Reviews for Oh For Langenscheidt's Sake!
mrspencil chapter 8 . 9/12/2019
Nicely done:-)
SeenaC chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
I am just now reading this wonderful story in my attempt to read all the PBA nominated stories.

I am really enjoying it so far, and I especially wanted to comment on this chapter because Franz Marc is one of my favorite artists! So, I completely identify with Langenscheidt's opinion of his work and the tragedy of what happened to his reputation (a man who made the ultimate sacrifice for his country) at the hands of the Nazis.
snooky-9093 chapter 7 . 1/18/2012
A sobering end to a wonderful story. Thank you for reminding the readers about Robert Clary's history and what really happened. If we educate just one person with our fanfiction, it makes the venture worthwhile.

Sue
snooky-9093 chapter 5 . 1/18/2012
Great research in this chapter, and now I will have to find time to review this scene on my DVD.
snooky-9093 chapter 4 . 1/18/2012
Well this chapter was so funny, but your author's note was just as funny. Are you using the Dusseldorf location or the Bavaria location for Hogan's Stalag 13?
snooky-9093 chapter 3 . 1/18/2012
"What? Karl thought in a mild panic. The painting is supposed to be destroyed. I knew they were up to something. I wonder if they will give me a last request before I disappear."

Chuckle :)

Oh poor Karl. He does seem to know the score, however.
Susan M. M chapter 8 . 10/22/2011
Wonderful conclusion to an excellent story! Oberst Hogan takes care of his men ... whether or not they wear his uniform.
Susan M. M chapter 7 . 10/22/2011
The beginning of the chapter was hilarious. The end of the chapter was heartbreaking.
Susan M. M chapter 6 . 10/22/2011
Loved the negotations with the cab driver!
Susan M. M chapter 4 . 10/22/2011
Poor Karl! During WWII, a wise German knew when not to ask questions.
Susan M. M chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
Good use of details.
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 10/22/2011
I liked Karl finishing his cookie before Schultz could grab it, and Schultz wishing Burkhalter would just stay home and not cause problems at Stalag 13.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
George Bernard Shaw, in Arms and the Man, said new soldiers pack cartridges, but old soldiers pack chocolate. Karl chose the mess hall over lengthy questioning and paperwork - clever chap. I liked the bit about wondering if a Lutheran could join a monastery.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 8 . 10/19/2011
Wonderful job wrapping up all the loose ends. I wish I could think of something else to say that everyone hasn't already said, but since I can't, I'll echo the sentiments of Goldleaf, 80s, Sgt. Moffitt, Syltherin Dragoon, Sophia Villo and Buggleston.
konarciq chapter 8 . 10/18/2011
All is well that ends well - though it did come a little quick after the extensive elaborations of the earlier chapters. Wouldn't have mind a little more, here, too!