Reviews for The Hufflepuff
Summer Leigh Wind chapter 1 . 1/6
This is a really entrapping beginning. I like how you started with the funeral and slowly fleshed out Hannah's characters as we actually don't know that much about her. I enjoyed reading about her resolve to not go back to school and instead get a job so she could help her father.

I'm curious to see what you'll do with her mother's murder and if Hannah might try and investigate it herself.
Lily Evans Potter Black Lupin chapter 3 . 2/3/2014
Oh my I'm intrigued by what hannah will find out!
Lokken.8 chapter 3 . 8/10/2013
I have somehow missed this little detective story while going through your work. It is excellent, as usual. Are you planning on letting Hannah find out truth in some other story? Or have you already done that and I just missed it?
Thanks for a good read!
llimbus chapter 3 . 7/20/2013
Ah, I love your writing... but I don't think there's anything new I can tell you! Well, you've done great characterizations. Again. And you've made a great plot. Again.
I must say that I liked the open ending to it all.

You should really write a similar story about Susan Bones.
Lady Ayami chapter 3 . 5/8/2013
Please tell me there is a sequel or something...I loved it. I really enjoy reading things that people don't normally do, like stories on Hufflepuffs!
Lady Ayami chapter 2 . 5/6/2013
Yes. I'm glad to see that Camelia is back!
Olivia chapter 3 . 7/10/2012
Great story! I love the appreciation for Hufflepuff. Loyalty and hard work seem to be so undervalued in the Hogwarts world...

I really like how you ended this story on an unfinished but hopeful note. Will this story line ever be resolved in another one of your stories? Does Parkinson get pinned for murder?
ladymblack chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
I decided to read all of your work, chronologically. As always, this was well done and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
Hippothestrowl chapter 3 . 2/19/2012
I was thinking this could not possibly finish in three chapters and... I'm half-right. The end feels like it was rounded off in a hurry. That apart, it's well-written and enjoyable. It could be argued that it's not fully a Harry Potter story - no magic apart from one stupefy and none of the interaction with the other kids. It feels more like Miss Marple or something.

I'm not sure but I think it fits canon. As I recall she took extended leave from Hogwarts after her mother was killed but she does go back there. The connection with the Leaky Cauldron ties in with post-fiction canon and Neville.

Good short story anyway. Thanks.
Hippothestrowl chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I'd just about given up my search for something worth reading then I found this.

It's well-written and well-balanced. It's easy to read and clear to understand. It makes sense and I saw no errors of grammar, spelling, syntax, characterisation, or conflict with the original fiction. It's interesting, promising, and it feels right. I can't fault it. Don't you know you're supposed to write formulaic, teen-romance by numbers, unbelievable, shallow, immature stuff set in another universe because the original fiction is hated by everyone? Now I've got to come back and read the other chapters. ;)

Seriously - good. Thanks for this. :)
aalens chapter 3 . 1/28/2012
Oh no! No final, completely wrap it up, chapter? Not that it really needs one of course, but it would be nice, despite being more 'literary' to end it when you did. LOL

Thanks again for another engaging fic.
AurorWombat chapter 3 . 11/17/2011
Hannah is little more than a name in canon, but you really manage to bring her character to life in your story. Well done. :-D I can easily see, how she could be someone Neville would fall for later on.

This story is really great – although there are still a few unanswered questions, isn’t there: What was really going on with this Chelsea Boyle-person? And who killed Hannah’s mother – and why? – Questions to be answered in another story, I reckon? :-)
AurorWombat chapter 2 . 11/17/2011
Of course Hannah, being a daughter, would want to find out what happened to her mother – and of course, being a DA-member, a little danger wasn’t going to stop her. A hag, a werewolf and a vampire! No surprise Mrs Weasley never allowed her children to go down Knockturn Alley!
AurorWombat chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Poor Hannah – losing a parent at such a young age is always very hard. She does seem to be a real Hufflepuff – leaving school to work and take care of her dad. And why do I have a feeling she’s not going to follow Auror Webb’s advice?
potternut190 chapter 3 . 10/10/2011
Great story. If I'm reading the icons correctly this story is complete. I take it the mystery of who killed Hannah's mum will be solved in one of your other stories?