener while Gohan is around.

Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 6 . 11/14/2011
Oh my gosh, this is one intense chapter. I really, really hate Clip right now. He hit a little girl and threw her into glass. The bastard got what he deserved when Piccolo hit him. See how he likes it.

Okay, ranting aside, this is a great chapter. It's nice how you brought Piccolo into the story by having him intervene at the right moment.

Good work with having Gohan figure out about Sharpener's father. Now that everything makes sense to him he can help his friend through this.

Nice work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 5 . 11/14/2011
Great chapter. It's interesting that in your story Sharpener and Gohan are friends. Seeing as how his jealousy towards Videl's affection for Gohan was the one thing that kept him from liking Gohan in the first place, it's quite possible they can be friends now.

Aww, the Gohan/Videl bits are sweet. It's cute how she notices Gohan's disappearances right away but never Sharpie's.

The last part is intense. Nice work with the image of Stapler clinging to her brother.

Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 4 . 11/14/2011
Another wonderful chapter. It's so sad that Sharpener's life has to be so hard because of his jerk of a father. It's sweet that Sharpener is going through all of this in order to protect his sister. Hopefully he won't get caught for selling drugs.

The part about him making the baseball team and the celebrations are cute. It's good to see that there are a few good things in his life. Nice work with adding in the Yamcha baseball reference-it makes for some comic relief in an otherwise serious story.

Nice work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 3 . 11/14/2011
It's sad that Mrs. Morris died for a while, but luckily she was revived. Too bad Clip is making his kids help with his crime life. I do hope he'll be able to escape from that life.

The scene at the end with the three friends is nice. You did a great job with keeping Videl in character. It seems that she would be angry at people only wanting to be her friend now that her dad is a celebrity. It was great seeing the two of them standing up for Erasa. It's nice to see how protective Sharpener is of his friends.

Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 2 . 11/14/2011
Oh wow, he now has to take care of a baby. Clip is just awful. I hope when Sharpener becomes as strong as he is when he gets older that he will put that man in his place. It's even worse that he's raising a kid in that environment then wanted to kill the adorable baby. I really hopes he gets what he deserves.

Sharpener is such a sweet big brother to the baby. Mrs. Morris is such a likeable character. She should just go ahead and adopt both Sharpener and Stapler. Again, nice job with showing the kind side of this character who rarely gets any attention from fans.

Wonderful work with this chapter.