Reviews for Grand Canyon Deep
marthapreston4 chapter 6 . 6/18/2014
Well most people get victims a puppy to help them cope I guess taking care of a kid is the same thing
marthapreston4 chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
awww its nice that they are trying to take of him!
olliebella chapter 10 . 1/29/2014
really enjoyed this story xx
gwid chapter 10 . 8/27/2013
Hi Sheila,

i cant say much but love to read your storys :)

greets
Fried-Chicken-Nisha chapter 6 . 4/24/2013
I did it pretty cool that Devon's sisters name is Tanisha, ause it's my name... Not very often that I come across the name Tanisha XD
flootzavut chapter 10 . 4/19/2013
"I told him that I loved him and you and Tony and Ziva and Ducky and then I told him that we made love in his house and that it was the best sex ever. And then I told him about that thing you like where I put my hand—"

Absolutely killing myself laughing. Can just imagine how Gibbs would cope with that...

And bless Tony for knowing when not to use ammunition, and Ziva for reminding him that he was NOT gonna use it. Though I imagine it wouldn't stay secret forever...

Oh, and I spoke too soon. This also made me laugh so hard:

"Abby's going to kill me."
Gibbs smiled as he looked out over the lawn. "Not if you do that thing with your hand."

Evil Gibbs! Hilarious :-)

TBC? I thought you wrapped it up beautifully, but I am putting it on story alert just in case.

Overall, a very powerful bit of writing here, and I was really involved with and empathising with the characters. Really impressed.
flootzavut chapter 9 . 4/19/2013
Intense :-o

I'm wincing in sympathy with his wrists particularly, for some reason. Yeouch.
flootzavut chapter 8 . 4/19/2013
"Yeah, and my life is the definition of a cautionary tale. Learn from it, Tim!"

And how...
flootzavut chapter 7 . 4/19/2013
I think Devon has a pretty good handle on Gibbs' character :-)

Devon's affection for and connection with McGee is making me well up again.

And Ziva saying she'd offer McCadden her body and Tony's response made me crack up.

By the way, I don't believe you need an apostrophe at the end of gotta and wanna and gonna etc.

I teared up with Devon and McGee and the transfer to Vance. How worried the poor kid is. You really made me care for these characters.
flootzavut chapter 6 . 4/19/2013
"He'll forgive almost everything, Gibbs…except maybe your absence."

I think Abby is spot on.

Devon is heartbreaking. So many kids in those kind of situations, and just longing for some normality.
flootzavut chapter 5 . 4/19/2013
"You better be more than a good-looking white man. That's all I can say."

Heheh I like her, and clearly she has good taste ;-)

I love how honest Ducky is with Abby. Gentle, but honest.
flootzavut chapter 3 . 4/19/2013
"No, they won't. They weren't the same after Kate or after Somalia. It's life, Tim. We're never the same after something painful. Doesn't mean we don't grow and move on. That's what is going to happen here too."

Awww Tony. I love the way Tony can be unexpectedly wise.

Bless Fornell, I love that they called him in just to be Gibbs' friend. Also his comment that they should hire Gibbs to stroll round the park was hilarious.

Tony was really sweet with Sarah. You do a good job bringing out his gentle side whilst keeping him in character.

Loved the image of Abby and Gibbs sitting vigil together. Fits the interrelationships.

Wow, that was very nearly an apology from Gibbs to Vance for not calling him.

It made me well up when Tim told Abby her face was the only thing making him feel good. Bless her.
flootzavut chapter 2 . 4/19/2013
Tony shook his head. "See, now you want me to hurt you. It's like you're begging for it."

That was sooooo perfect. It's impressive that you're making me laugh even in the midst of this very serious story, and that's also very NCIS ish.

And I loved that Ziva stepped up. Sad that she empathises, but wonderful that she is showing how much she cares.

And oh, poor Timmy :-( I wanna hug him.
flootzavut chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
'Gibbs reached over and cupped the kid's chin. "I won't forget this, Devon."

He pulled out a card and put it in Devon's front pocket. "You need anything. You call me."

The kid was expressionless as the two men took off through the park to the East.'

That was so Gibbs... Love it.

Also loved Tony calling Ziva his little kumquat, actually the whole way he spoke to her - very particular phraseology - is very familiar from Tiva interactions. So cute and funny.

Awww Tim... Not that it's hard, he's a very empathetic character, but you really made me feel for Tim. Sounds like what happened to him was truly appalling. I love that Gibbs is determined to help him but that it's actually Ducky taking on the Papa Wolf role and protecting Tim from Gibbs' OTT determination. I can tell this is going to be interesting.
sarahbookworm1 chapter 5 . 2/16/2013
Just read up to chapter five and it is a really moving story. I particularly like the bits with Abby and the way she's maturing.