Reviews for Crossing Lines
kate811 chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
This may be one of my favorite Dummy Twins missing scenes! I particularly loved Niles' first insult (and it not even being an insult at all!) and the whole ending. "Not...yet" So. Good. So in character! And I loved that it was CC who suggested they date! I thought that was adorable, while still in character. Great story!
seirina chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Aww, this is really sweet! I love the reference to the sponge at the end... one of the best CC/Niles scenes of the show, I think. The dialogue is snappy and perfect for this couple.
MissChastityClaireBabcock chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Love. That's basically all I can offer you at this point. Of course, there's always my firstborn, but . . . . you wouldn't want him. He's spoiled rotten. I adore you SO much!
rx9872 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Awesome! There have been lots of "Dummy Twins" continuations but this is a great one! Look forward to reading more of your stories.
Vee22 chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
This is great! It's going on my Favourites list without delay. )

I like how you've referenced past episodes and included them in CC and Niles' history. I also like the flashbacks to the day they first met and the day that Niles first 'insulted' her. And most of all, I'm moved by Niles' wonderful speech.

Thank you for writing! This was a real delight to read.
Kazlene la Suicine chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Great job, and I have to say one of the most believable dummy twins stories Ive ever read
EspoirDio chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Ok, WOW!Where have you been for most of my life?This was perfection!Your writing style as well as your ideas were absolutely marvelous and, like the others said, such a great combination of humour and seriousness. You are what I've been missing so much in this category as of !I really hope you'll write more for these characters!
nrfan chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
here is why i love this story: it's listed as angst/romance and is even a bit dramatic yet you still found room for comedic relief and kept cc and niles true to the characters. and not comedy in the contrived and unrealistic "oh let me insert a few funny insults here and then get back to my melodrama" sense, but in a way that feels so natural and flows so well with the fic. it's a rare story that captures the emotional turmoil both of them are going through yet adorns the angst with a bit of the somewhat unintentional humor both of them possess.

example: "So you do remember the first time I insulted you!" so great, funny, not in an obvious one-liner way but in a way that shows us humor is in their nature and they can't get away from it even in a serious conversation.

this fic had such beautiful prose, right from the beginning with the "extended session with her old friend Jack Daniels," and also with mentioning the "cheerful, lace-covered disaster." that is just amazing writing that we don't see here everyday so thanks!

the quick back and forth of niles convincing her they could work out ultimately culminating in:

"Well!" CC laughed breathlessly. "You've got an answer for everything, don't you?"

"There's one answer I'm still waiting for, Miss Babcock."

was just perfect. and i love that you kept it light-hearted in the end (even incorporating the sponge comments from the show) and didn't go into cc confessing her love because i do believe in the show she never would have been in the right state of mind that night to identify her feelings as love, let alone articulate them back to niles; she would have needed some more time which is exactly how you went with it by suggesting they date.

so overall, yes i loved this, it's getting faved! tackling a dummy twins continuation and actually doing so in a creative and innovative way is such a talent, you did a fantastic job of that, i really hope you write more niles/cc fics. and it's always so refreshing to see the fandom still attracts new people into writing for these characters. :)
slm38 chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Excellent story. You did a great job of mixing humor into the serious conversation. It was very true to both characters. I hope you write other Niles/CC stories.
CCandNiles4ever chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Very good Dummy Twins fill in the blank. Stayed true to both characters. Can't wait to see what else you have in store :)
ladybrin chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
That was very good- lots and lots of detail- which i love- you did a good job with the fic- i also liked how you linked old stuff with your new dialogue- very clever- hope you write more niles and cc soon- PS- we can NEVER have enough Dummy twins fics written- haha
AllTheSnakes chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
I loved it!

Great story. The exact amount of humour, and good moments of justifying their behaviours.

Your explanation to his zingers is amazing - he would do anything to get her attention...

Congratulations!
Nayuki-Bunny chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
I love this. "The Nanny" was a great show and it was a pleasant surprise to see a story from you on it. excellent work expanding on Niles and CC's relationship, I was grinning throughout. great work!