Reviews for Harry Potter is Dead
The Viking Stranger chapter 20 . 6/16
Deep and truly gratifying. Understanding the concept of life, death, trust, true iñner strength, humility and most of all...thàt true love is truly beyond the grave...

Excellent work.
jr chapter 20 . 4/20
I cried. Seriously this is good price of work. It really stirred up a lot of feelings especially for Ginny. Hope you will continue to write about HP. You really are talented.
Hey just wanna say this story has been really awesome so far. Keep up the good job. H/G forever.
SuperFamousDanVickey chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
See? The stronger fighter always wins! It's as easy to understand as a flowchart!"
—Ken
"I'm ready for ya. Bring it on! (いつでもいいぜ! かかってきな! Itsu demo ii ze! Kakatte ki na!?)"
—Ken (Street Fighter IV series)
Ken (ケン or 拳 Ken?, "Fist") also known by his full name, Ken Masters (ケン・マスターズ Ken Masutāzu?), is a video game character created by Capcom. He is one of the main characters from the Street Fighter series of fighting games alongside Ryu. Ken is also stated to be the second most popular character in the series, coming second to Ryu. Like Ryu, Ken's goal is to test his power against many different fighters and strive to become stronger.

Contents[show]
BiographyEdit
Appearance Edit
Ken is most easily recognized by his sparring gloves (yellow in the Alpha series, brown elsewhere) and bright red gi with the sleeves ripped off, similar to Ryu's (Capcom has said that a red gi was chosen to stand out and to reflect his more flashy style of fighting). His gi has the sleeves neatly removed, and it is usually seen in better shape than Ryu's, since he can easily afford to keep up with and/or own spares. He has long blonde hair and has long eyebrows. He wears a black belt at his waist and fights barefooted. In the Street Fighter Alpha series, he had longer hair that he tied back with a red ribbon into a ponytail. The official explanation for the loss of the ribbon is that he gave it to Ryu to wear during the events of Street Fighter Alpha 2 (as stated in Ken's own ending); Ryu was distracted during his fight with Ken because he had just fought Sagat, and ended up losing. Ken gave Ryu the headband to remind him of their fight.

Personality Edit
While Ryu is the more serious and stoic of the two, Ken is the complete opposite. He's flamboyant, unorthodox and unpredictable. He is an alpha male with a giant ego and constantly reminds his opponents about his greatness. While he can be brash, egotistical, and arrogant at times, his heart is pure. He is generally kind, friendly, a good person, and very easygoing. He never backs down from a fight no matter how difficult it looks. Like Ryu, he believes in honor, hard work, endurance, and discipline. He always gives his opponents the utmost respect, whether it is his master Gouken, his best friend Ryu, or his Capcom vs. SNK rival, Terry Bogard. He is also a worrywart when it comes to his family. He nearly didn't enter the tournament in Street Fighter IV because he didn't want to leave Eliza so close to her due date, and only entered when she assured him she'd be fine. He still called her to check in and tell her to be careful on stairs.[3]

Story Edit
BackgroundEdit
When Ken was about 12 years old, his father, a rich hotel tycoon, thought that his son needed to learn about discipline, or his son would become a spoiled brat all of his life and try to leech onto the Masters' family fortune. In order to do so, the elder Masters sent Ken to Japan to train under his best friend, the mysterious karate master Gouken. At first, Ken was very hesitant to learn from Gouken, wanting to go back to the United States, but later began to respect his master. He even enjoyed the company of Gouken's adopted son, Ryu, since he had a foil to finally pull pranks on, although this got Ken into a lot of trouble. Ryu and Ken would later become best friends and each other's principal rivals.

When Ryu was 23, Gouken decided that both of his pupils had grown up to be fine fighters and decided that their training was over and could now leave the dojo. Ryu decided to travel the world in order to continue his training, whereas Ken was finally happy to be going back home to the United States after his years of straining his back for his master, Gouken, and finally learning the meaning of humility. After coming home, Ken competed in many different Martial Arts tournaments held in the United States, winning most of them.

Street Fighter Alpha Edit
Ken did not participate in the first World Warrior tournament; instead, he fought in (and won) the premiere U.S. Martial Arts tournament that had been previously won by Charlie Nash, as well as meeting a very attractive girl named Eliza, who became his girlfriend.

After winning the U.S. martial arts tournament, Ken returned to his training ground to tell his master Gouken the good news. There, he witnessed his master's death at the hands of Akuma. Enraged and grief-stricken, he attacked Akuma, only to be knocked to the ground by a single blow.

