Reviews for Dragon's Prey
wendums chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
o dear. Its like episode one of Roswell dumpted in RUATHA Hold. Poor Pern phraseology. i will read moor but I hope chapter 2 is not episode 2. Good isea though. Just a bit of tweaking imo
Nocte Furorem chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
I was going to ask what time period your story takes place and you answered it late in this chapter. I would suppose that after two hundred turns, it wouldn't seem inappropriate for someone to name their daughter after a famous Weyrwoman.

There was a small mistake toward the end. Dragon hatchlings will injure candidates ONLY if they're in the way of them finding their potential lifemates. If a candidate is afraid of them, they NEVER see them as "dinner", they just ignore them as unsuitable partners. Of course, the Weyrlingmaster could be telling the candidates this in order to keep them on their toes, but it does sound a little strange.
Nocte Furorem chapter 2 . 9/27/2011
Hmmm, sounds like Mechall has some personal issues.

I hope that won't become too much of a problem for Lizzie.
Nocte Furorem chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
This is really a very interesting story you started here.

I'm not at all familiar with "Roswell", but I am quite familiar with Pern. Most of your terms and names are spot-on, but I noticed you spelled Ruatha "Ruath" quite a few times.

Maxx sounds like an interesting character. Is he one of the aliens who came in the ship, or one of their sons? I'm sure you'll tell in later chapters. It would also be really neat if later on he Impressed a dragon.