Reviews for Riddles & RetrospectionsThe Arthur Gordon Years
GraceBe chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
"Certainly not you," Della replied, playfully challenging him.

Gordon's eyes widened slightly, enjoying the game she was playing and chuckled. "Certainly not you," he repeated her words. "Certainly not me, I like that."

Emitting a throating laugh, Della confidently leaned back in the cushions, and smiled. "I thought you would."

Perfect use of the quote used in the movie!
likes-it-bubbly chapter 2 . 9/20/2011
Oh, Paula is so bad and so good! :)

But sorry, Arthur, "To an unstoppable team…..may it never end." I'm starting to like you but I like a certain lawyer-gone-judge more. So don't be all too eager to get your paws on Della-doll. Argh, see how I wonder how this will continue, dear? :) More soon, please?
likes-it-bubbly chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Oh, this is so different and I'm digging it. :) Poor Della, all those memories, so bittersweet. And Arthur Gorden is so intriguing in this.

"There was a niggling feeling that the man who she had shared so much of her life wasn't telling her everything…..there was more…..he was keeping a secret from her."

That line killed me and made my heart go out to Della even more - and it tickles me like mad to know more! :) :)
EastEnder chapter 2 . 9/20/2011
Thanks for a grerat story. Loved the insight into the Gordon family - poor Arthur. Also liked the reason why Perry treated Della so inconsiderately when he took the Judgeship was because he was upset about the death of Paul. Liked him sitting on the edge of "their" bed in the middle of the night!
Captain Weirdo chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
love the interplay between Della and Gordon - it's nice to see him as a real person.

cw
razraz chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
I'm really enjoying this - and I love Della's flashbacks - the way PM announces his taking the position - so cold but can see it. Great fleshing out of the characters. Raz