Reviews for if you held me forever
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
awesome
aesthetic promises chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
i kinda adore the ending. i love what you did with mordred there. overall, fantastic story.
D0ll chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
*clpas* Billiant! Bravo! So beautiful!

I always loved Armor for years when Mists of Avalon mini series came in TV years and years ago. Theres something about them together star crossed forbidden lovers wih a trajic ending that I just love and I just love your fic.
Siren Call chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
I loved how this tied to the legend with them having their son Mordred. And Arthur/Morgana being siblings never stopped me from shipping them. Their chemistry is anything but sibling-like.
Galloway chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
I’ve been holding off on this review for almost a week now, trying to figure out just why I find this story so spectacular, and I think I’ve got it: it’s all the things the story doesn’t say.

The entire time I was reading I was bombarded with all the things that must have happened between the current episodes and this story, filled in not only with my knowledge of the series and the characters, but too the Arthurian legends themselves. It screamed to me of the possibilities. It made me want to write.

And it’s not just that this is a future-fic, but the imagery, and the language — oh, the language! “She watches one gloved hand creep towards it, fingers seeking and recoiling as they do not find.” “...and sees behind her eyelids the graceful broken curve of Mordred’s body as he arced to the ground, life shattered by the terrible and magnificent power of Merlin.” Wondrous.

This story is a gift. Thank you for it.
cumberpheasant chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Damn, I haven't read Merlin fic in *years*. I basically watched the episode where Morgana and Arthur were found out to be siblings and then I just quit the whole thing and lived happily ever after in denial. Ugh, show, why do you make the worst decisions...

Hah, sorry, I've a lot of feelings about this show and about these two people and the amount of wasted potential. This was a lovely piece that very clearly high lighted just how great they could've been and just how frustrating and sorrowful it is that this is the way it's gone. It's honest and doesn't pull punches and just utterly beautiful.
SoTrueYes chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I ship Morgana and Arthur even if they are brother and sister

I hope the things between the two of them in your story will happen for real in season 4 lol.
TheLadyLeFay chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Wow this was great! I love Arthur and Morgana and loved this! THe scene between them was so bitter sweet and i loved the comparison to the old morgana running and helping but how now she just watches. I also loved the bit about the Pendragon symbol against them, and how at the end she takes his tunic and wears it when she leaves! I also really liked how you added the last bit from Merlin's view and i completely agree with your comment about Arthur loving too much. I really do think in the legend, and even in the show, that is his biggest downfall. I also thought the idea of the show's Mordred dying, but being the namesake for their child was a great way of making it more like the legend! Wonderful story! Xx
storry-eyed chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
I have chills running up and down my spine. That was hauntingly beautiful, and truth be told it brought tears to my eyes. The metaphor with the breastplate and Morgana wearing his tunic and ohhh that was gorgeous. Thank you for this story.

Lynne
Foxie Roxie chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
This was amazing, so so good. I've always shipped Arthur/Morgana, and the revelation that they're brother and sister hasn't stopped me lol. There's not enough A/M out there, so I'd love to read more from you x
xKrysx chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Oh my gosh. This is brilliant. I am reeling from the epicness of the entire piece. I absolutely adore this, but I adore you more. The way you wrote this is genuinely one of the best ArMor pieces I've read in a long, long time, and I do enjoy the tragic beauty of them. That, and I enjoyed the way you portrayed Merlin.

It's going onto my favourites list, that's for sure. (:
The-Lady-Aphrodite chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This was really good. I hate the fact that I ship incest but the chemistry is just waaaay too strong! ;) Thanks for writing it; I really enjoyed reading this :)
EvelynSera chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
omg this is amazing honestly I have no words it's all one big, beautiful, gorgeous ArMor treat :D
on rooftops chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
HOW? I just. HOW?

This is so incredibly believable. I could see every single moment, and I honestly believed that Morgana loved Arthur and that Arthur loved Morgana-despite everything, and for them, everything is a lot-and not one moment of this story seemed at all out of character, which is just amazing. I love that you set this in the future (for the show); that it's after the whole Gwen/Lancelot thing (and the way Arthur reacts to that, God, I could just /see/ him) and that Arthur and Morgana have such a devastating history and such a devastating future and they both know it, they're aware of it and it sort of drives the encounter, rather than prevents it. Every word of this piece is gorgeous, and it just seemed to breathe, all on its own. Morgana's point-of-view in the beginning is perfectly executed, and Merlin's at the end is so in character and insightful that it makes me want to go back and rewatch every single episode of the show like twenty times. I adore the ending. I think it's perfect and tragic but also somehow hopeful (even though it probably shouldn't be).

I hope this review makes sense but in the likely event that it doesn't: this was perfection.