Reviews for Another Step Onto Chronos
Kyle chapter 2 . 9/3/2012
Also Chrono Trigger game has helped me thru hard times.

I first discovered it on the internet thru emulation then bought it for the real SNES!
Kyle chapter 2 . 9/3/2012
The only thing I don't like is how Joe doesn't even try to help make the story easier for Chrono sort of like what the other Professor guy below said. 'Joe needs more presence in the story"

I will be kind and give this more time for Joe to develop his personality and maybe him make friends with Chrono to the point he will help out a bit more or otherwise there really isn't much of a point to Joe being here is there? :)

This story however could be used as a walkthrough which I think may be your intention.
That's Professor Hawke chapter 2 . 5/31/2012
D'OH.

So the breaching of the three-member party limit at this point in the timeline has actually caused some backlash, rather than simply being changed to suit the new four-member party as in the original. Good. That makes things interesting.

Looking forward to the next update. There aren't really any decent Chrono Series self-inserts at all, so this promises to be the first.
Kyle chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Worrying about having Joe be a Gary Stue isn't an *All or Nothing* scenario.

You should just which bits you want Joe to be as it's YOUR story and if Joe has no personality whatsoever then well what's the point of reading/writing the story?

I might as well just play the darn game!
That's Professor Hawke chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
A good opening chapter; I hope this won't dissolve into almighty-godhood-Gary-Stu-mayhem action like the original (which I can barely force myself to read for just that reason), but you may want to work on giving Joe a stronger "presence" in future chapters. Assuming you come back to this, of course.
Kyle chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
What I am saying is meant to be taking as constructive criticism which is why I mentioned about writing an original character for that Chrono Trigger time period.

If you choose to get offended by what I say that's your choice and I will simply click back to not read your next chapter when/if you continue to write it. Also, I am not taking anything I said back to indulge you with praise and glory like fan brats.

The best fanfics I've seen are ones that the author is serious about his/her readers when constructive critic has been given.

A flame would be if I said you suck at writing and taunted you to get off this site.
Kyle chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Seriously: Then what's the point of having Joe be in this fic if he is going to be quiet for now on like a piece of luggage?

You will actually be BETTER off writing an original character that lived in that Chrono Trigger time period that knows squat about the future and have a more fleshed out past story.

Yes. I really lOVE the fics where the OC's speak up more and have more of a voice then just reading about the game like a walk through which I can find at Game FAQ's if I want one However I humbly accept that it's your story and you can do what you want. That doesn't mean you will get the kind of readers you hope to attract so be aware.

I actually prefer a little bit of *Mary Sue* in a character as long as it's not out of hand as a person who is too quite is boring.