Reviews for Any Sentry from His Post
Ambara chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Awesome last line,
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Excellent! Edmund is right; being a king is a hard, long slog, at least if you're doing it right. And Shasta/Cor is more likely to stick with it than Cor. (Now, Cor will be really handy for those wars, but it might be a good idea to send him out into the woods to fight wild beasts when there isn't one, or he might just start a war because he's bored).

And if there are really hard time, Cor can show them in person how to throw out nets for fish. You never know when that talent might come in handy, especially if he learns how to fish for men, and women.
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Wonderful. Never a huge fan of Narnia fanfic before but perhaps I'll start reading more.
marmota-b chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Ohhh. This is great. I love the way you look into details and potential outcomes and underlying thoughts in Narnia. It is always very thought-provoking... and tends to enter my head canon.
In this case - of course there's going to be trouble about Rabadash, and of course the Narnians will stay.

I particularly love how Shasta likens Archenland, unconsciously, to a ship. (And he's still Shasta to me, too.)

Normally, I have some sort of personal pet-peeve with present tense in fiction, and more trouble following it when it is used. Not so here. That's another sign this is well-written!
FF.netfanHANNAH chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Oh, why did this have to be a one-shot. You are an exceedingly talented writter that needs to update and publish more...

I think the entire work is great. I'm not sure I can pick out key parts...
I like how Edmund related what being a King is in terms that he knew Shasta/Cor would understand. And how the young boy is having trouble coping with his sudden changein status and name. It was just great.

*HannaH*
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Haha! "may he choke on a sweetmeat and die,"... Oh, bull's eye, Cor. Bull's eye!

But still, it really must be hard. This fic shows that much. From living in the harsh land of Calormen, to being a prince of a free, kind country. And oh, all the getting used to that needs to be done! But hey, thank Aslan that Archenland has Narnia for a friend and ally. And thank the Lion that said ally has good, devoted kings and queens . . . Especially this king in particular; the Just King! I do believe he's just the person that Shasta needed to talk with, and in turn, the person who will surely have an open ear (and mind) to listen to him at this point. Wonderful piece! And book-verse, too! *Smiles* Thank you very much for that. The movies are great in their own right, but I won't deny that I enjoy reading book-canon fics more. And my favorite ones have got to be HHB stories like this! :) Awesome job.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I loved this, and one of the many things I loved about it was that Shasta was still himself, a beaten escaped servant who worried about upsetting a king, even though himself a prince.

And i loved Edmund being sensible and kind.
Aki no Ryu chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
That was a nice story, I liked it a lot. I like the perspective of how overwhelmed Cor was and how he decided to rise to the occasion. I also like the fact that you used Edmund to "show" him the way.
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
This was very solid. Poor Cor, finding his sea legs so slowly...and this is an interesting, almost fatherly portrayal of Edmund that is very effective here.

great story,

Clio1792
alchymie chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I think there was a line in AHAHB, near the end, when Lune tells Shasta he can no more refuse to be the heir than a sentry can leave his assigned post. This makes a very nice tie-in to that line, and shows Shasta in the days immediately after the main canon story.

I liked this very much, particularly Shasta's notions that he's only good for doing chores, and Edmund's response that being a king is just as boring. And that Shasta, for all his newfound status, is still a Calormene slave by upbringing, and it will show in everything he tries to do.

An insightful story, and nicely done. Thank you for sharing, Liz.
FlavioS chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Interesting aproach. I really like storys showing Cor adapting to his new life.

Great story.
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Lovely little fic.
Hilariter chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This was a great one shot.

I really liked the comparison of a king's work to keeping a fisherman's house. I agree that Shasta would have had one heck of a transition to make, and I believe that Edmund's comparison was a very good way to bring him into a more comfortable frame of mind. It definitely felt like it brought the idea of being a king down into the realm of possibility for Cor, rather than a lifetime of impossible tasks he had no understanding for.

This was also a great transition moment in Cor's character arc simply because we the audience can see the arc, the difference between his behavior before and after the intervention. Seeing his progress from frustration and avoidance to interest in learning and clear-headed decisions was very well handled and shown clearly through your writing.

Very well done, it was a pleasure to read!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Excellent story! I really liked how you portrayed Cor's feelings. Being at loose ends is really hard to describe and you did it perfectly. Very well done!
yellulhchicken chapter 1 . 9/20/2011