Reviews for Honor the Past
ScreamingSeeker chapter 5 . 10/27/2016
I'm really enjoying this story! I haven't come across any other decent-length fics that address Meta-Knight's resemblance to Kirby (i.e. that he's adorable and doesn't look very old) or the possibility that he has the same powers. I also appreciate your attention to grammar and spelling, since that's a woefully rare thing on this site. It's a shame that this story hasn't been updated in a while, though. Do you plan on continuing this fic?
sadistical chapter 11 . 2/8/2015
This is such an amazing story! I love how you took on a different yet bold route to this plot. I was a bit startled at first when you killed off Kirby so early on, but I continued to read and I'm very glad I did so. The characterization is brilliant and how you handle Meta Knight (or should I say, Mety's) inner turmoil is very interesting. I look forward to reading more of your work!
greenone15 chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
When are you going to finish this? Or are you giving up on it all together? Really, it's the only story to have used the idea of Meta Knight being Hoshi no Kaabii while lightly dancing upon the MetaKnightmare Theory ( theorizing that Meta Knight is a demon beast despite the fact that the title is from the wrong game). It was very intriguing to say the least as Sir Arthur was to blame for Meta Knight's fear of being exposed.

Then you completely filled it on its head by saying that nothing mattered anymore as it was all in the past. It is also the first story I have read to kill off Kirby before the story even began. I also feel as if many people are quite aggregated by so many stories of the masked knight, making and using the same plot devices over and over again. You, however, made something that no one wants to copy simply because they do not want to be labeled a ' copy cat' or to preserve the originality of the plot.

Either way, I find this story to be realistic as it felt like your own thoughts were included then transferred to each characters in their eyes or the way they would react or think of such thoughts based upon their personality and behavior.

Truly, I wish I could read this masterpiece from start to finish. Then again, it is up to you to decide where this story goes.

P to the S: Thank you if you took the time read this. I would greatly appreciate it if you would respond. XD
shadow kirby 56 chapter 10 . 11/4/2014
Oh my gosh this story! Please update it maybe?

I think that the "Arther" there is actually a creation of Dark Matter, trying to throw Mety off. Is he?

Oh Galactic Knight. Appears in the weirdest places.

Anyway I really like this so far. Bye!
kabri3593 chapter 8 . 10/19/2014
Can someone please explain what happened to Marx,when he tried to take Zeros power?
kabri3593 chapter 3 . 10/8/2014
Can someone,or the author please explain Metaknights reaction(s)?I don't fully understand dies he have split personality syndrome or something,or has he been in denial his whole life?Also Ilike the concept you used for me of another story on it out,its called Shades of Grey.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
So this is what happened after Zero died on Ragnarok?
LOL
Talia WolfFang chapter 9 . 2/5/2013
I absolutely love this story, it's woven to be believable and the scenes are written so well. I love the gradual change of personality in Meta Knight, and how it's told. The story gave a very clear image of what was going on, and the action scenes and dialog were wonderful as well. The plot is amazing. Just one thing, in the last sentence in chapter nine, there is a mistake.

"For now, he got a galaxy to prepare against the onslaught of the NME."

"he got a galaxy" should be "he has a galaxy", I believe.

But really, this is such a well written story, one of the best in the Kirby fandom. I'll be waiting patiently for more! :D
Prototron MJ Tornada chapter 10 . 11/2/2012
Boy! Sir Arthur is certainly being a jerk! (I spray paint on Arthur's walls "STOP BEING A JERK TO METY!") I do like this Update a lot.
kitzykat chapter 9 . 10/17/2012
"-more than everyone had expected but he remained fundamentally, well, Meta Knight. As such, he had a fundamental mental weakness and one that both he and the master knew of."

repetition of the word "fundamental"

just wanted
StarlightDEactivated chapter 9 . 10/16/2012
oh man, it's been god nows how long, I hardly even remember what happened previously XD

poor Mety, some father figure he seems to be. I think he's a phony
Mcpetikas chapter 8 . 6/21/2012
So, Mety kills Marx, then Marx gets tricked into becoming nothing and trades places with Zero/Kirby. Then Zero goes into the next phase of his plan? Really? His plan? Zero is evil but Kirby was good? And he has a plan? I probably didn't get this strait, but please, end this by chapter 10. I love and follow this story, but it needs to wrap up.
warpy chapter 5 . 1/24/2012
This is a collective review for all the previous chapters up to this one.

Well played, this twist is what makes your idea so original-rather than playing the "Meta Knight is a demon beast" theory straight, you went ahead by creating your own version of it-making it (not surprisingly) AU, but you succeeded.

I usually don't mix with AU, but this is the only story that I can completely agree with and stand with a full 100 percent: and that really says a lot.

A lot of people have said this already, but the Trollbot has got to be the best fanmade demon beast I've ever seen in my life.

Despite its silliness, which caught me off guard the first time I read this in October 2011, you still managed to pull off an almost flawless battle scene, which flowed so naturally and read so smoothly.

Just another little thing that made me smile: the 'Kirby Knight!' detail in the beginning of the true third chapter was downright cute. I've imagined the same exact thing once, and it's just perfectly in character with what Kirby would do.

On grammar and stuff like that: this fic's narration is in present tense (as in 'He is' instead of 'He was'). Although this is consistent, it detracts from the narration and makes it slightly less powerful. Mind you, it still works, and it'd be a pain to go through everything to revise that, but it seems to flow even better in past tense.

Also, when you list the names of multiple characters at once, they go in reverse alphabetical order. For instance, it sounds better when you write 'Sword and Blade' instead of 'Blade and Sword'.

TL;DR: For various reasons, I /really/ love this story.
warpy chapter 2 . 1/24/2012
This is one of the most well-written stories of all time ever submitted into the Kirby archive.

And I don't say that lightly.

I've already read this story many times, but I'm going through it again and reviewing each key event as a token of appreciation towards you, the author, and to let you know how much I enjoyed reading this story.

There are a few minor spelling errors in the first two chapters (the first, if you count these two as one for the prologue), such as 'desesperate' instead of 'desperate'.

The one thing that stood out the most was this line:

"It then dawned upon him that he was crying."

You managed to create such an emotional scene, with Meta Knight, at that, grieving over Kirby-and yet still had it in character. This scene just blew my mind. It's written better than any Kirby fic written specifically for tear jerking, better than anything written to induce sadness...and what makes it better is that /nothing/ is too melodramatic in that scene.

Update this story as soon as you can. I want to see more of this masterpiece.
Furandoru Sukaretto chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
i hope marx doesn't get killed... ;(