Reviews for Under the Same Sky
SebatadeS chapter 6 . 6/5
I love how well written this is. You did a great job.
Guest-o chapter 6 . 4/15
This is one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've read. The only reason for the low review count I can think of is that this story is set in Unova, a region that didn't sit well with most purists.
Almost 4 years have passed, and here we are, still waiting on the epilogue...
ShmokeyDaBear chapter 6 . 3/11
Beautifully written.
DarkTyphlosion chapter 6 . 12/23/2016
This is undoubtedly one of, if not the best, among all the Pokémon fanfiction that I've ever read on this site. The way Black's character developed throughout these six chapters, how his relationship with Cynthia progressed, the way you portrayed her character and your writing style as a whole- darn, I must admit, I'm speechless.
Great job, and I hope to see more from you in the future!
TheNightstriker chapter 6 . 10/30/2016
That was a great story. It truly was, like holy shit when I started reading this it was so angsty But it did go above and beyond my expectations. Go Black!
NobodiesHiiro chapter 6 . 1/28/2016
I actually read this over on DLP. I stayed up all night reading it, one chapter and then the next, hah, it's awesome and going into my favorites for sure I love everything about it. Thanks for writing, I don't really have anything else to say, but I feel like I should. Later on.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/5/2015
Since black finally has a change of heart about stuff, he should as well apologize to his friends, family and cynthia for being so rude.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/5/2015
Damn, black has gone totally crazy
Emeralddragon12 chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
Okay, this is without a doubt one of the best Pokémon stories I've ever read, and one of the best written stories on this site. But please, please, please post thw epilogue and then loke three sequal stories. I really want to know how it ends.
twentythirteen chapter 6 . 7/8/2015
This was easily one of the best works I've read on this site.

The character development and interactions were amazing, and the amount of detail and thought you put into this is remarkable. Some argue that copious amounts of details unnecessarily slow down the story, but in this case they were so beautifully written that the reader is forced to stop and admire them.

I also like the way you utilized the flashbacks; they really added depth and emotion to Black. The manner in which these characters were written is extraordinary, and the battle scene between them was just as powerful as the other scenes when they are just talking to one another.

Another thing I liked was how you incorporated pokemon into the story. When authors write stories focusing on two human characters, they often times glaze over or completely disregard that it is a pokemon story and that pokemon should be featured in it. This story did not do that, and you really made the pokemon come alive with your writing.

I noticed that you have not uploaded the epilogue, and I don't know if you have lost interest or have just forgotten or if you left it out on purpose, but I agree with your decision. In my opinion, this ending is perfect. The flashback to when Black first meets Tepig is emotional and impacting considering the events of the story, and I think that it is a perfect way to end the story.

Overall, this is a great piece of writing. Truly a work of art.
Tithi chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
May God damn you for not posting the epilogue.
Pulvis chapter 6 . 1/29/2015
hey, amazing stuff.

cynthia and black's interaction was fascinating, the prose was really well done, and the character development (specifically for such a short time period) was believable and warmed my heart just a tad. last chapter confused me a bit, but i've never gotten that far in bw before, so i'll just chalk it up to that.

shame the epilogue hasn't been posted even though it's been done(?) for almost three years.

anyways cheers mate take a bow because this was one of the best pokemon fics after the game of champions and you should be proud honestlyw
VentusBrawler chapter 6 . 12/8/2014
What you wrote was one of the worst fanfics I ever read. Instead it was a moving literary piece that illustrated worldly symbolism and universal themes. You apply symbolism very effectively in portraying the ideals of Zekrom, the truths of Reshiram, and the balance of Yin and Yang. The moving transformation of Black (Hilbert) throughout the story rivals Pip's transformation in Charles Dicken's Great Expectations. Essentially, this epilogue of pokemon black/white and prelude to black/white 2 connects the two timelines and fills in gaps that were missing. Through masterful use of figurative language, imagery, and symbolism, you made readers empathetic of Black's depression up to his catharsis and produced a strong emotional tie to a fictional character. I especially enjoy Black's final stand for his ideals, resulting in his disappearance in accordance to black/white 2. His descent into Undella Bay parallels Grendel's fall into his cave in John Gardener's Grendel. Great work, and good job. Thanks for the appealing read.
Flamingcheesepie chapter 6 . 11/23/2014
For some reason, this fic makes me really emotional. Most of the time, you could put up the most heartbreaking thing in front of me and I wouldn't care. Just goes to show how good of a writer you are. And this is like the tenth time I have read this and I am still super emotional about it.