Reviews for Under the Same Sky
Emeralddragon12 chapter 1 . 7/19
Okay, this is without a doubt one of the best Pokémon stories I've ever read, and one of the best written stories on this site. But please, please, please post thw epilogue and then loke three sequal stories. I really want to know how it ends.
twentythirteen chapter 6 . 7/8
This was easily one of the best works I've read on this site.

The character development and interactions were amazing, and the amount of detail and thought you put into this is remarkable. Some argue that copious amounts of details unnecessarily slow down the story, but in this case they were so beautifully written that the reader is forced to stop and admire them.

I also like the way you utilized the flashbacks; they really added depth and emotion to Black. The manner in which these characters were written is extraordinary, and the battle scene between them was just as powerful as the other scenes when they are just talking to one another.

Another thing I liked was how you incorporated pokemon into the story. When authors write stories focusing on two human characters, they often times glaze over or completely disregard that it is a pokemon story and that pokemon should be featured in it. This story did not do that, and you really made the pokemon come alive with your writing.

I noticed that you have not uploaded the epilogue, and I don't know if you have lost interest or have just forgotten or if you left it out on purpose, but I agree with your decision. In my opinion, this ending is perfect. The flashback to when Black first meets Tepig is emotional and impacting considering the events of the story, and I think that it is a perfect way to end the story.

Overall, this is a great piece of writing. Truly a work of art.
Tithi chapter 1 . 3/27
May God damn you for not posting the epilogue.
Pulvis chapter 6 . 1/29
hey, amazing stuff.

cynthia and black's interaction was fascinating, the prose was really well done, and the character development (specifically for such a short time period) was believable and warmed my heart just a tad. last chapter confused me a bit, but i've never gotten that far in bw before, so i'll just chalk it up to that.

shame the epilogue hasn't been posted even though it's been done(?) for almost three years.

anyways cheers mate take a bow because this was one of the best pokemon fics after the game of champions and you should be proud honestlyw
VentusBrawler chapter 6 . 12/8/2014
What you wrote was one of the worst fanfics I ever read. Instead it was a moving literary piece that illustrated worldly symbolism and universal themes. You apply symbolism very effectively in portraying the ideals of Zekrom, the truths of Reshiram, and the balance of Yin and Yang. The moving transformation of Black (Hilbert) throughout the story rivals Pip's transformation in Charles Dicken's Great Expectations. Essentially, this epilogue of pokemon black/white and prelude to black/white 2 connects the two timelines and fills in gaps that were missing. Through masterful use of figurative language, imagery, and symbolism, you made readers empathetic of Black's depression up to his catharsis and produced a strong emotional tie to a fictional character. I especially enjoy Black's final stand for his ideals, resulting in his disappearance in accordance to black/white 2. His descent into Undella Bay parallels Grendel's fall into his cave in John Gardener's Grendel. Great work, and good job. Thanks for the appealing read.
Flamingcheesepie chapter 6 . 11/23/2014
For some reason, this fic makes me really emotional. Most of the time, you could put up the most heartbreaking thing in front of me and I wouldn't care. Just goes to show how good of a writer you are. And this is like the tenth time I have read this and I am still super emotional about it.
xavier's school for mutants chapter 6 . 8/3/2014
it's been 2 years please give us the epilogue :(
Ace of Spies chapter 5 . 6/4/2014
So Cynthia got through to him after all. Thats good. But what is she up to... What is this 'business' she goes on about, and what was she postponing? I feel like shes in trouble...
Ace of Spies chapter 4 . 6/4/2014
Oh my god this is the best chapter in any Pokemon story ever.
Truly great writing.
Mr.Black64 chapter 4 . 3/15/2014
...

Next time put a Emo warning somewhere.
Re-exist chapter 6 . 1/25/2014
That was just beautiful. So deep... and I really love the quotes. One cannot help but feel inspired after reading them. Shame inspiration never lasts.

Is this story complete? Cus' it seems that you ended it, but the status say otherwise.
SphereWizard chapter 6 . 1/14/2014
PLEASE post the epilogue! Its to good not to!
Nightraze chapter 6 . 9/9/2013
Great story! Amazing characterisations, I like how you made all the characters so...alive and human, even Cynthia had made mistakes in your story, something many writers don't do - they make her into something perfect and therefore unrealistic. I liked the backstory you gave her in chapter four.

I also really liked the way you wrote the glimpses into Black's memories, especially the last one. I even cried at the end.

Anyway, I'm adding this to my favs! Hope to read more of your stories in the future!
letsgetcyclic chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
This is with out a doubt the best story I've read on this site.
PeKan chapter 6 . 8/27/2013