Reviews for Modern Major Mary Sue
Guest chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
You've nailed Mary Sue-ness, and this song is a great vehicle for your theme and your humorous treatment of it.

The lyric doesn't scan, though. The number of syllables in a line doesn't always line up with the original, and the accents often fall on the wrong syllable. A little tweaking of the sentence structure would set it right and make it eminently singable.
ErinMilne chapter 1 . 7/8/2016
Not exactly following the model of the original, but a good laugh nonetheless. I will keep this in mind when creating new characters. Tarantara from... what is it, the third Sergeant to review this?!
zeebazeebaeata.ellac chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
I love this! I'm a huge fan of this operetta. This would make my voice teacher laugh so hard. :)
aaronburr chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
OMFG THAT IS SO AMAZING. IM DOING THIS OPPERETTA RIGHT NOW AND JUST OMG.
A Lyrical Dreamer chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Hilariously Brilliant!
Sarah Crawford chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Nice Sue parody. Amusing. Love Pirates of Penzance.
HSGisME123 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I would have sung along, but I was laughing too hard.

You deserve a hi-five, a major applause (possibly with standing ovation), and *checks pocket* I don't have five dollars, but have a dollar and... twenty seven cents in change!

You are brilliant, and a genius for writing this. Also, for the bravery it took to write this.
Mrs.Potter1989 chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I love your story it was so well great

Love, 1989
StarkidWolf chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
This is hilarious!

I just starred in my school's performance of Pirates of Penzance Junior, and I am astonished to see that yours is the only pirates of penzance story I have ever read.

The Seargeant gives a hats off to you! *Tarantara*
FeelingCrossToday chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
You might as well stick a stamp on me and mail me to Ecuador! Genius! This is great, thanks. This song lends itself so well to Mary Sues. And, for the record, I did manage to sing it all the way through xD
mrslukecastellan chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
My school is actually doing The Pirates of Penzance right now, and I actually started singing this instead of the real words! NO JOKE! I got addicted. Fabulous! I loved this.
JenJo chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
lol.

wow, you captured the essence of a mary sue.

and had me reading it in time with the song.

wow, well done
vengegates chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
This is actually quiet brill-i-ant! I tried singing along but i got tongue tied :s... Excellent :)
Jaeme chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I LOVE IT! I laughed so hard coz we did this musical last year and I was the Sergent and it was funny and fun :P

The Jazzmeister XD
TheLionTree chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Love this! More people need to parody Gilbert and Sullivan.