Reviews for Banking on Her
LeoniusDong chapter 18 . 15h
This one and the Soul abound are the best way to describe how love becomes a weapon to defeat Voldie. Rowling must read them!
cmfisher chapter 18 . 5/15
I don’t care how many times I have read this story, it is still great. Thank you for your time and talent. I and we appreciate all you do.
Keep digging Dumbledore. You made it to the other side of the world yet?
mirabie chapter 9 . 5/9
This chapter does confuse me slightly. This isn’t my first read through of this story and I’m pretty sure I remember what happens at the tournament. But anyway, Hermione found Harry beating the egg into a pancake and talking about “not taking Hermione” which lead me to conclude he HAD solved the clue. But his - I assume, thoughts - differ entirely. So I’m all for throwing a wrench to keep readers on their toes but wanted to bring it up in hopes of getting a clearer picture.
mirabie chapter 6 . 5/9
I don’t think enough credit is given to Hermione in the Goblet of Fire, when she keeps Rita in a jar and blackmails her. Sure I’ve seen fanfics use it as a jumping off point but the real kicker for me is that the adults couldn’t be bothered to fix things, it fell to the kids. Your story, for me, feels all the more realistic in that aspect because it fell to the kids to fix things. Yeah, they’ve got some great adult backing which, good! they deserve it, but it still fell to them.

Long winded way of saying, love this story.
Coul532003 chapter 18 . 5/5
I want to say that I believe you are one of the best "what-if'ers" I have had the privilege of reading stories from. You say you are appalled at some of the spelling and grammatical errors you find in past stories, but I will point out the many fanfiction authors suffer from the same affliction, even the same mis-spellings, leading me to believe it is not your fault. I have been reading and re-reading stories on FFN for almost a decade, and have developed a sense of overlooking errors for the content. One of the first stories I read was "A Kiss That Changed the World", followed by "Can't Have It Both Ways". What an introduction to fan fiction. I just want to thank you again for sharing your thoughts and talent with us.
Sebine chapter 5 . 4/18
misspelled dobby as dooby, heh
Smargden chapter 2 . 4/5
re-read - and like readin for . . . well re-re-re-re-re-re-reading that be a lot of re-reading
thanks for your writings
Bes ragards
Smargden
I love rereading your stories - they provide a bright piece of serenity in a new world of chaos.
Ron's embarrassment would have made the sun look dim!
CarolsSister chapter 15 . 3/24
Minerva committing suicide is not anything I saw coming. While not someone who ever was warm and fuzzy, I did generally like the character. Or maybe it was Dame Maggie Smith's portrayal. Either way, you made it so it was apparent that she had thrown her morals and life away in the service of someone totally unworthy of her steadfastness.
Disappointment chapter 18 . 3/13
I got to the end and immediately thought... "Oh, that's it? Huh."
You left a lot of questions unanswered and several scenarios unexplored or explained. You also skipped a few things, that you only mentioned in passing, that could have enhanced the story a bit more.
Otherwise, it's a pretty good story arc (since it was left open-ended).
Disappointment chapter 16 . 3/13
Have to rant! (despite your views on ranting at you)
Giving up Hermione's virginity to Harry in order to save Harry is one thing... having her get pregnant from her very first time having sex? This is just the utmost sleeziest thing I've ever read. She's fifteen and not even out of puberty yet! Her first sexual experience resulting in pregnancy is going to ruin her expectations for feeling good during sex (let alone orgasms that she's not physically mature enough to handle) as well as her altered body! The hormonal imbalance alone is going to drive her pubescent mind over the edge!
Bringing Ron in, of all people, is one of the stupidest things I've ever read, especially after all the ways you've had him screw up in this story! Good god, did you even read what you wrote previously? What happened to all the 'I don't know why we're still friends' crap you said several times about him? You completely ignored it, that's what happened!
Rant over!
As for the story, I think you've run out of ways to shock readers and are rushing through things to finish them off. After the long and slow build-up, you're just piling on the changes now and trying to wrap things up.
You know, I really hate it when authors play the pronoun game. You can take that crap and shovel it!
Disappointed chapter 9 . 3/13
Actually, the cliffhanger didn't bother me that much. Your idiocy about writing in a blatant plothole did.
How can you write such smart people doing such dumb things as leaving Hermione alone in the Griffindor dorms the night before Harry is supposed to lose his magic? How goddamn stupid do you take your readers for? No one in their right minds, especially the smartest witch of her age (Hermione), would abandon her betrothed like that! You also had her KEEP IT A SECRET FROM HIM! Sheer idiocy!
Okay, now that I've ranted about that nonsense...
I can't believe you didn't have Dobby pop them away from the castle. They could have spent that last night with Dan and Emma, lamenting the future. Instead, they stayed at the castle, despite several ways of leaving it at any time that they wanted (tunnels anyone?). It's almost like you wrote them to be idiots about the whole thing!
3,438 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »