Reviews for Love Upon The Mountains
nellysh chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
one word: perfect
Paimpont chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Amazing story! You have managed to capture two people's whole lifetime together and all the complexities of their relationship in just a few letters. Ron's voice was spot-on, and the juxtaposition between the solemn "in case I die" letters and the scribbled shopping list made me smile.
felines chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Sorry I took a while to get back to you. Anyways, this was so very sweet. I enjoyed the epistolary form as well as the snapshots of how their relationship progressed throughout the years.

Scoring:

Spelling and Grammar: 10/10 pts. As far as I could tell no mistakes, so that's great!

Originality: 9/10 pts. Little to no cliche - great! The letter format in and of itself was very unique. I loved Ron's wackiness!

Believability: 9/10 pts. I liked it very much! This category of course was very up to my taste but I certainly felt it might happen. Of course, writing a letter approximately once a year might not be so believable, but it's part of the competition, so. xD

Flow: 8/10 pts. Your writing read very smoothly. I'm taking a couple of points off because while I was able to tell where one letter stopped and where another began, it was a bit off-putting to see no line-breaks or anything in between each letter. Also, the list in the middle of the story was confusing at first - it would have been awesome if you had written a title for it or something and a date (it wouldn't detract from the believability, since some people date and write a heading for their informal to-do or shopping lists).

Overall story: 9/10 pts. Very successful! Like I said, no line breaks was disorientating, but I managed to get it in one go. As for the writing, almost spotless! I loved the easy-going-ness of it all, even in serious letters! It really shows off Ron's fun personality!

Your total, therefore, is 44/50, or 88%. Amazing job! This was a pleasure to read!
Tobias Flies Free chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Absolutely brilliant, and so very Ron. Especially where he loses the letter for decades at a time, and how he ended talking about how he hoped he didn't end on an anticlimax.
ammmunition chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
That was beautiful...it was just soo...Ron

it was gorgeous...and sweet...thank you for this