Reviews for Surpassing Danger
Lily II chapter 70 . 4/5
Whew. I finally finished.

I think it's taken me just over a week to read the entire Dangerverse. Thank goodness for having lots of spare time, because I've spent all of it immersed in your world. And what a world it is.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I am in love with this AU of yours. It had me laughing, crying, turning off my computer to take a break and let things sink in, puzzling over prophecies when I should have been sleeping, yelling at the characters, yelling at the author, yelling at myself for not picking up on things, doing happy dances round the room when I did pick up on something that turned out to be right... This is one series I will definitely be revisiting. Maybe not immediately, but I said in my last review that I'd go through again and review every chapter, and I maintain that promise. So I speak, so I intend, so let it be done ;)

Anyway. Thank you ever so much for bringing these characters into my life - I think I can honestly say that this isn't just going to be another story I read in order to escape from real life for a while, but that I believe it's going to have an effect on me, on how I think about things and what I say and my view of the world. The joy and determination and sheer love that this entire series has portrayed can't leave any of its readers untouched, I'm sure. I cannot express how grateful I am for being allowed to be a part of the Pack and the Pride, even if only as an outside viewer. They are truly a special group, and having laughed and cried and lived and loved along with them through this series, I've felt special as well. Thank you.

And now to go read all the one-shots in the DV and then go look up your books on Amazon... Until we meet again! ;)
Roaring Typhoon chapter 70 . 2/19
Loved this series love you, please keep writing the world needs more of your work.
TheChairIsAgainstTheWall chapter 57 . 1/31
Obligatory review:

OMG OMG OMG I KNEW IT!

You had me going there for a while, but I knew some things just didn't add up. I salute you.
lmajor chapter 64 . 1/15
j
Athena chapter 70 . 12/5/2016
I first read Facing Danger when I was just starting high school, back in 2006. It's been a decade since then, and every time I read these stories again they move me just as much as they did the first time. More so, as I find new meanings in them and new resonance with my changing place in life. Each time I watch eagerly as Harry is rescued and the pack comes together, hold my breath with each increasing challenge they face, cry when friends die and when things impossibly come out all right in the end. The world you craft in these stories is beautiful, compelling, and an inspiration to love and laugh even in the midst of life's great challenges. These stories have been a cherished gift over the years, so thank you for everything, Anne.
so perfect it hurts chapter 70 . 12/5/2016
Ahhh... What a lovely series.
You have a true talent for writing. Your characters were loveable and even better believable. I loved watching them grow as they worked their way through your plot which got more and more complex. I'm surprised you managed to keep track of all the plot lines enough to wrap everything up, but you managed it beautifully.
I'm a sucker for happy endings - thanks for making me smile and laugh and cry. I've missed out on a fair bit of sleep becauseof your nasty cliff hangers ;)
Thanks for taking the time to write this.
- SPIH
Annika chapter 70 . 11/6/2016
Hi Anne:
First of all, I really hope this gets to you, since I'm guessing a bit has happened in the 2 (!) years since Surpassing Danger finished.
Anyways, I just wanted to let you know how highly I think of your writings in the Dangerverse. I didn't find your story until sometime in 2012/2013, but I read all that you had published since beginning, and loved it all.
You know those books you come back and read every so often because they're just that good? The Dangerverse is one of those "books", for me. (Yes, I know it's *technically* fanfiction, but with the way that you've created it, it feels completely different than canon to me.) As long as I live, I will never get over what I think is one of the greatest plot twists (if that's even the right word) in a novel. I am, of course, talking about none other than Draco/Fox pretending to be Lucius Malfoy. Reading the series over, I picked up on all the hints that had been dropped about the final ending since the very first chapter!
By the way, the first time I read the series, I was thoroughly convinced that "black to red and red to brown" meant Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione, and then it WASN'T! You are too good, Anne. The amount of thought and carefulness you weave into your stories leaves me with a completely satisfying conclusion, even though it might have been one I would have never imagined. Your talent for weaving stories together with dense, rich plots is among the best I can think of.
I truly hope I am in a bookstore one day and see a novel with your name in it- I can think of no other person who deserves it more.
So, I really just wanted to give you a reminder of how wonderful the Dangerverse is (along with all of your other writing!). Thank you for giving me and so many others a thrilling story, and thank you for inspiring my inner writer. And, of course, I wish you the best of luck with whatever may be in your life currently, and in the future as well.
Thank you, Anne.
Love, a Fan.
mep chapter 69 . 10/15/2016
This is absolutely the best Harry Potter fanfic I've ever read. (This review is for all 5 Dangerverse stories, not just this chapter.) I love how original you make everything, while still making it Harry Potter. The prophecies are very clever. I could go on, but it's all very good writing.
Butterbeer corks chapter 70 . 9/12/2016
I'm writing a rewiev after reading the whole fic, and I've got to say, that you Rock. It was an amazing experience, and it felt like an adventure. Many times I found myself wishing some of those parts were in the original story. And the last chapter gave me the Feels.
Thank you for an amazing story.
katmom chapter 70 . 9/9/2016
This was a lovely read. Thank you for sharing the twists, turns, laughs, tears, and joy.

Kathie
lapislaz chapter 70 . 8/18/2016
Well, it took me long enough, but I finally sat down and read ALL THE THINGS. And I must say, that I enjoyed every minute of it, except the part where everyone died. (Or close to it.) Actually, I enjoyed those parts, too. May I also remark that you've managed to get me to read (and enjoy) a Harry/Ginny Ron/Hermione story, which is one helluvan accomplishment because normally I can't stand either of those pairings. (We'll argue about that later.) Thank you so much for all the effort and skull sweat that went into entertaining us. Worth every minute.
montanaatheart chapter 70 . 8/15/2016
Was a wonderful series. I got lost in the story and it was fantastic.
Sweet Shy Suz chapter 55 . 8/11/2016
I've read this very intently thus far, on the edge of my seat most of the time. Now I am afraid, Draco is gone, Luna is as good as gone. will the Pride lose their leader as well?
donalomuiri chapter 41 . 8/5/2016
Hi, I know this is long finished but this series is fantastic! One note, at this point her!Ione is worried because she is now Lucius's heir. Danger points out what Lucius would do to continue his line. However, since Hermione is a werewolf, does this not mean she is infertile like Remus? Forgive my confusion.
But what a kick ass AU!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/4/2016
Meghan is literally the worst character, she's so petulant and cocky it hurts to read about her. If she were toned down about 5 notches, her character would be infinitely more believable
2,183 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »