Reviews for Going Under
Exquisite!
Carson Dyle chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Exquisite!
vickigoesroar chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Wow, this was stunning. Really moving and beautiful. I'm sorry that I'm not as good with words as you are and can't express how incredible this is! Really realy lovely :)
Texas Bottle Blonde chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
It takes special skill to master the art of the short story. You've got it! In spades! The imagery, the dialogue, the power of the fear waiting to find out what happened. Powerful. Bella reminded me of the shattered young girl in New Moon. This poor broken Jacob brought me to tears. This Edward was like an angel sent to begin the writing. I hope you continue.
MsLiss chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Anna i got that you are a local in the first sentance.

a beautiful story

It's nice to read an Aussie story!
Emmaline3 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Heart-wrenching and beautifully told... You've captured the morbid memories Bella lives in so well and the fear that binds healing and moving forward. Then comes Edward and the nightmare is broken and the will is set free. What a gentle, empathetic soul he is. Would love to see this continue into a full length story. Your knowledge and love of surf-life and the beach is compelling and makes me long to hear more. Thanks...
mem4375 chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Great, great story. This one will stick with me.
2old4fanfic chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
great story...you have a very different POV
theladyingrey42 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
This was lovely. Such pretty imagery, such a poignant, immersive POV. Amazing thing when going under is a kind of surfacing.
TessLouise chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
So SO lovely!
CRAZYCARE4 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Wow wow wow! There are only about 3 stories out of the 500 or so I've read here on fanfiction that have brought me to tears and your is one of them. Very few stories move me as yours has and I'm shocked it didn't win first place. It should have won first place in every category. You have an incredible talent with words. Thank you
KiyaRaven chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I stumbled onto this, and as a fellow Aussie, had to read it.

It was truly beautiful. So dense and wonderfully described, and as someone who grew up at the beach, I could completely relate to her world.

Fearing going back in the water was also something I could relate to, but it wasn't an actual shark attack that ruined me, it was a goddamn movie. *shakes fist at Steven Spielberg* DAMN YOU, JAWS!

I love that she triumphs in the end. I, sadly, still can't swim more than a few metres away from the shore. I have the profoundest belief that a monster shark will get me,(accompanied by a sinister John Williams soundtrack. Forever traumatized.)

Thank you for writing.

Kiya x
eesti chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Hi, Anna, from another Aussie. Lovely story, and it's great to see iconic Australian images. I got a real shock when I read that Edward was driving an EH station wagon, and I loved the subtle adaptations of the names. Mike/Mick Newton is a loser, whatever hemisphere he is in. Please keep writing. Eesti.
Sunshinemommy chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Wow. Your stories evoke so much emotion. Great job :)
SabLuvsLogan chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
That was a really great one shot! Thanks for sharing it :)
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »