Reviews for To a Marriage of True Minds
Julie Garden chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
I loved the story and I really loved your changes to the rest of season 4. In fact, when I watch the series again I am going to look back on your additions/changes. I remember not liking the idea of a secret marriage. Your dialogue was so in character. I wish it was so in the series.
Linda Moyer chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
Truly enjoyed! I wish Warner Brothers would do a remake of Scare Crow & Mrs King.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Great story. I too feel they were robbed and rushed to get to the whole marriage and family adjustment stuff done. I would have really liked for another season or would settle for a few more episodes of them adjusting to the whole family changes. But too late to complain about it now, I suppose. Once again good job.
stephanie.baughn.7 chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Love the story! I definitely like it better that way and the condensed version of the 4th season is good too! I hope you write more SMK stories! It doesn't even have to be 4th season stuff although them eloping to San Angelo would be a nice story. You know the cruise, the wedding, honeymoon, the islands, etc would be good. Thanks.
birdwoman95 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Amen. and Amen again. Keeping a marriage a secret was such a stupid idea the writers had. I didn't think it was cool back in 8th grade, and agreed, even less sense now. Thanks for sharing your idea!
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
This is a conversation we deserved to see on the show! The mystery marriage always grated on my nerves, too. Lee and Amanda were supposed to be two intelligent people; how could they both agree to such a dumb idea?

It wasn't fair to either of them to hide their feelings, just as it wasn't fair to Philip and Jamie to have a stepfather they knew nothing about. They should not have been kept in the dark regarding such an important part of their mother's life.

I would love to have seen Amanda be the voice of reason and strike this foolish plan down. Her arguments that there will always be a paper trail and they will always have enemies are spot-on. I also like her suggestion of going to Billy for advice.
mithras90 chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Write your AU stories - I for one would love to see them and I think they'd be so much better than some of the series.

Give it your best shot, I think it could be really good.
MeriSalope chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
i like your ideas far better than the ones we were presented by the writers
writingisforever chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Hey I love this idea, the whole idea of a mystery marriage drove me nuts aswell. To me it was like they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together but they wouldn't actually be spending their lives together. I always thought it should end with people finding out I mean can you imagine what her mum would be like after they were "dating" for a while. Anyways great story
life in perspective chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
This was a great story- wouldn't it have been nice to actually see this? I hope you continue writing more in this series- I like your ideas!
M. Willow chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I enjoyed your story. Definetly a better ending. By the way, this is the first Scarecrow and Mrs. King fanfiction story I've read. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories.
smkfan14evr chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Love this story and your ideas for the rest of the series! That would have been a great ending! "do they stay with the agency or quit!" awesome idea!
ClarksGirl chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
I loved the re-writing of this episode, and am so glad in your AU world, Amanda was the voice of reason for the stupid mystery marriage.

Please keep re-writing season 4. You can only imagine how good it would have been if everything hadn’t conspired to end such a great show so early.
AnnieCloud chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Thank you for this "sensible" ending to "The Man Who Died Twice". The idea of the mystery marriage never convinced me. I think with the new level of relationship between Lee and Amanda the writers wanted to add more suspense to the series fearing to much harmony in the show, but the reasoning was really lame. I'm surprised Amanda's logical mind and her intelligence in matters of the heart didn't veto this idea … ;-)

I like your ending much better then the real ending of the episode and found the conversation about Lee's suggestion very convincing. The insertion of the nonverbal part of the dialogue was spot on and made your story well balanced.

I'm very interested in your idea of the vignettes for your view of season 4. Please follow up this path you have begun. Thanks for this great rethinking of season 4.
kehwie chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
This is a very reasonable AU! The points Amanda raises are valid, and you've done a good job of keeping the conversation believable and in character.

I too read to the end of your author's note, and it would definitely be interesting to read your universe played out to the end of the season. The last few episodes of Season 4 are not ones I watch very often (the lack of Amanda causes the episodes to suffer greatly. I know they did the best they could at the time to work around Kate Jackson's illness, and I applaud them for that. It just didn't work that well).

If there had been a Season 5, I think the marriage would have been "outed" by the end of the season. I do think they would have played up the comedy angle of them trying to hide their marriage, almost getting caught on several occasions, etc. And I do think that could have been fun to watch, since it was partly a comedy at heart. But since it ended so abruptly, we missed out on any possible "usefulness" of the mystery marriage, and it just kind of ends up getting on the nerves of all the fans. :-p

Anyway, good job! Sorry for getting so long-winded there. I probably should have stopped after the first paragraph. :)