Ken began wandering the world in search of Akuma, and his friend and fellow student Ryu; he wanted to tell Ryu what happened to their master, and also hoped to win a match against him. He eventually finds Ryu in seclusion. Ryu is dejected upon seeing his long-time friend, but Ken makes him go try out a spar anyway. After winning, Ken realizes how stressed out his best friend is since his fight with Sagat. Ryu explains to Ken that deep within him there is a burning rage - a power trying to overcome him. Giving Ryu his red headband, Ken tells him to stay focused, which greatly cheers Ryu up. Ken returns home and, with Eliza's support, begins training harder, knowing even with his recent feelings, that Ryu is always stronger than he looks.[4]

Ken begins to wonder about his own life. Ryu seemed to be on the right track again, but what of him? Along the road to proving himself again, he encounters Karin, who tells him she has followed his career and is trying to best her rival Sakura to prove she is superior. Ken advises her it's good to have a rival, not for supremacy, but to keep on training harder and focusing. With this, Ken finds himself again and is focused once more.

Going off to meet up with Sakura, they too have a friendly match, and Ken finally realizes that Ryu has the right idea all along. Both he and Sakura begin to travel to find Ryu, but their path crosses with that of Shadaloo dictator M. Bison. Ken confronts him but is easily defeated and placed under Bison's hypnosis. Bison then uses brainwashed Ken to lure Ryu out of hiding. Once Ryu shows up, Bison makes Ken fight him. Ryu wins and manages to release Ken of Bison's mind control.

Ryu then proceeds to fight Bison but loses and is, just like Ken before him, turned into a slave of Bison's Psycho Power. Sagat appears and, enraged by Bison's actions, engages Ryu in an attempt to break Bison's mental grip on him. The now free Ken, aided by Sakura, attacks Bison. This intervention, along with Sagat's presence, makes Ryu come to his senses.

Recovered, Ryu takes on Bison once more. Bison senses Ryu's dark power (which Bison describes as "The ultimate form of Psycho Power") and attempts to manipulate Ryu's mind once again. At his friends urging, Ryu resists and defeats Bison with a powerful Hadoken. Ken is happy to see his old friend again. With a promise of a new duel, the two part their ways.

Street Fighter II Edit
Ken received an invitation to the second World Warrior tournament; however, since his last U.S. Martial Arts tournament, he had let himself spend too much time with his girlfriend, Eliza, rather than training. Only Ryu's personal challenge rekindled Ken's fighting spirit and persuaded him to enter the second World Warrior tournament.

After the events of Street Fighter II, Ken is married to Eliza, something he had apparently vowed only to do after winning a decisive victory against Ryu. However it is unknown if the two fought during the tournament, or if Ken actually won if they even did. No details have been stated, although it is heavily implied that they indeed did fight, and Ken won.

Ultra Street Fighter IV Edit
When a new tournament is announced, Ken is unsure whether to compete, as Eliza is now heavily pregnant and he doesn't want to leave her. Sensing his inner conflict, Eliza assures him that she'll be fine and that the baby isn't due for a while yet, so he should go meet up with Ryu and tell him she says hi. Ken enters, and in the absence of gas stations near the location for the final, he parks his SUV in a convenient spot, calls Eliza to check on her, and continues the rest of the way on foot. Over the course of the tournament, he encounters his self-appointed rival, Rufus, although the results of that match are unknown.

After the tournament, it is discovered that Gouken is still alive, and Ken and Ryu pursue him as he leaves. Ken is upset that Gouken has not said anything to them, but Gouken counters that they no longer need a master. Ken and Ryu head home on foot, and Rufus passes them by on his motorbike, calling them losers. Soon however, Rufus' bike runs out of gas, and Ken and Ryu reach the SUV; Ken offers Rufus and his girlfriend Candy a lift, but Rufus refuses.

Upon arriving home afterwards, he tells Eliza that although he did indeed get to fight Ryu, they had been so busy with the rest of the unfolding events that they hadn't been able to give it their all. Soon afterwards, their son is born [3] and they name him Mel.

Street Fighter IIIEdit
Ken then entered the third World Warrior tournament. By this time, a Brazilian teenager named Sean had been pestering him to become his student, and Ken reluctantly accepted, beginning to train him. He fought Sean in the tournament and won against him; however, he drops out upon realizing Ryu was defeated by Oro. Ken begins to train his son Mel in rudimentary fighting techniques. He also told Sean to go find Ryu and challenge him, giving him some free time with Eliza.

