Reviews for Reflection
Ford.Ye.Fiji chapter 1 . 6/22
(Spoilers for the Day and Time of the Doctor) It's Gallifrey, the crack with Gallifrey in it. That same sound, that was coming from the crack, was the question. The oldest question in the universe. Hidden in plain sight- the one you've been running from all your life... Doctor Who? He's afraid of the question because it either A) meant his death on Trenzalore or 2) him answering the question and bringing the Time Lords back with the Time War in all it's horrific glory. He's afraid of the question, the crack with the Time Lords, and/or Trenzalore.
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
As curious as I was about what was behind his door, it felt right that we didn't get to see it. That's just how Doctor Who is, I think. I feel the same way about the Doctor's name. Eternal mysteries, you know?

But I did like your theories. I think that one and three were probably the better ones. I feel like as much as he invests himself in whatever is happening to him in the present, his greatest fear would never be something related someone else in his life because they come and go so much. It would have to be about him.
Aietradaea chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Very nice. :) Very, very nice. I particularly like the part at the beginning where the Doctor justifies to himself just /why/ he opened his door.

I'm very happy to think it was the Valeyard behind the door, and I'm inclined to think there's more than a little of the whole Time Lord Victorious thing in that... ( of my season 6 theories was that the Doctor would either become or get pwned by the Valeyard - that's gone out the window now, of course, but this episode does give me a reason to say I was /nearly/ right! :P )

I like how you've structured this, with one future, one present and one past fear.

I'm glad the writers of the episode have left it open to interpretation (for now, at least!).
bindah chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I like this. Interesting theories. Personally I think it's either River, himself or Amy and Rory dead. But that's just my opinion and I really like you versions of it.
OneAsBeautifulAsYou chapter 1 . 10/2/2011

First I would like to congratulate you on a wonderful story. All three of your options are viable, and would make perfect sense. I have been wondering what was behind the Doctor's door, and I admit I considered the Valeyard, but I never considered River or the Time Lord Victorious.

And second, I wanted to thank you for not being one of those fans who don't know anything about the Doctor's history and are only watching the show for "How totally hot Matt Smith is." It was very refreshing to stumble upon yous story and find that you honoured the Doctor's past as well as his present.

Keep writing!

Vilinye chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
It could be any of those three. My money is on the dark side of the Doctor, but both one and three cover those
Winnywriter chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I'd never thought of the "Time Lord Victorious" being in the Doctor's room, but now that you've brought it up, it would actually make a lot of sense. Nice work, Professor. :D
SPaCeR8008 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
#3 is the best. Definitely the most nightmarish. (I am not sure if nightmarish is spelled correctly)
Vorel laraek chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Great work.

Personally, I think version 1 is closest (or maybe 3, since it's sort of the same fear). But in general, he's afraid of what he'll do when he goes too far.
SlasherrGirl chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Absolutely fantastic. When I was watching it i said to myself, "It's himself" But your other two ideas DO make a lot of sense.
Pliffy chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I like your idea's my own other then The Doctor being scared of himself(I like that one) like I said my own are saving to save earth or his companion's that and Daleks.
PandoraNaflink chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Personally I thought it had to be the TARDIS. I mean 'of course it would be you.' His TARDIS. The noise she was making sounded distressed like the one when something's wrong. In my opinion I think he saw her die, without her he'd be alone. The last living thing from Gallifrey. He'd lose it if he ever lost her. So I think that would be his greatest fear. That, or dying and knowing he couldn't be there for people and his companions. That's why he left Amy and Rory probably, but it's so obvious they'll make a reappearance in the finale! x
alyssa love chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Does the doctor not like river that way good I don't like river and the doctor together
MayFairy chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
ooh, i was waiting for someone to do this, and i'm glad it was you!

the idea of him seeing himself is always a good one, and adding in the Valeyard mention was good, because otherwise i would have felt too much like he only hated himself, not feared himself, but his fear of becoming like the Valeyard, of BECOMING the was very good.

and River. While i doubt that River is his greatest fear, narratively, i think this one could be correct, if we were ever to be told what was in him room. I personally think that what was in his room should be a secret, like his name.

And the Time Lord Victorious. That was a brilliant idea that never even occurred to me.

all in all, well done on three great ideas!
YellowFan98 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I've been thinking that it's The Valeyard as well! I mean, surely that's the Doctors greatest fear, becoming what he's always fought against.