Reviews for saving grace
baileyandthemonster chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
i started reading this and thought oh, this is nice and amazing and everything, and then my love for this cute little story grew with every word you wrote in your wonderful way. just like you always do.

and, oh, the last words were just really, really heartbreaking. the simpe ;;and then she's not;; broke my heart.

this was amazing, really.
currents chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
kaye, you are making me ship gideon/marlene so hard right now, okay.

this was seven different types of brilliant, and it was just so friggin' beautiful! i love your style, it's so unique. :)

great job!

always,

summer
sydneysages chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Kaye.

You...this...words escape me on how I can even BEGIN to describe how good this.

I can honestly swear I am not exaggerating one insy bit when I say I cannot imagine a better GideonMarlene fic. I don't actually know how I can even begin to qualify just how much this hit me, just how utterly brilliant it was.

The way you styled it was amazing; the way you made Fabian be the womaniser was epical; the way you wrote the last two sections: they were my favourites. His death...oh my god, then the very, VERY last line of the fic can't even begin to be put into words as to how amazing it was. It really set the tone for the story, following through their little convo about them both dying in the war.

I adored it.

Vicky xx
lonely hands chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
I love this pairing like you wouldn't believe. You've just given the characters such vibrant personalities. Marlene, in particular, just shines.

Everything about this is just so beautiful and so original and the ending is just heartbreaking.

Oh, and the differnces between Gideon and Fabian? Perfect. It seemed very realistic.
centralperks chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
I swear to God, I will never ever get tired of reading or reviewing your work.

This is just fantastic. I love the first bit, how you have him see Marlene, and get a good first impression, and after that, you let him actually meet her - it started off the story really well. I like the personality you give Marlene, she's fun and happy, and she makes me laugh with her little quirks. You create characters so well! I love this line, and I'm not sure why, but I do -

"It all happens in a bit of a rush after that. Coffee stained, scrawled notes turn into frequent Floo calls turn into meeting up for lunch or maybe dinner turn into kisses straight onto the lips, none of this peck on the cheek stuff he normally gets when a girl likes him — but that's what Marlene's like, really. Completely abnormal and unconventional; Gideon doesn't think she even cares what people think of her."

It's just gorgeous, and it tells so much of their relationship and her personality.

And the last line, oh, the last line. You're gonna be the death of me, I swear it. I loved it, it stayed with me for hours after I had read this and haunted me, as I was trying to come up with the right words to say to you about this line, but I can't. It just says so much, but it says nothing all at the same time, and after you get over your initial shock, you just want to cry because it's devoid of emotion. And then that makes no sense, so you're just shocked again.

Do you /see/ what you do to me?

"She's still waiting when the Death Eaters come for her, and then she's not."

That is all.

Bri :)
lowi chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Oh my gosh, Kaye. &hearts

This was stunningly beautiful, I reallyreallyreally loved this!

First of all we had the way you'd written it; I love how it was divided into ten parts, it was perfect for this.

And your language, oh, my, it was wonderful.

"Little does he know how she'll cause his heart to race and his throat to constrict."

I loved that line, it really etsed into my mind!

" He admires the way her jaw is half-cut into a penumbra by the streaming moonlight that pours through the open window."

And that was just epic.

I also love how Fabian and Gideon are so different, and how Gideon thinks he can't have something for himself; it was very unique, in my opinion. And added a lovely touch to this!

Then we have the ending. Of course you knew it would be unhappy, but I still wanted to cry reading it! It was so terrible, and so amazingly perfect!

This was just &hearts Kaye!
waterlit chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I just love the way you write! The descriptions are so pretty and yet so brutal at times.