Reviews for Let That Be My Story
JaToya chapter 1 . 7/7
That was quite nice. The B in me wishes the reader was shown the school's reaction to her news but the story wasn't really about all that.

This was quite good and really, pretty sweet with spot on characterization.
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
good story.
luise chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
CarmillaD chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Aw, I like how Finn is a god friend for both of them here and even plays as a Puckleberry matchmaker. Nice touch relating the story with Lea's role as Wendla, especially because, indeed, Puck would be a great Melchior. Great story!
CarmillaD chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
AW! One of my favorite songs with one of my favorite couples. Loved to see how Puck admitted he was better with Rachel and how much he missed her. Cute story!
Aurorajaye chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I think Puck would have tried to get Rachel to rehearse the Spring Awakening spanking scene. ;) Nice work.
anchyweasley chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
after a super long week of grueling exams and no internet i come back and have notifications for two of your stories, just what i need to relax. i say this about everything you write, and i'll continue to do it because it's true - this story is awesome. what i like most about your writing is that you have a development to the characters. even if the story is a tiny moment of time in these character's lives, you have a way of building up to it, so it doesn't seem rushed or unrealistic, and i love that it's no different in this story. great job! now i'm off to read Always:)
Moonlit-Mistress chapter 1 . 9/20/2011

Oh wow.

For the first time, someone managed to get the full concept of Spring Awakening, while writing a Puckleberry. I have read so many stories where they include it somehow and they ruin it. By far my favorite one yet. I legit choked up at the end.
bella0148 chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
love this, love this, love this. someone on LJ recommended you, and i am so glad i found your fics
polarpi chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
OMG, each story of yours is soooo wonderfully well-written and awesome! Loved the progress of this storyline as Rachel tells the backstory of the character she's auditing for, how both her and Puck can see the correlation to their relationship, when the sparks explode, and how he's waiting to rehearse with her when she returns. Fantastic, fabulous job! :)
lizzybennettdarcy chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Awesome story. Thanks!
Lov2-Travel chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Loved it! Just the right tone:)) To bad RM doesn't see these guys like you (we) do...
JCC chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
You really are a very talented writer! You always seem to capture the characters of Rachel and Noah so perfectly. I LOVE some of the lines you come up with. This story was so cute and sensual and really, really good.

You are by far my favourite writer on FanFiction. I'm a Finchel shipper on the show, but I am a huge Puckleberry shipper on FanFiction and you and your stories are a big reason for that. Keep posting!
JannP chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
I wanted to make a super lame and kinda nasty joke about you being back with a bang but uh... well, look at that. I guess I just did. I know it's not that you've exactly been gone, but it's been like five minutes since you posted which means I was looking for more. ha. And of course I thought this was great. I remember coming up with a big blank when you told me about the prompt so I'm glad you didn't have the same experience. I love all of it-the friendship bordering on more then becoming more, Rachel auditioning on Broadway before school is even out, Finn wishing her luck and Noah offering to go with. Seriously, it was perfect through and through. Now with the quoting.

**"Perhaps if you spent less time staring at my legs on our morning rides to school and more time listening, then you'd feel less alienated," she teased, toying with the small globe absently.

"I wasn't starin' at your legs," he defended lamely, noting Finn's smirk. "Now your tits …"** (Ha. Well at least he's honest with his side of lechery.)

**"What about lunch?"

"Fuck you," he grumbled, hearing the girly tone his friend's voice took. Legit, for a kid who used to have his tongue down Rachel's throat as much as it was in his own damn mouth, Finn was a little to eager to point out that Puck had the hots for the same chick. It was all Kurt's fault; gossiping was probably contagious or some shit. *** (Okay, there are levels of awesomeness here that I can't even touch. The teasing, the comment about Finn's tongue, and then Kurt. Yeah. Awesome characterization all the way around and Kurt's not even in the story other than right here.)

