Reviews for French Exit
JustlikeWater chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Stunning
Maximilien Robespierre chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Really good story. It had so much tension, and I kind of like that it was never resolved.
FloatingCloudBadger chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Wow, I absolutely loved that. You completely got Sirius and Remus as well, and I reckon you got their dynamic, though we don't see much of it in the book. It inspired proper sadness in me as well, it really was great. ONe thing I would say is that maybe you should split it into chapters, because it really is quite long to read in one go. But really good! :)
chaosgenes chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
These are two of my favourite characters in the Harry Potter series. I don't know why - maybe it's the fact that their animal forms are wolves, which I really like. Anyways, I haven't read any other Sirius-Lupin fic before until now and I must say that although there is powerful emotions being conveyed, these emotions ultimately leave no where.

I don't understand what it is that keep Sirius and Lupin apart from actually becoming together. What issues are there that makes them keep their distance? Other than rejection? Even though they must talk a lot, and yet they don't when it concerns what they should do about each other.

In my opinion, Sirius is an idiot. I've seen men like him - reckless, stubborn, saying hurtful things he doesn't mean, but I've also seen men like Lupin who don't do anything. Are passive and wait for things to happen to them, never chasing after what they want themselves.

It's no wonder the two appear incompatible with each other here.

Anyways, I enjoyed reading this short story. You did a great job making me feel depressed :)
paper parasols chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
the way you portray Remus and Sirius is vivid. colorful. their distinct personalities are really shown through your story and it's both heartbreaking and lovely the way they dance around their issues with each other.

beautiful, really.
iliads chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Oh my god, this is amazing. One of the best Remus/Sirius fics I've read without a doubt.

I love how flawed your characters are, they're so realistic and vivid and seem to come right off the page with the way you shape them so perfectly. I've never read a Sirius quite like yours and I love the way you've portrayed him here, he's just so human. The way you write their relationship is also magnificent, how neither of them can really bring themselves to tell the other, but you can just feel the emotion so strongly.

Fantastic work.
The Terrible Jester chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
wow.

I never expected to love this as much as i did. it was amazing, I love your descriptive prose and all the things gone unsaid... very very good job.