Reviews for Surpassing Danger
lapislaz chapter 70 . 8/18
Well, it took me long enough, but I finally sat down and read ALL THE THINGS. And I must say, that I enjoyed every minute of it, except the part where everyone died. (Or close to it.) Actually, I enjoyed those parts, too. May I also remark that you've managed to get me to read (and enjoy) a Harry/Ginny Ron/Hermione story, which is one helluvan accomplishment because normally I can't stand either of those pairings. (We'll argue about that later.) Thank you so much for all the effort and skull sweat that went into entertaining us. Worth every minute.
montanaatheart chapter 70 . 8/15
Was a wonderful series. I got lost in the story and it was fantastic.
Sweet Shy Suz chapter 55 . 8/11
I've read this very intently thus far, on the edge of my seat most of the time. Now I am afraid, Draco is gone, Luna is as good as gone. will the Pride lose their leader as well?
donalomuiri chapter 41 . 8/5
Hi, I know this is long finished but this series is fantastic! One note, at this point her!Ione is worried because she is now Lucius's heir. Danger points out what Lucius would do to continue his line. However, since Hermione is a werewolf, does this not mean she is infertile like Remus? Forgive my confusion.
But what a kick ass AU!
Meghan is literally the worst character, she's so petulant and cocky it hurts to read about her. If she were toned down about 5 notches, her character would be infinitely more believable
A Gay Reader chapter 1 . 7/25
So, I was going to save this review until after I finished the series (for the third time). I would like to preface this comment with the disclaimer that I really do enjoy this series. I like your writing style and you always close your plot holes and wrap up all the smaller plots. However, there are a few things that I feel you could have handled better.
1. Diversity & heteronormativity. One of the biggest flaws in this story is that it completely lacks LGBTQ characters and neatly pairs up pretty much every character in a heterosexual relationship. It wouldn't be hard to make Crystal a boy, or have Selena and Maya be in a relationship. Graham and Natalie could have been a queer couple. Any of the main characters could have been shown as being attracted to other genders. You could have let Charlie Weasley remain single, as he did in canon, and allowed the commonly accepted theory that he is asexual to remain. And yet, every character is depicted as being firmly straight, and every adult assumes they will be from birth.
2. Gener roles: a huge amount of dialogue (especially between Remus and Danger in earlier installments) relies heavily on stereotypes of what men and women do. It's also very cisgender centric, making trans characters (much like non heterosexual characters) have no place in the series. Fixing this would have just meant rewording dialogue to not rely on this so much.
3. Women being expected to have children: as an extension of point two, I feel like it's really disturbing that you make Ginny more or less have to have a child at SIXTEEN in order to save the world. This lowers her character to someone meant to give birth, and solidifies the idea that a woman's purpose is to have children. It's also extremely disturbing to me that the situation is just accepted by everyone and no one considers that Ginny is a child and there's a lot of wiggle room in the initial prophecy. (As long as Harry intends to have children one day that should be enough).
4. Danger's obsession with having a child. It's unnecessary and again reinforces the idea that every woman must give birth to a child herself. Danger raised four children. She is a mother to them. That should be enough (and it also normalizes adoption as a valid form of parenthood).
Obviously this isn't going to influence the dangerverse, but I hope you read this and take it to heart in your original writing. Diversity is not optional; readers of all groups deserve to see themselves in literature.
Lys chapter 19 . 7/12
Okay so I'm reading through this again and just understood "Arafinwiel's Analysis." Now *that's* a subtle reference, it's brilliant :D
SlytherinLegacy 338 chapter 70 . 6/15
wow... what a series this was! it took me what felt like forever to get through all of the story's, and there were time when i had to stop and take a break for days to recover from one of your bombshells, though now that I thin about it, most of those where bluff for your end game.

I have enjoyed this story a lot. It hasn't really soaked in that this is the final chapter, and what my over all i feeling is so I can't out right say that this is my favorite FF story, though I will say that it makes the one of the top spots 8P

Happy Writing! 8D
SlytherinLegacy 338 chapter 62 . 6/13
mending my soul is, I feel it may fall apart with the chapter's to come
SlytherinLegacy 338 chapter 57 . 6/9
AAAHHHHH! WHAT IS HAPPENING?! MY HEART, IT'S BEGINNING TO MEND BACK TOGETHER! HOW!? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

you are truly devilish to make use all think such a way, I mean I've hoped that it all was a trick, and even was hoping that Fox was pretending to be Malfoy, but after the way you ended that, I lost hope. I will say that the thought that you had us thinking from the graveyard to now was a really missed up one. just having to read a character whom I thought was Malfoy act the time in any form of intimate/familiar way with Luna as it was written in this story was 'loss of lunch' worthy. x.x
SlytherinLegacy 338 chapter 56 . 6/9
shattered heart, shattered heart for everyone! I'd say by the time this is all over my heart will be nothing of fine ground sand

i'm going to ring your neck you crazy Author you! of all that plot twist that you could do, you freaking go and do this?!

*mumbles angrily about crazy authors as I Continue to the next chapter*
SlytherinLegacy 338 chapter 43 . 6/2
you are so wicked. what force in this world has made you this wicked? was you not loved enough as a child? did that toy that you wanted for Christmas when you were 10 not come? was those kids at school that mean? what has caused you to do these evil things I ask? i beg you to not continue these evil deeds or i may crumble to bits.
SlytherinLegacy 338 chapter 42 . 6/2
you have so gone off the deep end ! like what?! not only is Draco dead, but now Luna is a good as as well?! I hope there is a light at the end of this or I might go off the deep end x.x

that whole last part just wants to make me gag from just the thought of it x.x

onward though...
SlytherinLegacy 338 chapter 35 . 6/1
I have to say that i'm liking the way you are going about getting ready for old Moldy-wort's to try and take the castle and just fighting him in general. I feel like by the end of this i'll have a hand full of Horcruxes by how you keep ripping my heart to peaces with the people that are dying, Baby's, young lovers, mothers, fathers. If you find a spare heart lying around, will you go ahead and mail it to me? I'll need it before being done with this story.

I kind of love what you did at the end of the chapter, she deserves that and even more.

onward...
rho chapter 15 . 6/1
hey! i am still reading! loving draco's development! luna should really be slytherine's heir, since she has her second sight power, right? how exciting!
2,173 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »