Reviews for Visor
RndmPeep chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Oh my fluffy bunnies from seit alpha V. You just ripped my heart out while simultaneously making me one of the happiest people alive. Thanks? I love it.
Jade-Max chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
The elements you incorporated into this are fantastic.

Ahsoka's desperation, her denial and even her decision to trust him - all hallmarks of the friendship they'd once, and so it would seem, still do share.

Rex still being willing to take the risks for her, to lie to his troops and protect her.

It's a sad, poignant twist on what could happen and one I certainly hope not to see :)
Moondoe chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Good emotions written in here
sonickidds chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
i was truly touched, by the fact that Rex would betray his own, for his own. great story. loved it!
AgressiveNegotiations chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Love love love! Seriously great, I love to think that Rex stays true to their friendship- even after Order 66. Awesome job. )
DoubleEO chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Awww, this is so cute. I want to cry. :') Great Job!
Apples Who Dance With Oranges chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Great chapter it was very descriptive and shows how not all the clones were forced to follow orders
a fellow jedi chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Amazing story, i was holding my breath the whole time. *sigh* wonderful job, great detail, i could deffaintly feel the emotion!
Queen chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
That was just lovely, simple and lovely. And wonderful imagery, of using his visor to hide his face, then reveal that Rex was still a man and not a droid...really brought everything into that one moment of removing the helmet. Also nicely done was that final image she imagines - of Rex's eyes crinkling as he smiles - just so nicely done.

Wonderful job!
laloga chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
First of all, I love that you used present tense for this ficlet...it heightens the drama and intensity of the scene. You've captured such an amazing *full* moment in time between these two and you've got such a great handle on each of their characters, of the time period in which this is taking place, and on the 'verse in general...all of which you pack in to about 1500 words! That's not an easy thing to do, but you've pulled it off with aplomb.

It was interesting to see that Ahsoka was torn for a moment, considering the fact that if she reveals herself, she might have to kill the man she once called "friend," though ultimately she makes the brave choice to come forward. I really love how this debate is mirrored with Rex's actions; I get the sense that he's also torn, though he also chooses (imo) the "right" path. Excellent job showing all of this with only Rex's subtle gestures and movements...you conveyed quite a bit of emotion and turmoil with *no* dialog/monologue on his part. :)

I love when he takes off his trademark helmet and they *see* each other, though I do wish...well. You can probably guess. However, he gives her a greater gift than she could have imagined - freedom. The last image is fantastic: "In her mind, his eyes crinkle in a smiling response."

Bravo! Excellent, amazing, fantastic work! :D
LandofTheDead chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Love this! Awesome job!
rexter-fangirl chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Yes! A fic with what seems like a professional, non romantic relationship between the two! :D

Very well done, I enjoyed reading!
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
That was wonderful! It was melancholy, but with an undercurrent of friendship that can't be destroyed. *applause*
sachariah chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I was excited to see this 'go live'! You've created a truly powerful scene, even without my feedback; this is already one of my favorite one-shots on FFN.

You describe this as a 'scene', and it really *feels* that way. There's a perfect balance, a sketchy "outline" of what's happened (she escaped, has been on the run, and now her ship's being boarded) but it's minimal, just enough so we can appreciate the small snapshot that we get to see up close. It's self-contained, and that can be hard to 'capture' in such a short piece.

Like I told you before, the moment when Ahsoka realizes that it's Rex who she's facing was full of unspoken emotion. And then when she recalls her experiences with him, on Cristosphis, Naboo, the spy station, that was just... I had to blink far too often. And not because I like these two as a pairing - as I also said, this piece works perfectly with them as 'just friends' - it's like we're seeing 'the good old days', through Ahsoka's eyes, as she sees Rex.

But at the same time, we feel her painful uncertainty, too - she doesn't really *know* what he's like anymore. That's perhaps were the pain really becomes evident; she doesn't know who she can trust anymore. She *wants* to trust Rex, she wants to believe he's still the friend she knew him as, but, as she says, "the kriffing visor!" He wears the same face - both within his helmet and without - as millions of men across the galaxy who are out to kill her.

These are some of my favorite lines in the TCW fandom, ever:

Again, she opens her mouth, for it is too silent, and Ahsoka has never been all that quiet. "Rexter," she says, her voice containing a slight hint of a playful youth, one buried long ago, one that dwells in the unreachable depths of her heart.

So powerful, so sad.

I love your take on Rex - so rigid, so soldier-like in his mannerisms. A cock of the head, a curt nod, a relaxing grip on his weapons is about the extent of his visible response. Even when he pulls a "redeemed-Vader" on us and removes the helmet, his feeling is restrained to his eyes, and another nod. No to overuse the Vader analogy, it really reminded me of the scene in RoTJ, right before Vader turns on the Emperor. Just that emotionless helmet, and in Rex's case, stoic face - we are left to imagine the conflict and emotion that is rushing through both men.

The ending was heartwarming, and sad at the same time. It's also a bit quick, but it's best that way - the heart of this piece is the introspective, emotional center, and when that ends, the story ends in short order. I'm not exaggerating - this is one of the most perfectly-paced pieces I've ever read.

I could babble on forever, but I think I've said more than is useful. Thank you for sharing this, and for giving me a chance to give input.