Reviews for Brand New Day Reprise
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
Oh my god

I love you for writing this
Founderblade chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Okay! This might be a bit of a long review but I simply loved this so much and wanted to let you know, so... bear with me! :D

First off, the lyrics were wonderful! I love how you, as some earlier person who reviewed pointed out, twisted the song around. And I admit, I might have tried to silently sing along. The lyrics were brilliant and made me smile so much!

And the Heal Ray, I think it was very clever! I think I've never read any fics with that kind of solution, and I really really liked it!

Billy's desperation when he thinks Penny's dead... It's just heartbreaking. Good job writing that so well!

Yeah... I just liked this very, very much. Have you written more Dr. Horrible? I sure hope you have, you're so good at it! Thanks for sharing this!
TMNTgrl chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Awww, my poor's even better when you know the songs well enough to put the tune to these lyrics...and I love the reprise of the lyrics, by the way. Great AU ending.
SwampFoxTheThird chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
After several hours of reading on tv tropes about endless dark crossovers and picking apart everything and how people aren't really what they appear (I can't be in the official Whedon fandom, I think I'd develop an ulcer), some kind soul (you, perhaps?) linked to this fic, and it is bloody fantastic. It had reworked lyrics that actually, well, worked, and I thought you had gone and killed her again and I was about to do something drastic when you saved her and had Billy (who is the SAME PERSON as Doctor Horrible, thank God you didn't write that theory in this) being all self conscious and her being all accepting and by the end I was flailing. So thanks. This is awesome. Apologies for this rambling review filled with pseudorants and too many parentheses. I just. Agh. Let me love you.
MrsEDarcy chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I love it, it works really well with the original tempo of 'Brand New Day" as well. I guess now Billy will become the hero and Captain Hammer the villain. Just as long as Billy doesn't go by Dr. Wonderful now. *shudder*
Cinnamon Ninja chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Oh, dear lord, I love this. Just what I was searching for in a Dr Horrible fic :D

You did great with the new lyrics! I could almost hear NPH singing this, and I could definitely see this happening...that is, if Joss wasn't such a depressing bastard of a genius. :P

Everyone stayed really in character, and I like the realistic(ish) ending - no insta-love, but definitely hope.

Thank you for writing this!
Rapunzella chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the turn-around of the song, from being about killing someone to saving a life, and the Death Ray turning into a Heal Ray––brilliant! I LOVE IT!
Mint Pearl Voice chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Wow. This was just... wow. I love your descriptions of Doctor Horrible's emotions, especially when he's running around all manic trying to assemble the Heal Ray, and it's really cool how your song lyrics fit with the originals. My favorite parts are the "villains do not cry" paragraph and the metaphor with the steak. Love your fic... or, as Billy would say, "Oops, I mean... I love chocolate-covered-pretzel sticks!" LOL. :P
3Chris28 chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Why did the name "PHOENIX WRIGHT PHOENIX WRIGHT PHOENI-" scream through my head as I read this?

Anyways, great story, keep up the good work!
Degenerate Storm chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Found this through a link on Tv Tropes. I just re-watched Dr. Horrible tonight, and I like this as an alternate ending.
imgoingtocrash chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Aw, that was really good!

It's a nice ending.

I mean, he's a smart guy, so it's possible.

Plus the song alterations were really interesting too. :)