Reviews for Playing Card Games Is Just Like Making Love
Absolutely loved it
DelphiQuattro chapter 33 . 1/25
Excellent post canon story. The way you embed thiefshipping into the broader YGO universe is smart and seamless. I particularly appreciate the savvy manner in which you brought Bakura back; his return is too often treated in a clunky or unsatisfying way. There's also genuine insight into how the characters might develop after all that's happened to them. I guess what I'm trying to say is your narrative is stand alone good even without the sex scenes. Not that I'm advocating less sex scenes, mind you. The ones here are crazy hot. It's just nice to read a story that has both smoulder and substance.
Liquid Hearts chapter 33 . 9/12/2014
This whole story is just perfect, even a year later I still come back and re-read it I do have to wonder what happened with Marik's siblings though. I'd love to see more works done in this timeline.
lom1234iu0 chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
no matter how many times i read this, its still the sexiest thing ever! 3 if i was a talented artist i would love to make a dj of this...alas i have no talent though! XD
hoping theres more fics in the works? :D
KeakaSenka chapter 33 . 5/1/2014
No matter how many times I read this, it just gets better each time you guys are amazing
Easy chapter 33 . 4/28/2014
Hm I guess its really over now. Damed I love this story. You two did a pretty good job. Hell what I am talking! You two wrote the best FanFiction I ever read.
Its fucking amazing! And not because of all these sex-szenes! They are all sweet, jes...
I am really sad, that the storry isent going on. Somethimes I have to googel some words, but it dident matter to me. I am finished reading and I can just sit back and say: Wow.
Just Wow, because there is nothing to say. Reading your story was just watching a movie. I saw it right through my eyes. It was not like reading...it was better! Now I am sad!
Its over and than you realize: Wow...
I laughed so hard every time Bakura ruined the carpet. Like a running gag! I think I know the metapher, and it is not so bad as you think.
I read the last chapter of the story and it was like finishing a puzzle. Maybe I should knew it times befor, Bakura send really much signals.
But the end made every thing perfekt!
I read many of FanFictions (In german of course) and they are good too, but they dont make sense every time. Bakura comes back for no reason or Hikaris an Yamis have their one bodys.
Sure its freedom of art, but I really love it how you wrote the plot!
Jes its all I have to say! I like how they played Duell Monsters, I like how they were fighting and I like the way how Marik was realizing, that Bakura was the only one for him.
Gods I am so into this story! Oh Ra!
...and its depressing that its over now... Are you going to writte a continuance?! I would just love that!
Byby,
Easy
Easy chapter 15 . 4/24/2014
Nooo Bakura, dont die you asshole!
Okay that chapter was really well done.
The fight between Marik and Bakura in the middle was wow! I never thought about Bakuras point so I was impressed how he asked Marik these questions. And after all he IS right. Marik wouldnt give up all of the things he worked for, just to be with Bakura.
I was impressed how real the conversasion between them was. I think that Bakura would use the same questions if he... really exists... well he does exist...but... You wrote him really good. Totally in charakter.
And Marik too!
Only a few autors can writte the charakters so originally like they made them themself.
Easy chapter 14 . 4/24/2014
And its me...again :D
Jea like I said bevor I am so into this story that I read it in one turn. But I was to tired to read the rest... but here whe go. ( Because of this story I dreamd about Duel Monsters :P )
The duells are great. Somethimes they stretch a little to long, but its okay. It is always funny to read the reaction of Marik or Bakura when they lost the game!
Hm it seems that Bakura dident want to lose all the time against Marik. Was it luck or strategie?
Bakura is a great duellist after all and he must become better too. If he want to stand against Marik he has to rice his abilitys.
I laughed so hard when I read that Bakura has beaten Marik in one turn. I can just imagin how Marik was looking when he realiced it... but it must be so great!
So Bakura got his ring back. I think now the part of the story starts when the two of them became some problems to handle.
Great chapters! Really good work!
Easy chapter 9 . 4/23/2014
...and yes. Its me again.
I dident review the last chapters... I am sorry. But I was so magnetized that I just read the last chapters in one turn. Did I already say, that the story is super-special-awesome?!
The charakters are so original and I like the szenes when they duelling. Thats somethin I probably miss in other storys about them. Duell Monsters is not so boring at all ( But in the anime its really anoying. I mean, how long can you stand there and stear at the five cards at your hand!)
I like the way the story gets exiting when they two duels and do theyr bets.
...Bakura just made a burn marke with his cigarett... Okay! Why dident Ishizu recognize that... I mean, a black mark on the floor. Its not like Marik is smooking or something.
Okay I admit that this comment was unnecessary... but I had to do it.
Jes, what else I want to say at the beginnig of this review...?
Oh jes, I dont know how I came to these web page and this story but I thank the ancient Egyptian gods for it! Thanks Ra! And the hole other gods...who I dont know...Osiris maybe...and some strange other persons with a head like an animal...
However... I realy want to know what these words mean, that Marik spell to bring Bakura back to... life...or something of that! Is this really ancient Egyptian or did you just made fun?!
Jea okay... I really like the story...and the hole ... hrm... betting thing...
But I want to know how long they two of them just fucking every weekend. The tournament has already started and Marik has just two bloody ...arg, I always forgott the name... Sorry!
And who is the deadline to get the seven... hmpf...you know what I mean...! Why cant I just keep it in my mind.
Okay, I just wanted to say, that its a little bit weird that they do nothing the hole weeks...just fucking, working, and playing Duel Monsters... not that I dont like that, but I miss the plot...
Hm maybe I should go on reading and all my answers will be answerd!
Easy chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Wow! This is a good story! I really like it. Please forgive the hole mistakes in my review... I am not good in this language ( Its not my mother tongue), but Ill try my best.
Okay I like the way you started the story, and I am really loving thiefshipping!
The story is fascinating and you have some good ideas! Marik is way to cute to be shun! You did a good job by writting the hole thing about the landscape and the way he stole the ring.
Its like seeing a movie... okay I have much of that thing called phantasy, but you realy made a good atmosphere.
I am totally going to read the other chapters. Good work! Who ever writte these chapter!
...and the end is good to.
Mean that you cut here...
Li Abyad chapter 33 . 4/15/2014
It made me so happy :) It has the perfect amount of everything, I've found really close empathy with the characters. If I needed to be adopted, I would want them to be my adopting parents lol.
Silver-Haired-Thief chapter 33 . 11/28/2013
Ah... A perfect ending to a great story! XD
I'm kinda sad that its over, but all good things come to an end, I suppose.
Thank you (the two of you) for writing this and I hope to see more from you in the future!
:D
Silver
Guest chapter 33 . 11/1/2013
Absolute gold. Kudos to both of you and thanks for the read.
Pharaoh Atem Forever chapter 33 . 9/9/2013
Although I'm not actually into the Bakura and Marik in actual relationship, I have to say this was a favorite of mine, which includes both Marik and Bakura. I can't believe this fanfic is over! It was such a great one! EM
livetodraw321gmail.com chapter 27 . 9/8/2013
going through my Pandora I came across the song "When I'm Gone" by 3 doors down, it totally matches this fic! :)