Reviews for A Different Warcraft: Romancing the Coffer
Unaloq30 chapter 19 . 12/5/2014
Went back to read this story. *sigh* good memories.

Yeah, Neltharion's a big doofus. But he's our lovable squishy doofus.

The start of Nel's and Calia's relationship, was kinda rushed, but I do miss it a bit. And then it ended in tragedy. In a way I'm glad because it shows that there's actual character progression and sometimes relationships really don't work out.
Tarloc90 chapter 19 . 4/30/2014
Wow, I am shocked to see how many morons on this site who don't bother to look to see if she's written sequels to the Coffer or not.

Hey, guys, there's like 3 other Warcraft stories she's written. She's writing a whole series about Neltharion. Right now, she's finishing up with Wrath of the Warchief. And she's gonna have Nel go to Pandaria and fight Sha monsters.

Really? You guys are too dumb to go look?
Killer chapter 19 . 4/26/2014
Great story I loved it I think u need to make a second part of this story
JustAnotherAnon chapter 19 . 4/1/2014
So...
Alexstrasza is a bitch...
Kalecgos is a workaholic (face it. Here, he takes his job very seriously)
Ysera is a giggling sweetheart,
Neltharion is a total doofus...
And Nozdormu's a grab-bag of Catch-22's...

I love it! :D
IcestormTundra chapter 19 . 9/2/2013
finished at last XD
and can I say im very glad Malygos made a few appearances, and Nozdormu, they don't get enough love 3
though im still trying to get match maker Ysera out of my head D
Krishna Ayasha chapter 8 . 7/1/2013
At emotional support. Had I only been there O.o
Krishna Ayasha chapter 8 . 7/1/2013
This story is just beautiful. No, really. I wish this Was how cataclysm ended, as I really think Neltharion could've been saved!

When I first read about Neltharion calling himself fat, useless, etc. And the Old Gods bullying him, my heart INSTANTLY went out to him. I had gone through the exact feelings before. That poor sweetheart may say he deserves everything that is coming to him, but he really doesn't. (My character on WoW is also AWESOME at
Fan of Fanfics21 chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
"Together, they would have made Azeroth's first draconic comedy team." Maybe you should do a fic with Neltharion and Malygos doing a comedy routine thing. That I would love to see.
Riuko chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I am XT9K's sister. I figured reviewing here would be more efficient. I have to say, you may come to regret asking my brother to critique your work. He's not knowledgable of the social graces recquired in reviewing and he never does anything halfway. Like my brother, I am not knowledgable in WoW, but, unlike him, I am knowledgable in reviewing. This is somewhat difficult for me to read, but only because I know so little of what you reference. The detail and introduction are nice. They gradually ease the reader into the story with smooth transitions. My problem with the beginning is the transition into Neltharion talking to Alexstraza. Neltharion talks about being relieved about dying, but he resists it. Better words would probably be "Before you kill me, hear me out..." or something of the like, because he goes from wanting to die, to not wanting to die, to wanting to die again. It's hard to swallow. Though I don't know much, I like having Thrall encourage Neltharion. It suits the story.
Fairy Tales 97 chapter 19 . 11/21/2012
At some points, I do think "Genome Soldier" was right. But I absolutely love this story anyway!
ultimate idiot chapter 19 . 11/14/2012
:D
Shinkicker chapter 19 . 8/24/2012
Mm went through my email and found an update for this I had missed from around chapter 16. I have to say I was kinda hoping for more, so chapter 19's epilogue caught me by surprise. I can't help but think you had intended more, but just ended the story there for some reason.

Anyway good story, I enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting.
ScourgeDarkheart chapter 19 . 1/25/2012
i love this story! c:
peregrine1989 chapter 18 . 12/18/2011
Hey, I know its a late reveiw but enjoy. I have really enjoyed this story... there is a spelling error here and there so if you don't have one I would suggest a beta reader... NOT ME! :D

The story itself is quite good, but the genre is deceptive. Angst/Romance/Comady all fit, so any one of those 3 would have been good, but the advanture from the very start was no where near as powerful as even the comedy element. I at no point (except at the very end when Deathwing and Neltharion were fighting) was on edge of seat action feeling that adventure stories like Indian Johns should have.

Other then that, quite good, and now moving on to the sequal.
Genome Soldier chapter 19 . 12/8/2011
Okay, I'm just going to do an overall review for this story since it is finished. I'll try and make a good one, but the brain is a bit off today.

Starting off, I liked the way you brought Neltharion back into control of his own body and life. Internal battles are pretty good plot points, especially when they involve someone's inner demons. Though in the case of Neltharion, his inner demon happens to be Deathwing and royally screws Nel over.

As for Nel's encounters with the other dragon aspects, I can understand why you don't like Alexstraza, but she does seem to actually care for her brother. Sometimes, people don't always know the right way to express that love though and if you are following the actual lore, Alex has gone through a lot psychologically damaging stuff too. So, I can see her reacting in a sort of unhealthy fashion towards Nel.

Ysera on the other hand is a lot more in line with how many sisters are with their male siblings. It is kind of funny to see a dragon such as her act so childlike. I can picture some observing mortals just staring at her blankly cause most do not expect dragons to act this way.

I liked how Malygos had a small part in this story too. From what I've gathered from the lore, this is how he was before he went insane after Deathwing slaughtered his flight. I wonder if Kalecgos is going to able to live up to how Malygos did running the flight.

Now for the actual story, I'm surprised at how much Blizzard borrowed from Indiana Jones for this quest line. It felt especially like Raiders of the Lost Ark in particular. I guess they are big Jones fans, but I wouldn't really know since I do not play WoW. Still, those green shirt wearing humans might as well be Nazis lol.

In regards to the love relationship that develops between Calia and Neltharion, I have to agree with Netar that the relationship did change a bit fast from her hating him to her loving Nel. I know Neltharion was not responsible for what Deathwing did to Calia, but it usually takes longer for someone to get over emotional trauma like that so I'm told. Being a dragon, I'd also think Nel would struggle a little more with the concept of choosing a human to be his mate over going out to find another female black dragon. His flight was pretty devastated and it is not normal in this universe for a dragon to end up with a human unlike in D&D ones. So, I'd think Nel's instincts would be screaming at him to go out and repopulate the flight. I guess this is something that could come up in the sequel story though since Calia is out on a quest right now.

Overall, good job with this story CII. I feel that you were able to fix the mistakes Blizzard has made in regards to Neltharion and the dragons in the Warcraft universe. The humor in particular was pretty good at times, so, I guess you had fun writing this one.

Nothing much left to be written, except onward to the sequel now.

P.S. I hope you will one day do a male human and female dragon relationship sometime too.

Genome