Reviews for To Let It Go and So Fade Away
Love Matthew’s note. Thank you for this beautiful moving story. ️
Mmfan1 chapter 1 . 1/2
Love this story
Mm fan chapter 1 . 10/15/2020
I love this story. It gives such a great insight as to what happened in the season and Sybil’s ball. I have always felt cheated that those 2 months were off camera and we never got to see Matthew and Mary as a couple. We go from their scene in episode 6, ( the kiss) to episode 7 under the tree when Mary delays again.

Plus this story, framed around Matthew leaving the note and the ring for Mary in case he were to be killed in the war, makes it so precious.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/24/2018
This is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing this!
MsMenna chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
This is fantastic. You write Mary and Matthew perfectly. How sad that Matthew was so certain Mary would accept him and then Mary requested more time to make her decision (clearly due to Cora's pregnancy). I am looking forward to reading more of your stories.

I hope you will check out my first fan fiction which supposes Matthew survived his car accident. I would appreciate your critique as I admire your talent.

s/10641963/1/Patient-9

Thank you.
Zarek chapter 2 . 5/27/2013
Loved it. Thank you for writing it :)
AmeriGirlTN chapter 2 . 5/4/2013
Just wish this were the way series 3 ended. Thanks for posting this
luvgoround chapter 2 . 3/24/2013
What a wonderful story. You just describe their feelings and desire for each other so beautifully. You literally feel it. Love the fact that Matthew didn't die too.
On either side the river lie chapter 2 . 12/7/2012
I buzz and ache with happiness. You're a darling and I love you for this fic...cheers
PelirrojaBiu chapter 2 . 12/3/2012
Beautifully written as always :)
1life2ROCK chapter 2 . 6/20/2012
Marvelous story
GeneFlowers chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
This is incredible. Honestly, all of it is so, so good. My favourite part was Matthew's letter, though. It made me cry.
Starlight77 chapter 2 . 11/1/2011
I love this, everything coming full circle, her realizing with the birth of her son and the note Matthew gave her, that if things hadn't happened the way they did she would not have this husband and this son like she did now...and so she could not regret any of it.

She didn't ruin them forever. They happened like they were supposed to happen..ah, you could just feel the love radiating from her...she indeed was like a painting, your words painted such a vivid picture in my mind of this new mother and loving and loved wife.

Also, I like her thoughts on that night when she was going to tell him, how part of her felt that if they did that then her own mistakes would be erased. A very Mary thought.

Wonderful characterization of them and their dynamic. I truly enjoy your stories.
Starlight77 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Oh, I do want them to have a boy with her dark hair and his blue eyes.

I love the idea that it had always held true, that he had written the note down before the end of the war.

And I was just rewatching the scene where he said she's been sure the night of Sybil's ball and I was wondering why he would say that, and your scene just fits so perfectly into their dynamic I feel and explains why Matthew would have felt so scorned. Her saying "our home" was just so beautiful. And I like that you had the scene where she was going to tell him that night, but she just couldn't bring herself to say it, for him to not love her as much if she confessed her secret.

Off to read the next chapter!
ElliG chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
fantastic. just fantastic.

i read parts of the story aloud to myself - which, in itself, is probably the biggest compliment i could pay you. it means that not only that your style is beautiful but also that i think that the scenes you draw up are, in my opinion, rather realistic. i couln't read them aloud otherwise.

it also is moving, touching, all that. the context is good. i didn't notice any irregularities or logical mistakes... but that might have been simply because i was so very taken by the stroy, too ;)