Reviews for Firelight
MoonIce20408 chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Love this!
KingAlanI chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
There aren't many Cinna fics and even fewer Portia fics.
It's nice to hear something from them and the concept is fresh.
Interesting how you mix a regular slice of life situation with them realizing the horror of the Games.
Hints of Snow's prostitution venture was a nice touch.
Morgana-le-Fai chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Oh do continue this please. This was lovely, well paced and so sweet. Ahh totally want you to write more. Have a fresh cookie. _

Sent from my iPad via Pocket Fiction
InkWeaverabc chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
wow, that was AMAZING! I loved it, I really did :) every word so very true, and so poignant. You have caught perfectly the doubts and confusion anyone decent involved in the games MUST have, and I love your portrayal of portia. i wish we knew more about her, I imagine she's nice. she must be, if she's with Cinna, yes? I like them as a couple, so that was an added bonus :)

I have just noticed how many stories you have written. That is good, I will go and check out some more of your stuff now :)

Great work! D
Ellenka chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Wonderful character study, as always. The setting made it work perfectly. I admit that I often forget that I should regard book characters as people with real lives beyond what happens in the story. You always remind me in the best way imaginable.

Just as you said, they were art students... doing their best and slowly realizing it might be their worst... awesome.

The introductory quote was a incredibly fitting ;)

fave lines:

"Is it less real if she doesn't put it into words?" - wonderful wording. Sums it all up nicely.

"...that would not look at all out of place in a forest. Or an arena. Or a District." - perfect mental image here. Just like I always imagined him, you just put it into better words.
DreamingOfASoullessIan chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
This was a really good story. I've always liked Portia/Cinna, but I haven't read many that were good. Congrats on being the first!

-Dawn (DOASI)