**"Broadway? Like, for real?" The look she threw him nearly turned him to stone. Not quite, though, so he was still able to back up a few inches just in case. "Fine. I was lookin' at your legs."

Rachel's eyes softened, a light laugh actually escaping. "Thank you, Noah."*** (Again with the hilarious honesty. I love how it's a concession so she'll tell him what he wants to know even though she's already told him.)

****"No. Not necessarily." Rachel bit her lip, not focusing on the warmth she instantly felt surround her. "It's about a young girl whose mother shelters her from growing up, specifically in regards to sex. She ends up making love to a classmate of hers and becomes pregnant. She's indignant with her mother for not explaining the consequences of sex to her, and the mother arranges a secret abortion. The boy was sent away earlier and when he finds out about the baby, he rushes back home to be with Wendla, but ends up stumbling upon her grave."

"She dies?" His voice cracked, and he wasn't willing to think about why.

"Yes. And Melchoir is going to kill himself, too, but then he sees her spirit as well as the spirit of their mutual friend who committed suicide earlier in the story and they tell him to keep living."

"So they save his life?"

"Just like he saved hers." Rachel smiles shyly at Puck's confused expression. "The song I was singing is Wendla's last song before her death. It's about her accepting the pregnancy, about her refusing to feel guilty or even ashamed of what her and Melchoir shared."*** (THIS right here is the most I know about Spring Awakening. JSYK.)

**"This is a first for me," she admitted shyly, unsettled by his penetrating gaze.

The corners of Puck's mouth turned up, a soft, incredulous chuckle escaping when he nodded his head a little and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "Me too."*** (Slutty romantic approves. Mucho approves.)

**"Betcha I can make you say my name."

He pulled back, smirking wider at her resulting smile. Even after what had gone down between them last night, she still blushed at his lecherous remark. He'd think after knowing him since they were eight and really knowing each other now there'd be nothing he could do to surprise her. Then again, what happened last night surprised the hell out of him. He shook his head, not letting himself think about it until he knew where her head was at – and he knew she probably wasn't going to give it any thought until after her audition. Then again, she was hiding her little notepad from him as she wrote something down, so the question is what was she thinking about?

Bet I can make you say my name.

"Fuck, Rach," he whispered hoarsely, his fingertips denting her soft flesh** (And she wins. I have a feeling he'd better get used to that. Really the whole exchange and his note with the check boxes and everything... just *sigh*)

Of course I loved it (think I already said that. Oh well, add redundant to my list of personal characteristics)! Can't wait to see what you're prompted with next!
carrie4angel chapter 1 . 9/20/2011

As always you have created such a beautiful friendship between Rachel and Noah that allows them to be themselves, they both accept the other completely, and I like to think that they balance one another out, at least that is how you show it...

I love that as much as Rachel has this deep belief in Noah and encourages him to study so that he has more opportunities, Noah is also just as encouraging,going to her shows and staying awake!But he also seems to ground her just a little bit with his banter and flirting.

There were so many little touches that you included that just made this story so great such as Noah playing the piano and the effect it had on Rachel,the bet on Rachel's vow of silence that even some of the teachers looked like they were in on, and the clever use of leprechauns as a metaphor made me smile...

And then there was the moment of truth when all the confusion and fear of blurring the lines had to be faced,the potential for greatness had already been established,she saw him by her side, her constant,her male lead,and he knew he needed her in his life everyday above everyone else, so he went to her house for a reason. I honestly think that if all they had shared was their true feelings and a kiss then the story would still show how epic their love is, but then you write the most beautiful scene that is,in my humble opinion, more about the emotions behind the act than the act itself. Yes it is Rachel's first time but as she realises its also a first for him, and he is trying to show her the depths of his true feelings.

For me this story wasn't about if Rachel actually gets the part or not, but if Noah gets the girl he has wanted for ever and if Rachel gets the leading man she deserves. Just beautiful :)