Reviews for Our Hopes and Expectations
atqhdyn chapter 1 . 1/29
I think what I loved the most about this is the perfect and stable combination of both the original kirk and the current kirk. Most writers tend to make kirk to awesome or make him some irresponsible baby captain who got the wheels of the latest Ferrari/ship. But I love that there is real consequence on your fic. And kirk knows it. It scares him and he's defiant as he'll that it won't last long enough to change who he is but you can see the inexperience but at the same time see the man he would become. Responsible and someone who follows his own moral code and won't let it be put down by a rank that's higher or a snot nosed lower rank who doesn't know any better. He is James Kirk in all his glory and mistakes and he has many regrets and knows his faults which is why despite his inexperience this was a very realistic take on a character that has been twisted in almost every way possible by his fans.
quoththeraven5 chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Awesome, just awesome!
Jaricchi chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
This is bloody brilliant! Thank you for sharing! :DDDD
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Because Jim has a crew made of pure awesome, and he knows it.

On a side not, heartbroken old time traveller is the best and saddest term I have ever heard to describe Spock Prime.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Excellent. All of the issues without all of the over-the-top angst. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
great look at Kirk's character! Thank you for this.
Lady of the Hunt chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Abso-freaking-lutely adorable. ADORABLE! I love it! :) :) :)
Mord-Sith Rahl chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
That last bit made me want to squee. I usually reserve my squeeing to baby animals and child!fics so adorable you want to punch them in the face. Well done.
sugarowls chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Huh. This was surprisingly enjoyable. I really like how you handled the burdens of command without going overboard - Kirk has excellent coping devices and a level head for all of his hot temper and so on; I dislike reading the depictions of him self-destructing at the drop of a hat. Great story(ies)!
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
This was terrific! :)
nfall chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Brilliant miss, made me chuckle.
Scholar's Callous chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I love it! Especially the plus one.
RubyHair chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
You mixed some really good TOS stuff in here and I like to see that. Yeoman Rand, a bueraucratic Nazi, fantastic! The bar fight on the starbase defending Kirk, most excellent!
Darkwood Princess chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I loved the episode Court Martial and this seems like just how it would go down in the new universe. Great job!
bookdragon01 chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
This is a great 51.

One quibble: in the Navy, even a Capt. goes thru 'crossing the line' if he hasn't before.