Reviews for Going Under
BoydBlog chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Loved it! Especially this line "I believe in love and heartbreak and bourbon and sex and the ocean and random, terrifying chaos."

Congratulations on winning the Judge's pick! I am surprised you didn't win the reader's choice as well, you deserved both!

Luv BBxx
detroitangel chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Wow. Julie. This was such a great story to read. You have a talent for walking the character through thoughts and feelings without making them overbearing. Why have you never done this before? I expect more from you from now on! Get cracking, chickie!
Hibbleton78 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
You did such an incredible job, bb! So perfectly put together, such a poignant story full of real emotions instead of the melodrama that so many rely on to tug at readers' heartstrings. I just want to go around and brag on you and say, "I know her!" So so good. Be proud! And write more!
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
As one of the judges for the contest, I got to read the entries as they came in, though I had no idea who the authors were.

When I read this, I knew. I just KNEW that it would be the winner. It's brilliant.

Sadly poignant, it's the kind of story that stands alone as it is, but would also be awesome if you were to expand it. I thought you were so brave to leave off where you did- with a strong Bella standing on her own to conquer her fears, having grasped the lifeline that Edward offered her without relying on him to move forward. I simply loved that he sat in his car, waiting for her to stand on her own two feet, quietly supporting her with his unobtrusive presence.

Jake's story, and the way you wrote his interactions with Bella, were so genuine and heartfelt- I just couldn't stop reading. The very sudden, abrupt end to his career and his life was perfectly written, and felt like an abruptly stopped song- as though the radio suddenly fell off the shelf and broke into million pieces. You totally brought it to life for me, his life on pause, his body broken.

So lovely and sad, and so well written!

I'm stunned to see that you have no other stories on your profile. Surely you've written other fic? If not, you absolutely must. You are a wonderful writer and I'll read whatever you post.

Thanks so much for being a part of our contest, and for producing such an amazing entry, a winning one at that.
Belindella chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Ok, I'm first to review? Yay! I saw this in the comp and went "well there goes first place." LoL. The way you bring out emotion had me so jealous. You simply HAVE to write more. You have a natural gift, even knowing to keep the suspense of what had happened to Jake until the end. And CONGRATS! So happy for you. :-)
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4