Though bored, Ken hears about a mysterious organization and goes to investigate, and he may have confronted Urien. He does win his third straight U.S. Martial Arts tournament victory, which is a new record, and offers the trophy to Sean, although his student says he wishes to earn it for himself. He learned that Ryu had sought him out and traveled all the way to New York from Oakland for their long-awaited rematch. Tossing some friendly jabs at each other, both have a good fight. Since then, Ken has continued to train Sean and Mel, ha
dan vicky chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
post tit piczzzzzzzz
nienerz chapter 20 . 11/17/2013
I cried. A lot.
xs18 chapter 20 . 11/15/2013
Hey, I know that it's a bit too late but even if I have been reading and even writting fanfics for two years now I only started to read Harry Potter fics yesterday and yours left me breathless (I know it actually means nothing comng for someone that has no editorial sperience yet but I wanted to say it anyway). Really you really your story really encouraged me, I don't want to bored you but to sum up due to recent events I was thinking about stop writting but after seeying what people like you (and hopefully me some day) can create just with words make me want to write again.
That being said you also let me a bit depressed because I don't know if you didn't on porpouse but in the end you did a strong contrast between Hermione and Ron and Ginny and Harry bacause although you created a happy ending to them there was this short of sensation that they were happy they will never have a real life toghrther.
Anyway thankyou for your wonderful story.
I hope you still can read this.
xs18.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 20 . 11/23/2012
Dark concept, but a very well-written one, I’ll give you that.
The opening created a brilliant picture of how the wizarding world has fallen apart in a history where the Battle of Hogwarts merely marked the end of the beginning rather than the end of it all, even before you revealed the discovery of Harry’s body, and while the subsequent ‘jump’ was a bit jarring at first, it certainly created some interesting possibilities even before you introduced Ginny’s ‘reaction’ to Harry’s death (Along with answering the question of how she found the Resurrection Stone, naturally).
Ginny’s declining mental state as she becomes ‘obsessed’ with the use of the stone to be with Harry is certainly handled well- particularly her final breakdown-, and Voldemort’s subsequent plan makes perfect sense, given his twisted mind and warped ego, as he considers the deaths of thousands and the corruption of the afterlife a ‘fair’ trade in his own sick quest for immortality.
Neville’s confrontation with Bellatrix was excellent; not only was the torture scene of superior quality than the last one I read- seriously, the writer actually had the person being AWARE of how close they were to being driven to catatonia?-, but there was something very satisfying about the idea of him getting revenge for what she did to his parents, even if the canonical clash of ‘love’ between her and Molly in the series had its good points, to say nothing of the chilling nature of Voldemort’s subsequent sacrifices (Although the part with Ginny’s thoughts in the aftermath of the Fiendfyre assault was a bit confusing; I wasn’t entirely clear at first if she was dead already or not).
Still, even with my confusion about the hall scene, I can’t fault the finale; living and dead unite to stop an act that is an abomination to both sides, culminating in a final desperate stand as those closest to Harry end the monster he was unable to kill himself, and an ending that manages to provide a sense of hope even amid the sorrow of so much death...
Valkyrie27489flynn chapter 20 . 10/27/2012
Fantastic story! It brought tears to my eyes many a time
sachi1325 chapter 20 . 10/20/2012
awesome story, luved it :)
Briememory chapter 20 . 10/13/2012
I'm flattered for the shout-out really, but you deserved every bit of praise. Though I told you at the end of the last chapter that your final image was perfect, you managed to make your epilogue top that. Whereas most epilogues are tacked onto books such as "Mockingjay" and "Deathly Hallows" by editorial mandate to make the readers sure that the characters had happy endings, your epilogue left me wanting more. I was so intrigued by the questions you raised that I find myself wanting a sequel to a story that I thought had ended perfectly. Well done! What a fantastic work, from beginning to end!
hptrump chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Very good story even though I only read less than 10 percent of the story. I found the story line to depressing for my taste. I'd give you 9 out of 10 for the story being well written.
BrightWatcher chapter 20 . 10/11/2012
A soft and resounding resolution. Deeply emotional and thoughtful.

So often in this story I have found that no words are necessary, or capable of expressing my feelings concerning this story.

Well done.

I look forward to reading your future writings!

Good luck with your writer's muse!
Firestorm2004 chapter 20 . 10/11/2012
Interesting end to the story. I'm glad that Harry and Ginny ended up together, even if they are dead. I wish you the best of luck as you move on to bigger and better things.
tryagain4me chapter 8 . 10/9/2012
Love this story! I love that Ginny loves Harry so much that she can't live without him and is driven insane with grief