Reviews for The Cruelest Year
Kal-El Fornia chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
I have those enjoyed the connection between first enchanter Irving and knight commander Greagoir. Even though they have opposite roles in the circle, they seem to genuinely care about each other and that is something that I've always been fond of. This is a great story.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Great story! Poor guys... I find it heartbreaking to contemplate, despite players' hatred for the Chantry/Templars, the people in-game know no other way. Not even Anders could come up with anything other than war. Thanks for writing this. :)
Gene Dark chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Very moving. I love fics that humanize Greagoir, and I enjoyed this take on his longstanding friendship with Irving.
Lady Urquentha chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
This is heart-breaking :D Well done. Lol. Seriously, I like the way you've explored Greagoir's character. The agony of loss, and the weight it leaves on him, is very poignant.
karebear chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Great song. Perfect for this scene too.

God... I always wondered why you could go back after Broken Circle and Greagoir would act like nothing ever happened. You really capture the fragile balance he (and Irving) are holding onto, they can't show emotional reaction, ever. I wonder if at this point they've even forgotten *how* - they hold everything inside. Another form of breaking. :(

I'll admit "loved and had broken in the name of duty"... tears in my eyes, I'm pretty sure. True for both Anders and Cullen.

Gah! I feel so bad for all of them. The system they're trapped in is *so* broken. And what really makes me sad is that Greagoir knows it too - and even in this moment, when he should be able to just *take a minute and be sad*, and mourn the dad, he can't even do *that* - he's got all the anger and guilt swirling. He's still trying to do his job, he's still trying to *fix* the Circle that can't be fixed. ("Come here, Greagoir, let me give you a hug? Can I... can I *say* that? Does that *work?*")

"Broken Circle" - seriously... I don't think Bioware could have given me two more perfect words if they tried.

Really beautiful job.