Reviews for Cease Your Raging
LucyLuna chapter 5 . 2/7
The last scene I think maybe you might want to replace the first he with Erik's name, since I thought it was Charles perspective at first, until I read it through a second time and saw that I was wrong and it was Erik's POV there.
I like how you start this with noting the parallels of this moment with the first time Charles met Erik. His fears that this time he won't save him made sense and I like how that relief doesn't last as everything goes to the dogs. Charles wondering if Erik ever listened or understood him and his powers as he murders Shaw and putting on the helmet was interesting. As was how he wishes in the second to last scene the two of them could stand together, but they can't, since what they want for the world and themselves as a whole is just too different. I liked that Charles regrets he doesn't want what Erik does and even apologizes for it too.
LucyLuna chapter 4 . 1/30
I like how you show the way Erik and Charles have become so close to one another so quickly. How even though they've known each other hardly any time at all, their habits are already changed. Erik, who'd been so used to sleeping alone, now needs to be near Charles to sleep. I also think it's cool how you show despite their closeness, there's still a lot of discordances between them. Such as how Erik doesn't like Charles pity for him and all he's been through.
Charles dreams of losing Erik are interesting. I'm curious if he's afraid of losing them because of how close they are or if he intuitively knows there's no way he can keep Erik beside him forever because of the differences between them.
LucyLuna chapter 3 . 1/25
I liked the end of this chapter best. Erik reflecting on this moment there and wondering if Charles regrets helping Erik like he did because of what followed.
The rest of the chapter was good too, I liked getting this scene from Erik's perspective and the way he almost thinks at the start Charles is trying to make him fail. His realization at the end when he accomplishes moving the satellite that Charles thought he could do it from the start was nice. I also liked how you described them coming out of Erik's memory of Hanukkah with them blinking at the daylight it showed really well just how powerful the memory was, since they had to have really physically felt they were there, to be so affected by the daylight they were standing in when the memory ended.
LucyLuna chapter 2 . 1/18
"…smells of stale cigarettes and must." I think "must" is supposed to be "musk" here?
I liked how this chapter started with how enjoyable these road trips are for Erik and how it's more fun to travel with Charles than it ever was alone. The little details about how they occupy their time with squabbling about this and that and reading to each other from a book Charles's has brought along was nice and the way Erik is amused by how Charles can sleep in the car.
I think it made the death of the mutant girl all the sadder, because it changes the light-heartedness of their road trip into something a lot darker. Charles crying about her death and how he wishes he could have been there even just a few hours earlier so he could have jumped in front of the truck instead was good and I like how Erik reflected on that and how Charles had risked his life in a similar way for him when he jumped in the water.
The end of the chapter was actually pretty sweet with Erik confessing to having wanted to kill himself in the past, but being glad he didn't because otherwise he'd have never got to meet Charles.
LucyLuna chapter 1 . 1/15
"…his telepathy sweeping over the dark water like the beam of a lighthouse." I really like this comparison. It makes for some awesome imagery and makes Charles's telepathy feel like this really helpful, good thing, when telepathy, once you think past the pro of the ease of communication it'd allow between people, is really one of the more frightening powers someone could have. How would you protect yourself from someone like that? They can read your mind and know what you're going to do/say before you can even start to do anything.
I liked how you described just how overwhelming Erik's anger is that even Charles couldn't get past it through what would be his typical means and instead had to go about it in a very physically dangerous manner and that how bad of an idea it was didn't occur to him as he was so fixated on stopping Erik so he didn't die.
Erik's initial reaction to Charles and how he's upset he stopped him until Charles actually gets inside his head and starts to sooth away his anger to the point he's finally, for the first time in years, not angry was interesting. The way hearing he's not alone spurs his tears was good too and I like how later reflection tells him that Charles probably never even realized he was crying given the circumstances they were in.
SlaveToLiterature chapter 5 . 6/26/2016
This was really sweet, right until that last chapter. Damn! But I enjoyed it :) thanks for writing. Kind regards
carameltootsieroll chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
Hi there! Caramel from RT! Huge fan of X-Men tho most of my knowledge comes from the movies, sorry. I've tried a couple of the comics but it's difficult to get my hands on a copy, so yah.

Anyway, on to the review. I find it so cool that you got your inspiration for this fic from the Bible. I absolutely adore bromance between Charles and Erik so I thought I'd give this fic a try.

The first paragraph intrigues me. It's a great way to start off the story with solid descriptions describing his emotions down to making him feel physical pain because of his emotions.

I love how you ended the first part with the numerous ways Charles could drown...over a man he barely knows. It shows the great innate chemistry these two men have. The first part overall, was beautifully and poetically written.

(...his mind is what feels flooded the most.) I loveeeee that analogy of flooding and drowning and gahhh I'm fangirling now because I love this so much! Your writing is so full of depth and color and it makes it so effortless to read through your work!

Kinda bummed that Charles didn't notice him crying, because I kind of wanted him to haha! But great writing, really. I can't stress it enough. Your words are strung together so perfectly that it didn't take me much effort to finish this chapter!

Throughout the story, I loved your command of character thought which you integrated in your story through the use of italics. Some writers struggle with thoughts, inserting character thoughts randomly throughout their work and making their work look slopily written. But you do it so well, you deserve a round of applause! Especially because this fandom demands a lot of those,seeing that we have a lot of psychics and telepathic powers going on in this universe hehe!

Yes, I definitely loved this a lot and I hope to be able to read more of your work. Keep writing!
QueenYoda chapter 5 . 5/25/2015
Sweet.
Gamemakers chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
I liked this! I've always been a fan of the 'X times (blank) happened, and X times it didn't' stories, and this seems like a really good one! Erik's anger is well done, as is Charles' worry about the man in the water. The only thing here I'm not a big fan of is the Bible verse embedded into the story. I thought it fit the story well, but that maybe it wasn't as effective a transition as a regular section break would have been. That's a little thing - on the whole, this was lovely. Great job!
timewaster123456789 chapter 5 . 8/30/2014
very good
summerartist chapter 5 . 5/29/2014
This was so lovely. I read this a while ago and had to read it again. :-D
History101 chapter 5 . 5/28/2014
Really good insights into Erik's mind. I loved reading this :)
Whirlwind421 chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
Brilliant stories! I loved that all very very much! They were amazingly awesome!
Zelda12343 chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
This was great! You wrote these scenes so well with so much feeling. A pleasure to read.
see1like chapter 5 . 10/29/2011
This story was lovely and touching, thank you :)