Reviews for Tea Leaves
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I love this piece :)

Had to concentrate more than I usually do, because the English is a little more...complex...than the English in fan fics generally is, but I really love it.

It's very well-written; you've described their relationship and their personalities very well.

"Like cradling a cactus." Haha, too true.

I love it!

~Soph
Jananae chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Love the middle-of-the-night musings on their characters; this really works.
jsq chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
I discovered that I'd missed this one, which is unfortunate, really, as it is now among my favorites. You do wonderful things with small moments. Quoting my favorite lines would basically have me pasting in the entire story, but I will say that I found this lovely:

"A thankless duty to sit beside a shaking woman who lets grief fall into the canyon's gulf between them. She won't speak and he can't ask. And for all that she looks like a toddler who tripped in the street, he dare not offer a nurturing hug.

He'd like to be anywhere else. He'd be nowhere else."
USAFChief chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
In the face of such prose, anything I could say in praise of this work is pale, faded white wash. I think it's marvelous that your muse pushes you to this point and that you share it with us.

pdf
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Very nice. The words were so majestic and you made such a small storyline seem so beautiful. Well done.
Kew121 chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Three passages from this that I thought were amazing, evocative, and sad:

"Maybe contact comes with a sense of deserving that she lacks. These are her flaws, too much confidence based on broken shadows. Maybe she wants to be coddled but fears the repercussions. These are her memories, asking for comfort from a father ill-equipped. Maybe the hands she permits in light warp into someone else's at dusk. These are her dreams, the truth of what his supposition only shades."

"A thankless duty to sit beside a shaking woman who lets grief fall into the canyon's gulf between them."

"Strange how she seeks fierce intimacy only to rebuff simple affection. How she spurns being cherished."
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I love this, your imagery never ceases to delight me :) Some of may favourites included 'inviting piranhas to bed', 'cradling a cactus' and 'when a ninja kills, death doesn't necessarily follow'.

When I read your work, I often feel like I am indulging in a piece of chocolate cake. And I approve greatly of eating cake ;P

Great work as always :D

CP7

P.S. Any chance that we may be seeing you back in the Fringe-verse any time soon?
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I feel like this story had a happy ending...yes?

It almost makes it sound like it's way too much trouble to love Ziva until the end.

Well done!
Proseac chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Hon, if you can write like this 'in haste', as you put it, then I may as well give up now.

What a lovely thing to wake up to this morning! It's so 'them'. I just picture Tony lying there thinking about the next oil change on his Mustang (his baby) as a distraction from wondering why Ziva won't let him cuddle. Just perfect.

Fave lines:

"Like cradling a cactus"

"When a ninja kills, death doesn't necessarily follow."
Belker chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Loved it. It's wonderful to think that Tony needs the cuddling, not Ziva (or thinks she doesn't need it)
DaniSJ chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Reading good fanfic is a great way to start a Saturday! Excellently written, as usual. You make the wait til the season premiere bearable :)