Reviews for Wintereign
OutToGarden chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
Wowwww. This was truly brilliant...i'm honestly in awe right now. Incredibly vivid and gorgeous imagery and just everything fit together so perfectly. So sad though :(
colour-pencills-kity chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I have absolutely no words for this story. I just...this is going to sound so cliche but I think you just broke my soul in like a bajillion ways. I was absolutely hooked by the second paragraph and the writing... the WRITING was absolutely perfect, beyond perfect. Reading the entire story was just so...I have no words. I was so happy and excited... and then I hit the end and I just about died. You have completely killed me with your story. Never EVER stop writing.
-Colorpencil Kity
muShIii chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
And once more I fell in love with a story
Wurstlover178 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
:I ... Do not be discouraged by my silence. It's not normal for me here, but this fic just had that effect on me. I read this last night since I couldn't sleep (I happened to be browsing your profile) and came by this.

So glad I read it!

It was touching, romantic- (BLARGH! LACK OF BETTER WORDS!) Everything anyone would love in a fic for these two! You had me caught on this story from the first paragraph. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop!

And then the ending- D': I don't usually cry, but that... That ending brought forth a lot of tears. Honestly, I had to go back and reread that last part before saying, "NOOOOO! Iggy, where'd you go?!"

Not only was it captivating and meaningful, the smut was good too. (*is a proud yaoi perv*) But I digress. This was sooooo worth the read, and I can't wait to see what else you got in this wonderful collection of stories! :3
Cookie the Platypus chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
I have a couple things to say. First: Your writing style is excellent. I’m sorry, but I love the way people describe SURROUNDINGS and not just how people feel or how they react. It’s like poetry. A picture is worth a thousand words, and often by describing the surroundings can you tell what a character is feeling. This was especially true in paragraph 3, where you not only experimented with words, but painted them into our minds. You made us FEEL them, not just watch it happen. I have to say, that’s what makes a great author.

Another thing I liked about this story: the realism. (Unfortunately, I don’t think Alfred would care about such deep, meaningful things in his 19s... But that’s an opinion, you don’t need to worry about that.) Every part seemed so TRUE. You explained how Alfred saw things differently after he met Arthur, and that’s a trait that we have as human beings. Like how we hate everything when we feel depressed. I enjoyed it.

Then there’s the hit to reality. I absolutely LOVED the transition to it. It’s incredibly realistic. How when you space out, your thinking of something... Then the school bell’s shrill ring interrupts you, or a friend tries to snap you out of it. It doesn’t wait until the end of a sentence, but happens suddenly. It was perfect.

Now... Why did everybody think this was so depressing? I found it hopeful. I found it inspiring. Think about it: Have you ever dreamed about a “perfect life”? And I don’t mean you win the lottery and have a mansion. I mean your DREAM. Your dream job, your dream lover, your dream story... Everybody has a dream that they want to accomplish. Think of it this way: imagine a child wanting a poodle for Christmas. They will daydream about that future poodle whether the parent says yes or no to having one. That childish creation of a fake future is not so different than what we do in real life! Frankly, I want to be an author, and I won’t deny to imagining my non-existent books on the shelves at the bookstore. It gives me hope. It gives me a purpose. I want to reach that future, so I'll continue working towards it! I bet you do the same thing without even realizing it!

The ending broke your heart? It made mine swell. As long as Alfred still believes in the future with Arthur in it, I will believe that I can accomplish my dream too.

Is that what you were trying to accomplish, FanSlewFantasy-san? Probably not, but thank you anyways. Your story has a deep, happy meaning. And I love it.
trishhak chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
WHY WOULD YOU WRITE SUCH A THING
no but srsly i cried through basically the whole damn thing i can't take this anymore /dies
phoenixphlight chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Hmmm. I'm not sure if I like this. The ending is good but I had to read the entire fic a few times to understand the story. I think it would have been better and clearer if you had started with the italicized text.
Awkwardly Twisted Rainbows chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Well, I can't say i get it completely but I don't have to to know that that was an amzing story man. That has to be one of the best storys I have ever read and it's not even 10,000 words long! You're just awesome man. If you could like explain exactly what happened I garuntee i would love it even more. :D
Bai-Marionette chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This was totally freaking awesome! :D I love line, 'My name is Micheal...' DX BURN.

And it always seemed like Arthur kept changing: middle-aged, punk, priss, and then this Micheal guy.

Had Alfred dreamed of Arthur this whole time? Hm

You are a great author.

Oh yeah, heads up, you have a new stalker.

But I won't be like that drunk Italian...I'll be German...and 100% female. :DDD
Igirisu1996 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
This was really good but I don't get what happened in last part with the italics. Is it in the future when Arthur has broken up with Alfred?
Blueboyrocks77 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
i luved it. it was a great story (better than what i can write 4 sure) but i ddnt get the end how he said "what? my names michael." could u explain it 2 me?
AnayssaLovesU chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I cried when I figured out that everything was fake. Good story though. That was really touching and was really worth the read.

The ending. OMG it's soooooo sad! I think I'm going to cry again.:'(
PennyD chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
I'm not quite sure what happened at the end but I'm guessing aurther didn't...accept alfred into his life or simpler terms become his boyfriend? If so, I'm sad. Poor alfie. But that was wonderfully done! I loved how you switched back and forth to present time and past/flashbacks. I also thank FMB for metioning this in one of...his?fiction. Wow I'm just really confused at the end which makes it even better! Leaving a reader wondering or questioning the plot or idea. You are one true hell of an aurthor. Keep up the fantastic work.
KirishimaYui chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
This was a fantastic story. I was so touched. Being the dumb person I am though, I was wondering about the ending. Does that mean he was day dreaming this whole entire time? Or did that whole entire situation actually happen, but was ,in truth, showing the past, making that situation in the last paragraph a dejavu?... Or is it something else? " Sorry for asking so many questions. I just really need to know haha. But, you can see how much I enjoyed reading it! Awesome job!
baconis1priority chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Did I ever tell you I love you? Yes you are one of my favorite authors :) I kind of got it. But, are they memories of Arthur or is it a dream? I have a feeling that Alfred was with Arthur but something happens and this is like a big deja vu thingy... Is that correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

bacon