Reviews for To Be Loved Is Not to Love
antlan87 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Oh wow. Been awhile since I saw one of your stories here, I thought you stopped writing for this game. Gotta catch up.
Salnar chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Wonderfully written. It renews my love for Lillet x Amoretta everytime I read this again and again.
Nolrai chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
THis is very touching.
deathcurse chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Gaff’s inability to admit that he likes Lillet was cute D.

I like how you’ve devoted a fic to actually talking about the nature of Amoretta’s being and how love ties into that. It raises and addresses some of the questions of how/why/in what way Lillet’s love for Amoretta ties Amoretta to her, and also touches the delicate issue that’s unspoken: just what keeps Amoretta and Lillet from breaking up? Does the fact that Lillet knows that Amoretta needs love to survive factor in? Is Amoretta’s need for a source of love objective and separate from Amoretta’s own feelings towards that source? The answer to the issue is, as I see it, nothing but the fact that like any young couple, they’re in love with each other.

(Of course, people in love break up all the time, but in this case they’re unlikely to break up over anything less than falling out of love with each other, methinks).

Seeing Gaff worry about Lillet’s heart being broken is sweet, and it does show that although he likes Amoretta, if forced to pick a side he’d clearly pick Lillet’s—and I doubt that either Gaff or Lillet are truly aware of just how much Gaff cares about Lillet _.

I like too how Amoretta is getting good at picking up double-entendres and such; it implies that she wasn't good at it before, which makes sense according to her "age" and her inexperience with life, but the fact that she gets them now shows how intelligent she is ).

You know, now that you’ve set up the possibility that Lillet and Amoretta’s love has nothing to it but normal people’s feelings, I can’t help but have my mind go to the “what if” story idea of those two actually breaking up, right? P

...and you know, I've had terrible thoughts now linking this fic to "King in the Mountain"...what if Amoretta's forthcoming remarks about her true nature and her relationship with Lillet may have let her to be targeted by jealous Royal Magicians in "King"? O_O Gaff even tells Amoretta that it may be a bad idea for her to be giving away her secrets like that!
Stray Sentinel chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
I never can decide which of the couples you write about is my favorite, but I really love the dynamic between Lillet and Amoretta. They're sweet without being unrealistically so, and it's quite enjoyable to see the different ways they interact.
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Aww... such a cute story! I really like how you explore some of these deeper questions. )